• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Easy and ubber medable luck suit for tamer ......... with BLACKSMITHING

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, i tried to make an ubber medable luck suit for tamer but using as less runics as i could and trying to make it as cheap as posible (in crafting i mean, the artifacts are expensive hehe).
I just needed one evening to make it all, and was really easy to make.
I used 2x bronze runics (for weapon), 8x copper runics, 1x whetstone, several pofs (cant remember exactly how many) and 6x reforged tool charges.
As you can see, i used metal pieces, but i paid for mage armor on each one, so each piece have only 4 mods + mage armor.

Here are the mods :

85/70/70/70/75 (really them are 86/71/70/76/79)
10 DCI
15 SDI
40 LMC

69 MI
14 MR
100 LRC
2180 LUCK

Here are the stats (with a +25 scroll) :

LIFE : 110
STAM : 12
MANA : 193

Here are the pieces (remember that gold adds 2/2/3/0/3 to resists) :

HEAD : circlet --> 7/22/12/8/9 - 190 luck - 8 lmc - 7 mi - 1 mr
GORGET : leurocian --> 15/10/10/10/15 - 300 luck - 1 mr - mage armor
TUNIC : chainmail tunic --> 14/8/22/6/10 - 190 luck - 8 mi - 20 lrc - mage armor
LEGS : chainmail legs --> 11/11/9/8/17 - 190 luck - 8 mi - 20 lrc - mage armor
GLOVES : ringmail gloves --> 11/9/8/20/10 - 190 luck - 8 lmc - 2 mr - mage armor
SLEEVES : ringmail sleeves --> 10/8/6/9/12 - 190 luck - 2 mr - 8 mi - 20 lrc - mage armor
RING : compassion eye --> 15 sdi - 250 luck - 2 mr - 20 int - 20 lrc
BRACELET : dark saphire brac --> 100 luck - 6 lmc - 2 mr - 8 int - 20 lrc
SHIELD : metal shield --> (BRITTLE) 2/3/3/0/3 - 190 luck - 4 lmc - Spell Channeling
WEAPON : 170 luck - 4 lmc - 15 physical resist - 15 poison resist - Spell Channeling
ROBE : conjurer garb --> 140 luck - 2 mr - 5 dci
TRINKET : totem of the void --> 10 lmc
SKIRT : tangle --> 2 mr - 10 mi - 5 dci
FOOT : soles --> 80 luck

About the weapon, i prefer to sacrifice 20 luck for having 4 lmc and i remove the DI with the whetstone.
The ringmail armor have a 20 poison resist cap in imbuing.
The circlet have a 20 fire resist cap in imbuing and is medable.
The chainmail armor have a 19 cold resist cap in imbuing.
I didnt used reforged tool on the shield, only enhanced in the hard way because is really easy to craft,
making it brittle, because if you dont have parry, you wont ever lose durability on the shield.
I added 15 physical and 15 poison to the weapon, because gold dont add poison resist and to nulify
the -15 physical from protection spell.

I posted all the process, because you DONT HAVE TO spend millions on horned runics for making a luck tamer suit.

What´s your opinion?

PD : I even have another set of crafted pieces to make another suit with full resists, that i didnt used in this suit, and were made while i was searching for the resists i needed hehe, so you can see how easy is to craft it.

Last edited:

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres still room for some different mods like :
3 FCR on brac instead of 2mr and some int
can use an etoile set but adding lrc and lmc to the sleeves
Sash and cloak are free so you can use LT sash and a rejuvenation cloak and can play with the mods....
Use a 150 luck shame brac...

Theres still a lots of variations avaible......

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont even use a forged tool to enhance metal. i find with a plus 60 hammer, theres about a 50 50 chance to break it. if your talking about costs, it sometimes can be worth it depending on what your enhancing.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, the piece you need to enhace can worth some millions to do it only in mats, and each charge of a forged tool cost around 2,5-3m each (25m -30m a 10 charges tool), so if you even only break 1 piece of armor, its way cheaper to use a forged tool from the start.
And when you have more mods at a piece, more probably you will break it, so a full piece with 5 mods will break almost for sure hehe.

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what he did is make the shield, reforge for 150 luck, enhance and then (if successful) imbue after pof.
You have a real high % to break the enhance (84% with a +60 Hammer and a +30 talisman) but you only spent some golden ingots and 2-3 charge of a runic tool (if you choose brittle, you're almost guaranteed the 150 luck).

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
skaven you are right, thats exactly what i did, because it doesnt matter if its brittle or not for a tamer, it wont lose durability ^^.

