• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Easter grief on Legends

Miretar

Journeyman
I noticed this yesterday and again today—someone obviously thinks it’s cute to kill the colored bunnies so that others cannot tame them. What a spiteful, petty thing to do. Shame on you.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same on Pac
But I think people are just trying to get the rare colors to spawn and killing every rabbit

Miretar

Journeyman
The dead bunny this morning was blue & the dead bunnies yesterday were pinky purple; so someone does not believe in sharing.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Still wish they had made the rabbit a statuette . Or at least the option for statue or live pet

Would have made a nice lockdown , I have no use for it taking up space in my pet stables .

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Most people I've seen are asking if anyone wants them in chat if not they kill them or release them in Luna and usually I only see the more common blue, yellow, and purple ones being killed off those spawn pretty regularly. Now if it's the uber rare or white/pink ones and they are killing those off then that is pretty rude.

Also they could be using a Totem which cost them real money so if they are killing off the colored ones during the short 20 minutes they have I don't blame them cause taking them to town and or taming them takes time off the cycle of clearing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I'm using a Totem... figure they are on my dime... but I was taming a blue and a red/orange and Pink one and asked anyone running past if they wanted one... no one answered... killed them as I have plenty...

Now have 3 of the green/black 0 of the red black... still trying. 1 white.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't tame rabbits around anyone else... leads to less conflict that way. But if you should happen to pass me taming, you will see anything below a white rabbit dead. Given how hard people have been hitting the totems and taming in general anything less is just taking up space in the stable.

Are people really that entitled where they think someone using a totem or working a rabbit spawning spot should be leaving color rabbits for them to stumble across?

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't tame rabbits around anyone else... leads to less conflict that way. But if you should happen to pass me taming, you will see anything below a white rabbit dead. Given how hard people have been hitting the totems and taming in general anything less is just taking up space in the stable.

Are people really that entitled where they think someone using a totem or working a rabbit spawning spot should be leaving color rabbits for them to stumble across?

Yeah if I see someone working a spot I usually leave, I wouldn't want others to try and take a rare that I worked hard to spawn all day on their chance of just "happening by" so I wouldn't do that to someone else... now if the person leaves the spot and is no where in site then that's on them and it's free game lol

Unless it's Atlantic or a more populated shard it's pretty rare there isn't other rabbit spots for everyone to be taming alone.

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You want to talk about TRUE rudeness I just had someone come to the spot I was working on all day and drop energy vortex and run off and had a colored bunny die, thankfully it wasn't a rare color and thankfully not while I was using a Totem.

Last edited:

Miretar

Journeyman
I’m hunting eggs, not bunnies, but the hunters have been rude in their own silent way. One person threw a lightning bolt at the rabbit directly at my feet. I also suspect that some hunters are using exploits; on several occasions they’ve recalled in and started killing things so quickly that there literally would not have been time to look at the screen and see where the targets are; they just ,show up & start killing things.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not everyone is good. It's what happens when you play with other people. Personally, I would use a stealth archer for this. And make sure you whine and cry about it a bunch in game, it makes awesome screenshots.

Edit: Also, if you are doing this, please DM me screenshots of people complaining about you in game.

ToadFrog

Visitor
UNLEASHED
I felt a little bad the first yellow and pink bunnies I killed, but I have seen so many of them now it's ridiculous.

I did get PKed in fel collecting eggs, but that was kind of hilarious and that's what you get for risking it over there.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I felt a little bad the first yellow and pink bunnies I killed, but I have seen so many of them now it's ridiculous.

I did get PKed in fel collecting eggs, but that was kind of hilarious and that's what you get for risking it over there.
Funny because I was initially going to steal eggs from trammies as they came to Fel but my fun was quickly dashed when most people smartened up and insured them.

While trying to steal something from someone a red popped out and attacked me... well how dare they attack a fellow scoundrel! There was only one solution here and that was to grab my dusty old battle mage. I went back and made short work of them and my reward was 2 eggs they had collected and didn't insure.

So for the past few days I've been going to Fel egg spots on my battle mage fighting reds which is great because the caliber of player that are sitting waiting for trammies is below average so even a retired PvPer like me is getting many kills. I'm even killing them when I'm outnumbered which is even more hilarious. It beats sitting around waiting for someone to recall in too because usually as soon as I show up I'm being attacked so I know pretty quick if there is someone there to fight or not.

The only downside to all of this is probably that @Stinky Pete is probably disappointed I am fighting for "good" :sad2:

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sadly this is nothing new from UO players. It doubt it would solve the issue if folks stopped rewarding the perpetrators in various ways (not referring to complaining here, by the way, which is at least understandable), but I suspect it'd help.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes theirs more rare. What do except from ppl?
nope.. I tame them, offer them for free.. if nobody wants them I releas them and kill em, cuz I have 5 blues, 5 pinks and 7 yelows.. all to give away if anyone wants them, but I WANT MY GREEN, so it's done to cull the spawn, I earthquake it all if no takers, just to respawn..

I'd suggest reviewing your perspective on humanity

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I regularly kill yellow, purple, and blue. Honestly they are super easy to get. Hot pink I will tame and release in Luna.

I wouldn’t kill anything someone was actively attempting to tame, but don’t see killing them as any different than a copper cu.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I purchased one of those coloured pet totems late last night when I got home from work.
went and found a nice rabbit spot and set up camp.
used 1 totem and in that 20 minutes, I had put 24 coloured rabbits in the stable.
they were yellow, pink and blue in equal amounts.
I then used my 2nd totem and got a green.
and I did not count but I was killing off all the yellow, pink and blue since I already had 24 of them but id imagine there was a solid 20-30 dead ones there.
so while it looks mean they are taking up valuable totem spawning time and must die for the greater good.
the greater good is me getting a white or orange bunny.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
nope.. I tame them, offer them for free.. if nobody wants them I releas them and kill em, cuz I have 5 blues, 5 pinks and 7 yelows.. all to give away if anyone wants them, but I WANT MY GREEN, so it's done to cull the spawn, I earthquake it all if no takers, just to respawn..

I'd suggest reviewing your perspective on humanity
My bad what do expect from people other then Saint Elmer Fudd here...