• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] ec and ventrillo

L

longshanks

probably has been asked but how can i toggle to speak in vent if its in the backround of the ec?

i keep having to click the vent window than talk. :/

thanks.

Requiem_baja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was having this problem last night but when I ran Vent as an admin it fixed it. This is in windows 7

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you have virus protection, disable User Account Control for any new windows OS. It makes life a lot less hellish. and most everything works. ive been playing final doom for days.

O

Old Man of UO

if you have virus protection, disable User Account Control for any new windows OS. It makes life a lot less hellish. and most everything works. ive been playing final doom for days.
Be careful about any changes to UAC if you have Windows Vista. This can corrupt the user properties (I think that's what it's called). This happened to me and locked all my files and folders. There are posted fixes, but the only way I could get it to work again was to transfer the user account to a new one and delete the old user account. It was a mess.

Better thought - if you have Windows Vista, upgrade.

L

longshanks

I was having this problem last night but when I ran Vent as an admin it fixed it. This is in windows 7
this worked. right clicked the icon and went to properties, selected start as admin and viola.

thank you.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem between Vent and the EC appears to be the patcher.

If you skip it entirely and just run UOSA.exe from the install directory Vent works just fine without any tweaking.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem with teamspeak and it took me days to figure out, that both programs need to run as administrator. Then everythings is gumdrops and videogames :)