• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EALand log-in icons

M

Meggers

I noticed that we now have 6 sims to an account in TC3. When I use my old log-in icon I only get 4 sims but I can run more than 1 instance at a time. With the new icons I can see the 6 slots but can only run 1 instance. Has anyone figured a way to run 2 or more and be able to use all 6 slots?

G

it sounds like you now have the ealand setup which by default installs to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand" you would need to create shortcut from the tsoclient from within the directories there and use it to run multiple screens again.

M

Meggers

I tried that. I can use the main log-in and get the 6 slots to show but the shortcut only shows 4 plus my BF and AV slots.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Meggers is correct. It is impossible to play your 5th or 6th slot while logging in using a shortcut to tsoclient.exe. It is also impossible to run more than one instance of tso.exe. Therefore it is impossible to play your 5th slot sim on two different accounts at the same time.
5th and 6th sim slots can only be played one at a time using the shortcut to tso.exe.

You can login that 5th sim on one account using tso.exe and still have the option to play the first 4 sims of any other account using tsoclient.exe.

I am always having to juggle logins to get to those last two sims.

This is because EA has never supported the use of tsoclient.exe to login second accounts at the same time and no updates have been made to this login system. While it is not against the rules to play two accounts at one time, EA does not support it.

M

Meggers

This is because EA has never supported the use of tsoclient.exe to login second accounts at the same time and no updates have been made to this login system. While it is not against the rules to play two accounts at one time, EA does not support it.
----------------------------------------

They better start supporting it. Way too many of us have multiple accounts. If I can only play 1 at a time, why should I bother to pay for more than 1?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I don't expect they will support this system. But I do know they have plans to allows us play more than one sim at a time. I've heard this mentioned several tims in the pub. Not exactly sure what they mean by that or how they will accomplish it.

For now, all we can do is play with what we have and hope the future brings us a better system.

N

NightFlyer

Or choose to vote with our wallets as Lee Fancey, himself, had suggested.

This suggestion is looking better and better all the time with the attitude I see from the devs and company lately.

K

Keep It Real

I think the game is being aimed at NEW players, not so much the older ones. It's just business and I think they know they will lose some of the old ones along the way to EA Land or shortly thereafter. Long term it looks like they are betting on the new players to take the place of the old ones lost and attracting more by the new players telling friends about it.

M

Meggers

I think the game is being aimed at NEW players, not so much the older ones. It's just business and I think they know they will lose some of the old ones along the way to EA Land or shortly thereafter. Long term it looks like they are betting on the new players to take the place of the old ones lost and attracting more by the new players telling friends about it.
------------------------------------------------

LMAO I wouldn't even recommend this game to my worst enemy. I am fixing to vote with my wallet too. This game sucks out loud anymore.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

------------------------------------------------

LMAO I wouldn't even recommend this game to my worst enemy. I am fixing to vote with my wallet too. This game sucks out loud anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I have your stuff, lol, kidding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
There is some merit to this, as there are far more potential (new) players than older ones. Plus - recent decisions seem to support it, if not confirm it.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Yep, I have sensed a bit of ignoring towards my old sims. Thats ok though. Many on top of many of us old simmies are still around and over the past 5 years and 5 accounts between my husband and myself (ill let Ronin do the math ) lol Ronin ..jk.. we have paid ea lots of money. I can't say i've regretted a minute of it until just recently. I stopped by the pub to ask a question and got a short quick and not even to the point answer by Parizad. Heck , i'm not going to threaten to close my accts., but if things don't get better i'm going to be saying buh bye to all my old and new friends. I do have to say that Lee has been real considerate and has tried to help out with the bugs in the game on my part but I wouldn't give ya 2 cents for those other Dev's.