• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC is less than playable

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Bleak, @Mesanna and @Kyronix ...... Ok I'm done being nice. You have made the EC totally frustrating and nearly unplayable. And I'm tired of waiting! Get it FIXED!

Problem #1 I'm FED UP with my spells being grayed out and unusable everytime some mob casts some spell that seems to block out all mine... such as Mobs in Doom casting and using Spirit Speak! This causes MY SKILL Timer to start!!!!!!!! WTF I didn't cast it!!!!!!!! They did! Now I can't use a skill or anything till the FRELLING timer ends because some mob I'm killing wants to cast Spirit Speak REALLY!! This is making the game 100% unplayable... then after the time is done my spells are STILL gray! I have to litterally open up my damn spellbook and cast the spell from there! Seriously this is pissing me off to no end!

Second problem I'm fed up with.. CAN'T loot a public boss corpse at an EM event! Why!?!?! Because it locks up the damn client for 5 minutes or completely crashes it... This is Entirely UNFAIR to the EC users... there is some seriously awesome loot on these corpses that we are now UNABLE to loot. THANKS for NOTHING. FIX IT!

Third major Problem..... I'm FED UP with having to open my damned bank box twice everytime I go to the damned bank because the first time it opens up it's in ****ING LIST VIEW! WHO The HELL uses LIST View anyway!!!!!!! LIke I want to be limited to seeing only the first 3 items in my ****ing bank box everytime I go there!..... Fix it!

And finally I'm sick and tired of the INSANE amount of lag everytime stuff spawns near me. More than 2 things spawn and the client lags out for upwards of one full minute. God forbid you should try to do things at an EM event and have more than 2 things spawn.... with 40+ people around this means that I'm totally out for getting a drop because by the time my client quits hanging up it's half dead! I'm sick and tired of it and I want these things fixed and addressed sometime before the ****ing end of the year... I think I've waited long enough....

We've already missed out on so much now we are heading into another month and honestly if I have to keep putting up with **** like this I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and leave UO. Not that you'll care... but I'm seriously so done with not being able to freaking play my game the way I ought to be able to. I've asked.. I've sent reports ...... I've kept my beef off the public eye... but I won't be waiting around much longer... and I'm done being NICE about it.

FIX IT! NO ONE should have to play this way..... and I stand by my CHALLENGE to you all to have you play the EC for a month and nothing but the EC. NO 2d client crap for you play the EC as intended and see how long it takes before you are fed up with the way it plays!!!

And if you tell me to go back to the 2d client then I'll shut my accounts right now. I'm not going to relearn the game back in the 2d client...... I've faithfully played the EC for over 5 years now... I'm not about to go back... But this is inexcusable the way the EC is running at present and it needs to be made playable... PERIOD.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC does have loading issues when it comes to loading new mobile objects in game play area as well as loading of corpse\container items.

These issues has always been there, they seem to be worse since the new updates. I recently decided to give UO a try again but am still setting up my new EC UI since the new updates and have already noticed these issues as well. There seems to be a bottle neck somewhere in the programming.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A bit overwrought, but none the less accurate.

Pub 86 for the EC had to have been made using an OLD VERSION OF THE CLIENT, as a vast majority of the bugs reintroduced with the new UI were fixed two years ago. This would be the second time that has occurred.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just a game...relax. Don't give yourself a heart attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's just a game...relax. Don't give yourself a heart attack

Well considering that I can't participate in the Doom event because I can't stay alive having to constantly open my freaking spellbook everytime I want to cast something..... can't loot anything at an EM event.... Have to open my bank 2x everytime I bank.... and generally am having a heck of a time trying to play the game I'm PAYING over 100 dollars a month to play EXCUSE ME for being a bit ticked off that I can't play it and CAN'T participate in the EVENTS of the SEASON.

I will NOT chill it... I want it fixed.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea that's fine..just saying Id hate for a frequent Stratics poster to have a major heart attack..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yea that's fine..just saying Id hate for a frequent Stratics poster to have a major heart attack..

Thank you for your concern my heart is fine... My attitude right now is not because I want to be playing my game and relaxing but I can't do that...