Last edited:

hiei5

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How did you roll the 150 luck shield with 4 LMC? I've been testing with a Copper runic using Powerful/Structural and Fortune/Wizardry and the best I've been able to get is a bunch of 140 luck/4 LMC. Am I doing this right?

hiei5

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I selected Structural, so it was brittle. I guess I just got unlucky on the rolls.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok my fault , have checked again the circlet and is --> 190 luck + 8 lmc + 21 FR + 1 MR + 7 MI

PD : have changed the OP already now.

Last edited:

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, i tried to make an ubber medable luck suit for tamer but using as less runics as i could and trying to make it as cheap as posible (in crafting i mean, the artifacts are expensive hehe).

SHIELD : metal shield --> (BRITTLE) 2/3/3/0/3 - 190 luck - 4 lmc - Spell Channeling

I didnt used reforged tool on the shield, only enhanced in the hard way because is really easy to craft,
making it brittle, because if you dont have parry, you wont ever lose durability on the shield.

I never knew this about shields not losing DUR if you do not have Parry skill - thanks!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yep shields dont lose durability if you have no parry my mages shields are all still at max and have been for years

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since using metal armor it is necessary to spend the 5th property for the Mage Armor, if I wanted to make that High Luck and High Meditation/Mana Tamer's suit with leather (enhanced with spined for Luck....) how should one need to proceed ?

I understand that you choose metal to cut on costs, but if one wanted to go with leather anyways, what leather runics would be needed ? Barbed, Horned or Spined ?
Also, did anyone make a rough estimate of how many kits could on average be needed for such a suit ? That is, what a a leather version of this suit could cost more as compared to a metal version ?

Also, being no longer necessary to spend the 5th property on Mage Armor since one would be using medable materials, what could this 5th property be spent on, instead, that would be usefull for a Tamer Mage having to cast Greater Heals from a distance a go-go to keep one's own pet alive (in case of Monsters with a damaging aura which prevents the use of close-by Veterinary...) ?

By the way, for ring and bracelet, I was thinking on using the Clean Up Etoile and Novo Bleue set for the 400 Luck bonus they give, but the Compassion's Eye also is a very nice ring with the properties it offers.... Which would be the best choice then ?

Also, for the Chest you use a crafted piece coming with 190 Luck rather then the Armor of fortune that has 200 Luck.... Sure, the resistances of the Armor of Fortune suck BUT, the 40% LRC and 15% DCI it comes with, perhaps can help make room for better resistances on other pieces ?
Bottom line is, is it better to go with a crafted Luck piece rather then the Armor of Fortune even if this means loosing 10 luck points ?

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
@popps the answer to your question on what runic is needed to make 150 luck on a leather piece can be found here:
http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging/semmersets-re-forging-charts

As for number of kits needed, I would guess 1 kit per piece if you're willing to go the Brittle or Cannot Repair route to get your 150 luck. If you want the piece "clean" then you're likely going to have to go ahead and choose 2 titles, and then you'll maybe get some 150 luck + some mod you don't even want, and since those kits have fewer charges, I'd guess 4 kits per piece. Hard to say though, as the RNG will play a huge role here, and there's probably not enough people who've tried it, and kept track to form a statistically significant sample size.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps the answer to your question on what runic is needed to make 150 luck on a leather piece can be found here:
http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties/runic-re-forging/semmersets-re-forging-charts

As for number of kits needed, I would guess 1 kit per piece if you're willing to go the Brittle or Cannot Repair route to get your 150 luck. If you want the piece "clean" then you're likely going to have to go ahead and choose 2 titles, and then you'll maybe get some 150 luck + some mod you don't even want, and since those kits have fewer charges, I'd guess 4 kits per piece. Hard to say though, as the RNG will play a huge role here, and there's probably not enough people who've tried it, and kept track to form a statistically significant sample size.

Thank you.

Considering the type of use of the suit (for a Tamer Mage), going the Brittle or Cannot Repair route (which would be preferable ? Think cannot repair has 150 durability tops but brittle can break all of a sudden anytime....) makes sense the saving up of 3 runic sewing kits per piece ?

What I am trying to say, is that if a "clean" piece might take on average 4 kits while Brittle or Cannot Repair would take only 1 kit for the same exact properties suit, then basically with the Brittle or Cannot Repair one can make 4 times that suit with the same amount of kits which would take the "clean way" to make it once....

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It's more than that, because to get a clean piece you'll need horned kits, but if you're willing to go the brittle/cannot way, you use spined kits, which are a bit easier to come by. I personally find Horned kits more painful to get than barbed, since you barbed you can just bribe all the way up, but horned you need to land in the middle properly.

Also, I do not think brittle even can simply shatter, I think it just means that you can't POF it. As for which is better... well I guess that depends on how often you plan on getting hit. If you repair your brittle stuff well before it gets to 0/xx you might be able to keep it around for quite a good while. If you plan to only rarely be taking any damage yourself, well then cannot repair might be quite OK.