• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC chat gump?

mihali

Sage
Kind of newly back, and trying to use EC, having used CC in the past and so far this time.
I even tried to use Pinko's UI long ago and it is in the system.
So I am trying to use EC now and cannot see the chat messages etc. I tried the little round button from the
player options for chat etc. but no chat messages seen in ATL. I am sure there must be an easy solution
that I cannot see due to the kind of newb status.
Should I delete the whole EC part and reinstall? Thank you in advance.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Kind of newly back, and trying to use EC, having used CC in the past and so far this time.
I even tried to use Pinko's UI long ago and it is in the system.
So I am trying to use EC now and cannot see the chat messages etc. I tried the little round button from the
player options for chat etc. but no chat messages seen in ATL. I am sure there must be an easy solution
that I cannot see due to the kind of newb status.
Should I delete the whole EC part and reinstall? Thank you in advance.
When I installed Pinco's UI and trying to use normal EC, I don't have chat window at all.
Turning Pinco's ON solves it.
To use EC with chat window I need to reinstall EC. Switching interface is bugged.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is the chat color set to black? Cant see black messages.

mihali

Sage
Cannot see any chat window. Will double check color of text for chat and will try to type it in a white/light color background and see.
After deleting and re-installing EC, I still had previous macros on, so I doubt that EC was completely removed. I think I need to find the EC macro folder or character folder and delete that and allow the game to install a blank slate character group and create new macros.
Thanks for trying to help! Appreciated.

Theno

Visitor
Do you see any chat log at all?
Maybe you need to reset your character folder completely. Check your PC for this:
C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\[youruser]\[shard]\[charactername]\​
(replace any driver or folder you have setup with your own setup...? I think there is a difference between 2D and 3D client?)
and rename/reset it to reset it (like MYcharacter.01 instead of Mycharacter)... maybe it works?

mihali

Sage
Fixed : Went to Libraries/Documents/EA Games/Ultima Online Stygian Abyss/ folder and renamed the folder User Data to Nil data to blind the game from it. Then loged on to EC : The game/server created a new User Data folder and logged in as usual. The game made a new clean slate User Data, shows all chats and chat history, chat window and journal as should be. BUT I have to retype the macros that is ok for me. Not the best solution in the world but worked, and will save me hours of pondering about different ways to fix this. However for other people that have created nice macros and complicated macros over the years, may be a terrible way.
Ty for pitching in all help appreciated.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have chat window at all.
Turning Pinco's ON solves it.
To use EC with chat window I need to reinstall EC. Switching interface is bugged.
Pinco replaced the default chat window by his own implementation. I could probably write s small chapter on this piece of crap (the default chat), as I wrote my own chat window back then too. But who cares.

What's more relevant: modders sometimes disable the whole chat window in favor of their own. Here is a script action (those you drag into a hotbar slot) to enable it again:
Code:
script ModuleSetEnabled("UO_ChatWindow", true)
If it is just moved off the screen, there is a button to reset all window positions in the options somewhere iirc.

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
Pinco replaced the default chat window by his own implementation. I could probably write s small chapter on this piece of crap (the default chat), as I wrote my own chat window back then too. But who cares.

What's more relevant: modders sometimes disable the whole chat window in favor of their own. Here is a script action (those you drag into a hotbar slot) to enable it again:
Code:
script ModuleSetEnabled("UO_ChatWindow", true)
If it is just moved off the screen, there is a button to reset all window positions in the options somewhere iirc.
This is good news! Did not know you can do this with hotbars. This would save many hours of trying different things, and not removing all macros etc. Pinko's was installed years ago, and not used, so it removed the chat window, and then pinkos not working due to not being updated. I will try dropping this script in a hotbar and see what happens. I would also assume you can add other scripts this way? Any other useful scripts that can be added this way for EC?
Thank you kindly for sharing this info.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is good news! Did not know you can do this with hotbars. This would save many hours of trying different things, and not removing all macros etc. Pinko's was installed years ago, and not used, so it removed the chat window, and then pinkos not working due to not being updated. I will try dropping this script in a hotbar and see what happens. I would also assume you can add other scripts this way? Any other useful scripts that can be added this way for EC?
Thank you kindly for sharing this info.
You can start here: COMMAND scripts and find a lot of functions here Function Index - Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Client UI Manual. And then there is lots of undocumented stuff that you will have to read the actual ec lua code for yourself.

There are still a couple of people with ec modding experience active on Stratics. So don't hesitate to ask if you have anything specific in mind.

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
I could not find a way to drag and drop the script to a macro. Can you explain a little bit how to do that? Thanks very much. I.e I made macro and hot bar and no way to add anything other than in-game items, spells etc. Thanks..

mihali

Sage
Tried again and nope. No way to drop this script in hot bar or anywhere..
Going back to nuked macro version. Pretty good lesson for me not to use any adds to the uo any version of it.
Ty for trying to help.
Interesting challenge, but lost time trying to make it work. But its ok, all is well.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could not find a way to drag and drop the script to a macro. Can you explain a little bit how to do that? Thanks very much. I.e I made macro and hot bar and no way to add anything other than in-game items, spells etc. Thanks..
The same little icons you drop into a macro, you can also directly drop into a hotbar. They are called "actions". In the "misc" section there is a "command action" iirc.

People coming from the CC often think in "macros", while in the EC you rarely need those at all.

mihali

Sage
The other scripts work. Interestingly, the one that does not work is the :
-- script ModuleSetEnabled("UO_ChatWindow", true). No idea why. Safest will be option to just start from scratch as I planned, meanwhile I learned a lot of possibly useful information, and different modules of UO EC.