• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EALand Etiquette

• Thread starter imported_Spacey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Spacey

While wandering around EALand, bouncing house to house and jamming my way to riches (yeah right)... I've wondered... what is expected of us as guests. I pick up after myself, unless my bladder is about to release strange blue liquid all over the place. If my plate is still there, of course I go back and clean up. With tips, I try to split between roomies or at least the ones cooking (those spending $ on myself and guests). But I've often wondered since so many of us are poor... what is the appropriate amount for a tip, at least for now.

What have you guys been leaving as a tip? Do you shell out the big bucks, or are you conservative for now? What do you think is the appropriate amount per sim or house.

G

lol! I pick up my plate regardless of my bladder state. If I happen to have an "accident" while taking care of my dishes, I simply mop up the mess and head for the nearest shower. It's pretty amusing watching it happen to people, as long as they clean up after themselves.

G

I'm the first one to pick up after myself. But I would say that there is no right or wrong answer. It's obviously what you feel. I can't give very much no one would blame it would be the thought that counted.

S

Serene

I am stuck in a cycle - I make some money and then leave it for tips when I visit a money house or skills house (wont get rich that way lol). If I dont have any money, then I clean the bathrooms. I definitely pick up behind myself, just something that I do.

A

Aelisa

If there is only one roomie I tip $10 each time I eat. If there's two roomies it's $5 each, each time. If it's three roomies then $3 each, each time. Four roomies? Then I get pretty cheap

If there's a maid around I don't pick up my plate or make the bed. If there's no maid on duty then I clean up after myself.

I also like to serenade the hosts each time I green to help them out a little.

I think it's good to support the efforts of those who provide a place for us to skill, make money, or whatever.

S

Sims2

i always clean up my plates also no matter what. i guess sometimes not sure if we should clean showers and stuff from time to time just bring this up beacuse i as attacked at a house by a non roomie who just had to clean that shower and she got nasty i will not pu ther name on here i was busy with a im at the time i was standing in front of shower while sending a reply to my friend. she just had to get to the shower and clean that and the puddle left on floor which i would of cleaned myself. for tips i did not know what to give so i figure it on how long i been at the place if a long time i would leave 50 to 100 because i know it can get expesive feeding all those sims with the increase now in house of how many sims can be there(not bragging) just saying what i give.

P

Paula777

I usually split 100 simoleans between online-roomies... unless I'm completely broke..

G

If its a money house, I usually try to make at least one or two more jams, stories or paintings before I leave and donate that amount to the house.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

If there is only one roomie I tip $10 each time I eat. If there's two roomies it's $5 each, each time. If it's three roomies then $3 each, each time. Four roomies? Then I get pretty cheap

If there's a maid around I don't pick up my plate or make the bed. If there's no maid on duty then I clean up after myself.

I also like to serenade the hosts each time I green to help them out a little.

I think it's good to support the efforts of those who provide a place for us to skill, make money, or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your post. I serenade the host and hostesses as well and clean up after myself and anyone who doesnt. I hosted over the years and I know these little things help alot. As far as tipping, It depends on how long i'm at the house. If it's a money lot&lt; i will tip anywheres between 20-50$. If it is a skill house I tip 20 to each roomie (usually there's 2) and if theres several roomies on property, I tip 20 to the one who cooks the most and 10 to the others. I hope that's sufficient and if it's not please let me know.

G

During original beta, it was a rule of thumb to tip at least on single money object payout....but that was when a skilled person could get §300+ per sell.

I still tend to tip a couple of object payouts at a money house, plus §10 per each meal I have eaten there. I try to tip the roomie who is there, but if I can not find their jar, I look for the lot owners and tip them (on the theory that they spent the most to build the place)I don't have serenade, but I do have mech, so I will also repair small items, when I find them.

On a non-skill/money lot, I try when possible, to tip §100, because they get a lot fewer visitors.

When money is tight, I will clean the house and water the plants...or I will come back and tip after a job shift.

M

MandiK

I try to tip whatever my meals have cts them, and then a little bit extra. I dont have much at all, but I always pay for the food I eat at least.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I never tip less than 25 simoleans and often tip between 50 and 100 at skill houses when I've spent alot of time there. I tip extra so that I don't have to feel guilty about leaving my dirty plates

M

mameloot

It depends on how long I'm at the lot, how much I ate &amp; how much serenading was going on.
In general, I tip $15. If I'm there for a long time, I try to give it to every roomie that serenaded me regularly.