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your concern my heart is fine... My attitude right now is not because I want to be playing my game and relaxing but I can't do that...
Honestly... try the CC if the EC is giving you so many problems....

Also... I don't know why you expect to treated like an adult if you won't act like one. That post was a straight up tantrum... perhaps there is a better approach when speaking to the DEV team?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly... try the CC if the EC is giving you so many problems....

Also... I don't know why you expect to treated like an adult if you won't act like one. That post was a straight up tantrum... perhaps there is a better approach when speaking to the DEV team?
I haven't played the CC in 5 years. Not only would I NOT be able to play it I'd have to spend another month setting up all my macro's all over again... plus the last time I tried playing it on my PC it was sooooo overly laggy that I could only do the 2 step.... which is why I switched to the EC in the first place. My computer HATES the CC and so do I... Besides I"m not paying to use the old client.... I'm paying to play the EC. If I wanted to go back to playing in 2d I"d be doing it Free to play.

And I'm not about to pay for the use of UO Assist.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem #1 I'm FED UP with my spells being grayed out and unusable everytime some mob casts some spell that seems to block out all mine... such as Mobs in Doom casting and using Spirit Speak! This causes MY SKILL Timer to start!!!!!!!! WTF I didn't cast it!!!!!!!! They did! Now I can't use a skill or anything till the FRELLING timer ends because some mob I'm killing wants to cast Spirit Speak REALLY!! This is making the game 100% unplayable... then after the time is done my spells are STILL gray! I have to litterally open up my damn spellbook and cast the spell from there! Seriously this is pissing me off to no end!
I'm still getting this and have to agree its the most frustrating thing about the new EC with the having to open my bank box twice coming a close second. I thought they disabled the greyed out spells? Well not for me. I get this on a daily basis. Most annoying when you can heal / cure for no reason.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I found out how to reproduce this.

If you setup the mouse wheel so mouse up = target next and then mouse down to = target last.

Then head to a dungeon (I used shame) make sure there is some mobs about and then scroll the mouse wheel back and forth the spells will grey out. Even spells like heal and cure that are set to "target self".

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed that if I am say going to heal my dragon and he's poisoned... So I decide NOT to click on him and try to cast Cure instead.... then they are gray for a good 3 or 4 min. Meanwhile my dragon can't be healed... I can't even get the bandage others to work so I can heal my pet with aides... I have to actually CLICK on my bandages... and then the pet...

It's SERIOUSLY irking me... As well everytime some mob uses a skill that has a timer..... MY Timer goes like I cast something... especially Spirit speak which in Doom the Devourer of Souls and the Guardians in the locked room both do frequently.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stopped using the new default UI straight after 3 days. It's a pain with these hotbars and all. They not gonna fix it.

Unfortunately the old UI does not run w/o some changes.

But once it runs, no client lockups, no crashes, no disabled hotbars and working as expected containers.

New UI is a non starter but they don't care anyway.

That item hovering bug not long ago totally showed not even the Dev test the EC.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Stopped using the new default UI straight after 3 days. It's a pain with these hotbars and all. They not gonna fix it.

Unfortunately the old UI does not run w/o some changes.

But once it runs, no client lockups, no crashes, no disabled hotbars and working as expected containers.

New UI is a non starter but they don't care anyway.

That item hovering bug not long ago totally showed not even the Dev test the EC.
Hence my challenging them to use the EC for a month straight..... if they did they would be fixing these bugs right now rather than leaving them. They are in my opinion bad for the game... they need to be fixed .... any new or returning player who tries using the EC in the state that it's in will quickly get frustrated and quit. Not exactly putting the best foot forward if everytime you go to drag something the client crashes, Pulling bars is a nightmare... opening your bank box extremely frustrating, and trying to cast spells in Doom is a joke. Constantly being locked out of casting my macro's is enough to make me so disgusted I want to quit. I want to be able to loot at the EM events too but apparently they only care about 2d players. I tried being nice about this and I tried really hard to get it fixed filing bug reports and PMing the DEV's but they chose to ignore me. So I get ticked and post something and it gets sent to rants... so freaking annoying.

And yet not one DEV will even acknowledge the major game breaking bugs in the EC...