• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC issue with graphics

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea 4th man. I feel for you because I had my own problems with the EC Client last week. I ended up formated my harddrive and reinstalling windows.:(

Are you using Pinco's UI? Have you tried the default UI to see if you get the same effect?

Are your DirectX and video card drivers the most current. Try updating your drivers perhaps if you haven't already.

Could is possibly be a physical problem with your hardware? Video Card overheating...going bad on you?

Take any advice from me with a grain of salt as I'm no expert but I feel your pain.

I can't play in the jurassic 2d client either.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea 4th man. I feel for you because I had my own problems with the EC Client last week. I ended up formated my harddrive and reinstalling windows.:(

Are you using Pinco's UI? Have you tried the default UI to see if you get the same effect?

Are your DirectX and video card drivers the most current. Try updating your drivers perhaps if you haven't already.

Could is possibly be a physical problem with your hardware? Video Card overheating...going bad on you?

Take any advice from me with a grain of salt as I'm no expert but I feel your pain.

I can't play in the jurassic 2d client either.
I'm not using Pinco's and have the default UI set. I haven't gone as far as to check all my software for updates.....as it stands, the Enhanced Client is the only thing on my computer, graphics wise, giving me problems.

I had a problem years ago, and it took me over a month on my own to solve it. If it wasn't for my little guy demanding attention, and all the external housework needing attending to, I could investigate this more.

I appreciate the reply, sincerely do, and the "Jurassic" line actually made me smile! UO is old, and dated, yet, it's also like an old friend.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, maybe I am missing a file, is it possible, can someone, list or place a sceeeny of all the EC files, so I can check?

Surely, someone has a few minutes to throw an old dog a bone.

thnx man.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you boot it up there's an option to force a file check, tick that box. If there's a file missing that will fix it.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I resolved the issue........time is what I needed. Updated my Nvidia drive, and the color is there. Thanks for all the replies though, it helps when there's encouragement!