I also serenade not only the host, but try to do one or two rounds to the guests. I let the roomie know who I'm covering to give them a break, otherwise they'll still think they have to complete the rotation.
With high volume skill houses, serenading is a full time job...and you still don't keep everyone green. In a full house (30 people) it takes me up to an hour real time to give everyone 3 serenades...Yes AN HOUR REAL TIME Remember this the next time you start whining about not getting enough from the host.
It takes far less than a minute to jump into bed to green up. Then give someone a few interactions to green your soc. It takes the host longer than this to do the greening for you. Stop whining and take responsibility for greening yourself. Serenades are just icing.

Many roomies I've seen don't have much skill in their lot target because they never get to skill themselves (if they're diligent serenaders.)
I'm assuming the same is true for a busy money lot. If they're serenading, they're not using the money objects. I've heard that there are no longer payouts for guest visitation. If this is true, they're not getting money from the game just because you visit either...it's all about the tips now.

Also, remember, it's not the roomie making the food who paid for it. It's the person who stocked the fridge. That gets difficult to know who to pay back for food. That's why I base tip off of serenades. Sometimes nice roomies will let you know who to tip for food...I like that.

mame

I

imported_Mavric

I've been tipping enough to cover the food my sim eats and I've also been handing out fully stocked refrigerators. I have so much crap in my inventory.

Mavric

G

<blockquote><hr>

I never tip less than 25 simoleans and often tip between 50 and 100 at skill houses when I've spent alot of time there. I tip extra so that I don't have to feel guilty about leaving my dirty plates

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm.... how interesting.
I don't tip at all if I get stuck picking up a bunch of other player's plates. So be sure to leave enuff for both of us.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've been tipping enough to cover the food my sim eats and I've also been handing out fully stocked refrigerators. I have so much crap in my inventory.

Mavric

[/ QUOTE ]
Woof! I'd like to see the tip jar that would fit into!

G

*TTL*

I am one of the few it seems that still tips based on service, both in RL and in-game, with the exception being that in RL at a restaurant I'd tip 15% of the bill, plus extra for good service....but in TSO I try to keep up with how much I've eaten, and at least tip $5 per plate, plus extras if the roomies do what is considered above and beyond these days but used to be basic...stuff like serenading, keeping conversation going, running trivia or any other type game, that kind of thing.

If the roomies are habitually afk coming back only to cook when 10 sims are screaming that they are hungry, then they only get the base 50% of the cost of food, or if they are rude when nicely phrased requests are made of guests, they might not even get that....if they can't be bothered to be polite then the reward for that is that they can pay for the food their gosh darned selves, IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In a full house (30 people) it takes me up to an hour real time to give everyone 3 serenades...Yes AN HOUR REAL TIME Remember this the next time you start whining about not getting enough from the host.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but either this is a big exaggeration or your connection speed is very slow. I'm on high speed dial up and do do what you are saying does not take that long for me, probably not even half that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry, but either this is a big exaggeration or your connection speed is very slow. I'm on high speed dial up and do do what you are saying does not take that long for me, probably not even half that.

[/ QUOTE ]Indeed... If the average serenade takes six seconds, three of them in succession taking 18 seconds... Times 30 people, means the actual act of giving everyone three serenades takes 540 seconds, or nine minutes. Add in up to ten seconds transit time between sims (I'm being generous), that's an additional 290 seconds, or just under five minutes... This gives a grand total of 14 minutes to serenade 30 sims three times in succession.

However, back to the whole point of this thread: That does not give guests the right to be rude or demanding. It is entirely the host's prerogative whether or not he or she wants to serenade the guests or point them to the bedchamber.

G

I tip around 30-100 depending on how long i am at a property. I have fixed things in the past and spent several hundred on it. It all depends. And i have my favorites too and i usually tip them more, of course they are usually the ones with the best service. About the serenade thing that everyone has gotten so used to. Im surprised the owners even have the time to get their serenade skill up from serenading everyone, cooking, and cleaning if they dont have a maid. One of the benefits of having a skill house is being able to run you house and skill at the same time. However if ur running around serenading every five minutes (or ten) how do you have time to skill yourself?

G

<blockquote><hr>

One of the benefits of having a skill house is being able to run you house and skill at the same time. However if ur running around serenading every five minutes (or ten) how do you have time to skill yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

For me as an owner and my roomies this has never been true, but I never make people host for 8-12 hours at a time, if they do so that is their choice, however time spent hosting is not meant to be skilling time, for me or them....if they get some skilling in, that's a bonus. This is *why* I usually only ask that roomies host 3-4 hours a day, so that they have the rest of a day to skill or make money as they wish, whether its at the house we own or at some other house, so that is how they have time to get serenade, though as things get more developed I would require that sims asking to be roomies already have the 8 in creativity to serenade....whether they lock it or not would of course be their choice.