• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Early Buy Bonus What do you think about it?

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i wondered what people's thought where on a "Early Buy Bonus" For the SA Expansion when it comes out... If they plan to do one.
Also wondered what folks thought of the old ones we had before...

Will you Do it?
Or Will you Not Do it?

Thoughts?

PS So far all the Early Buy bonus items that where suposed to be for early buyers are now available via a token...

Disscus....

C

Connor_Graham

I always pre-order because UO boxes don't stay on the shelf long in the Dallas area.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I always pre-order because UO boxes don't stay on the shelf long in the Dallas area.
Like the other early buy bonus that just come in token form a year later.

Oh wait how about slot number 8 for a characture.

Or another 10% expanision in lock downs.

Depends on what it is.
Id rather have a cloth map.
Or a cool mug.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, next to my UO Pin and My Cloth maps the most fav thing i have is a twin set of Blackthorn Betrayer Toys...

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another round of personal bless deeds would be cool with me.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AGREED!!!
i do like early buyer bonuses. i think they're fun. it doesn't make me cranky if they later release them to everyone, because if i had a young account i'd be cranky if they didn't. i would love to see more blue soulstone tokens, or personal bless deeds, or better yet a "vet reward token" good for a bonus pick of the new rewards. that'd be cool.

ps - JoO your avatar pick gives me involuntary full-body shudders. just had another one dammit! that's just WRONG.

C

Connor_Graham

You all do know that the 7th character slot and the additional 20% storage increase are what's going to be the bonus for buying SA right? They already told us that these were intended to come with SA and only released them for sale because SA was delayed. Of course now they're also talkng about a cloth map, but anything above the character slot and storage are just a bonus.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all do know that the 7th character slot and the additional 20% storage increase are what's going to be the bonus for buying SA right? They already told us that these were intended to come with SA and only released them for sale because SA was delayed. Of course now they're also talkng about a cloth map, but anything above the character slot and storage are just a bonus.
but Connor, since they did release them early due to SA being delayed, do you think they'll still keep those as the early buyer bonus when SA is finally released? that would really suck :( i would hope they'd scratch that idea and do something different since they already decided to make those available for purchase. it would make sense i guess if they released the 7th slot and the storage upgrade as part of the SA expansion, but not as the early buyer bonus ... *hopes*

G

Gwendar-SP

but Connor, since they did release them early due to SA being delayed, do you think they'll still keep those as the early buyer bonus when SA is finally released? that would really suck :( i would hope they'd scratch that idea and do something different since they already decided to make those available for purchase. it would make sense i guess if they released the 7th slot and the storage upgrade as part of the SA expansion, but not as the early buyer bonus ... *hopes*

Sure would since I've already bought the extra storage on several accounts.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I generally pre-order regardless of any bonus. Usually this is because I live in a somewhat rural area, and it would be very strange for my local gamestop to get more than 5 copies of any game (with very few exceptions).

Not that I have ever missed out on any of the pre-order gifts for expansions I bought anyway. When I got AOS the store was mobbed because of the release of some other big game that same day. I had to wait in line for 45 minutes to get my 2 copies of AOS. When I got up to pay the guy working the counter gave me the 2 stickers for my Shroud of Shadows codes (1 for each box) plus an extra one for each box for the long wait. So I pre-ordered 2 copies of the game, and got 4 of the bonus gift.

E

Eslake

A Dueling Stone would be a nice early-buyer gift. ;)

I'd buy 10.

I'd settle for tokens to yellow-named housepets tho.

C

Connor_Graham

but Connor, since they did release them early due to SA being delayed, do you think they'll still keep those as the early buyer bonus when SA is finally released? that would really suck
What would suck is if they didn't come with SA at all. They've already told us they were, and based on that, I haven't bought either, preferring to wait until I get it as part of the expansion. Now whether or not they're still considered to be pre-order bonuses or not is up to them, but they'd damn well better be part of the expansion in one way or another.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever they decide to do for an early buy bonus is cool as long as it does not get all FUBAR'd like the soul stones and handing pads of codes out to every store and the store emplyees either hording them for themselves or giving whole pads of codes to a single person.

L

love2winalot

Hail: Since the new area will have housing, there will be a lot of Pre Orders just for that reason only. The bad part is that some people that pre order will not, and have not in the past, actually get their order first. Remember how many Pre-ordered when Malas was created, and did not get their CD until days later?

I think it needs a lot of stuff, like the 8th age box had. Current players will buy it no matter what. But to get new players, you need more than just, "Hey you can be a newbie Gargoyle in an 11 year old game".

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too. I have created 2 more characters on my account since the PBD's were given out. I would love for them to have a deed. Same thing goes for my 2nd account.