• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC playsound

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious about EC Playsound. When I am playing the EC and select the sound option box for EC playsound, nothing seems to happen. I log off because I suspect a restart might be needed, but still see no change. I use Pinco's, and if I log in with the UO patcher, I do not get (for example) the tillerman response sounds. However, if I log in with the Pinco patcher, an EC Playsound icon pops up in my windows taskbar even before the game loads. I then get the playsounds I expect. After using the Pinco's patcher, it does not matter if I select the start UO option or start UO patcher option, or whether EC playsound is selected, EC playsound is active.

So my question.... does the option box for EC playsound work or not? I only get the functionality if I start the game through the Pinco's patcher and then I get the functionality regardless if I have the EC playsound option selected or not.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious about EC Playsound. When I am playing the EC and select the sound option box for EC playsound, nothing seems to happen. I log off because I suspect a restart might be needed, but still see no change. I use Pinco's, and if I log in with the UO patcher, I do not get (for example) the tillerman response sounds. However, if I log in with the Pinco patcher, an EC Playsound icon pops up in my windows taskbar even before the game loads. I then get the playsounds I expect. After using the Pinco's patcher, it does not matter if I select the start UO option or start UO patcher option, or whether EC playsound is selected, EC playsound is active.

So my question.... does the option box for EC playsound work or not? I only get the functionality if I start the game through the Pinco's patcher and then I get the functionality regardless if I have the EC playsound option selected or not.
you must start the game with the UI patcher or with EC playsound, never start it with the default patcher or it won't work.

Last edited: