• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] EC lag

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OK the last few days I have been pinging in the EC around 200ms normally I am around 120 in ec and around 100 in cc now in the cc I am still at 100 but ec is way higher than it should be! is anyone else seeing this ?

C

Cloak&Dagger

OK the last few days I have been pinging in the EC around 200ms normally I am around 120 in ec and around 100 in cc now in the cc I am still at 100 but ec is way higher than it should be! is anyone else seeing this ?
I have always gotten better ping using the EC than the CC (and it really should be that way given that the EC theoretically syncs better...) But I have not loaded the CC in....nearly a year. I know doesn't really answer your question, but I found it odd that your normal EC ping is higher than your CC ping when mine is reversed.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I know something has changed sense the last publish not sure if its the way its handling the packets or what

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well i have just changed frm a 2.1duo core computer to a kick ass i7 3.4 (8 processors) with 4gb ram and it kicks ASS no EC lag gone so that proved to me it was my machine that lagged and not internet or server side issues

O

Old Man of UO

Seems the EC does a terrible job of prefetching files it needs, and KR had the same problem. If you have a problem with connections or lag after a game patch, then it's probably fragmented files.

Move all your UOSA files to another hard drive, the defrag and optimize (close up spaces) with a decent defrag program. Then move your files back to your game folder. This puts all the game files together and really speeds things up.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
<---- is going to try that

O

Old Man of UO

By the way - this also got rid of my mysterious crash to desktop. I haven't had any since I did this, before it was pretty regular.