• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC graphics blurry when moving

Gantry

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently got a new computer and been using EC with Pinco's UI. My question is about the graphics. When I move at full speed all the surrounding landscape becomes blurry and was wondering is that normal for some reason? I'm hoping I just don't have something set up properly because it kinda hurts my eyes. If it's just my computer set up I can post in tech support, but wanted some feedback first. Thanks for any info :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are 2 possibilities:
1. you need to update your graphic card drivers
2. you need glasses :D
3. you may also want to try to play with the settings, maybe you can get some improvements...

Gantry

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Pinco. I do feel like I may need glasses sometimes after playing lol. This is a brand new Alienware computer with 2GB GDDR AMD Radeon HD 7870 graphics card so I most likely just need to adjust some settings. I just wanted to make sure blurry background wasnt normal lol. I didn't think it should but you never know. My character is fine it's just everything around him. I will play around and see what happens. Thanks again :)

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
The only thing I could think of right now is probably V-Sync? A moving horizontal line that tears the screen in 2.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently got a new computer and been using EC with Pinco's UI. My question is about the graphics. When I move at full speed all the surrounding landscape becomes blurry and was wondering is that normal for some reason? I'm hoping I just don't have something set up properly because it kinda hurts my eyes. If it's just my computer set up I can post in tech support, but wanted some feedback first. Thanks for any info :)
Gantry, I know exactly what you are talking about. AND!!!!! I may have a solution. At least I think I do. I upgraded, it's been a year ago now, to a fairly nice system. The EC has always been blurry for me when I move. It's....just blurry. It's nothing game breaking or anything, but it's just not good. I figured that was just part of UO with the EC and my system so I would live with it. When I got the new system, same exact thing. I was hoping it would be better, but no, it wasn't. Stand still and everything looks good, start running and it blurs. I've updated everything, (drivers, reinstalled UO, etc.), still the same.

I saw your post awhile ago and actually felt better that someone else said something about this. At least it wasn't just me.

Anyway, today I was messing with a new way to setup my screen and was dinking around in the options and saw a frame rate adjustment for full screen. I've never used full screen, but thought I'd click on the options to see what they were. My full screen options were set to 1024x768 at 30fps. I set them up to 1900x1200 at 60fps and maximized the window to see what full screen was like.

Umm, the blur is gone. I mean it's like old CC UO stable. Not only that, but once I went back to windowed mode, the blur is still gone!

I've tried toggling the FPS rate, res, and going from full screen to windowed about 10 times now. It works the exact same every time. However, whatever is going on, it doesn't apply the FPS rate adjustment until I go to full screen. I make the adjustments, stay in windowed mode and nothing (understandable - since it is a setting for full screen). Change to full screen, adjustments take affect, change back to windowed mode and the adjustments stay.

It's FREAKING AWESOME!

Anyway, I remember that someone else had posted about the exact same thing, so I thought I'd reply.

From the Main Menu, I went to User Settings. Under the Graphics Tab, in the Display section, I set my Fullscreen Resolution and Max Framerate to what I wanted, checked the box for Use Fullscreen and clicked apply.

Good Luck! Hope this works for you as well.