• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] EC macro question - using prospector's tool

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to figure out how to set up a macro or set of macros in the enhanced client that will allow me to easily use the prospector's tool while mining. I know I first have to use a pickaxe or shovel on a spot, then use the prospector's tool on the exact same spot, then start mining on the exact same spot.

I have each of the individual pieces working: the first macro brings up a cursor target for the pick or shovel, then I click the mouse to do a single digging action. The next macro brings up a cursor target for the prospector's tool, and when I click the mouse the prospecting tool is used. Then i hit my mining macro and get the 10 shovelfuls of ore.

Is there a way I can lump at least the first two actions in a single macro? I haven't tried that yet but am curious whether anyone else has a good single macro or at most two macros for this series of actions.

Thanks!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this is what i use
macro 1
axe/shovel(set to cursor)
delay (2 seconds use longer here if you have problems)
prospectors tool (set to cursor)
wait for target
cursor target last

when used this brings up target curser you then have 2 seconds to use it on spot it will then use prospector on same spot

macro 2
pickaxe
cursor target last

set repaet 10 times

thats it hit macro 1 and target spot then click macro 2 and you are done
I have messed with combining this all in one but its way to glitchy

hope that helps

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
oh keep in mind though if between macro 1 and macro 2 you do something like open your pack or paperdoll it will mess the macros target up and you will need to reset the target

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My system... note that this is for targetted mining and ends up working a lot like legacy mining... but better.

1. Shovel/pick in hotbar slot 1, Target: Cursor (sets vein to mine)
2. Built Macro: Prosp Tool Target: Cursor | Target Cursor Last in hotbar slot 2
3. Built Macro: Shovel/Pick Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | Cursor Target Last | Delay 0.4 | Shovel/Pick Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | Cursor Target Last | Delay 0.4 | Shovel/Pick Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | Cursor Target Last | Delay 0.4 Repeat set to 10 in hotbar slot 3

For smelting I have a 4 row by 9 box grid for each ore size and color set to the 4 rows of normal keys on the keyboard... here it is from KR, but the layout is the same in the EC. However difference is that the Targets for the Ore are all set to Stored with the Stored property being my fire beetle for quick one-key smelting while I mine.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dermott, do you recall around when mining anymore? Like, before resource changes. Or, do you just strip mine the same location over and over?

I pretty much quit mining a few months after the resource changes then quit playing almost entirely for nearly two years.

It seems like just mining the same spot over and over should give the same % of ore than attempting to mine only certain ore types.

Nice looking macros btw. I'm about to get mine set up in the EC also. Thanks for the tips.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I never did the whole recall mining thing. I usually hit certain areas and strip mine runs of them. For over the past year, I've been strip mining Fel Cove to great results as I start down by the entrance wall, work around to the bank, dump everything, restock shovels/picks as needed, then continue around to the bay, then back by the bank to drop off/restock, then back to the beginning again.

Works a lot better IMO than the recall mining I see going on. But then I don't try to "target" mine, I mine up all of everything I can so even if I am trying to get more of a giving ore type, the rest will be accumulating for when I need it.

Personally I've LOVED the ore-swap changes... makes mining easier to know a good "favorite area" than simply "this vein is X, this vein is Y, etc". Sure some days are better than others, but it all pans out over time.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmm this just got me thinking (couple of beers helped)I wonder since you can create a recal macro tied to a book (has to be set to default i think)
could yo create a macro that recalled to a mining location(lets call it a val spot)then mine resource location then recall to another book location (diff book) and mine it and put it all in one macro?

if so you could mine say 4 books and each book would have multiple locations in it so you could change defaults?

any thoughts?

F

Fink

hmm this just got me thinking (couple of beers helped)I wonder since you can create a recal macro tied to a book (has to be set to default i think)
could yo create a macro that recalled to a mining location(lets call it a val spot)then mine resource location then recall to another book location (diff book) and mine it and put it all in one macro?

if so you could mine say 4 books and each book would have multiple locations in it so you could change defaults?

any thoughts?
I think you can use a stored target for an item in your pack if you define it by putting it on the ground. ie: drop the recall spell into the macro, put the runebook on the floor, stored target > book, put the book back in your pack.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My system... note that this is for targetted mining and ends up working a lot like legacy mining... but better.

1. Shovel/pick in hotbar slot 1, Target: Cursor (sets vein to mine)
2. Built Macro: Prosp Tool Target: Cursor | Target Cursor Last in hotbar slot 2
3. Built Macro: Shovel/Pick Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | Cursor Target Last | Delay 0.4 | Shovel/Pick Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | Cursor Target Last | Delay 0.4 | Shovel/Pick Target: Cursor | Delay 0.4 | Cursor Target Last | Delay 0.4 Repeat set to 10 in hotbar slot 3

For smelting I have a 4 row by 9 box grid for each ore size and color set to the 4 rows of normal keys on the keyboard... here it is from KR, but the layout is the same in the EC. However difference is that the Targets for the Ore are all set to Stored with the Stored property being my fire beetle for quick one-key smelting while I mine.

Just wanted to say...this rocks!

J

Jermosh

Just a note on mining. If you want colored ore, make an Elemental hunter by adding mining to your favorite warrior and use a Gragaxe, just be Leary of damage output since a few of the eles have reflect and you can one shot kill yourself. I get tons of colored ore this way and lots of blackrock. To be honest my ore in need is DC since I use Gargaxe ontop of Prospect.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have Magery on my miner and created an Earth Elem Slayer, Spell Channel Mage Weapon ornate axe that handles most of the elems... Copper and Valorite being the two tough ones (Copper due to Reactive Armor and Valorite, because it's Valorite). If I have my fire beetle guarding me while I garg pick mine, he can usually take the heat off of the copper elems enough to get a needed heal to one or the other of us and not get reflect-killed.