• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EALand (Beta)

G

gamdaaf

After many years of testing programs and being involved with beta testing I beleive that this is the first time I have ever seen a production program superceded by a Beta Test before it came out of Beta. Please explain.

G

<font color="purple">Sits back and waits for an entertaining explanation. </font>

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

After many years of testing programs and being involved with beta testing I beleive that this is the first time I have ever seen a production program superceded by a Beta Test before it came out of Beta. Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch, that hurt my brain

G

gamdaaf

A beta test program is one that is in testiing stage not ready for production. Typically they are free to the testers. When a program comes out of beta it is considered ready for production and sale.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather simple really, the games programming language changed and they're updating it some 5 years later with much better 3d graphics (ala sims 2 style) adding much more content (custom content) etc. Revamping alot of the game, changing alot of the code so yeah pretty much a 2nd beta because the game play style is definitly changing too because of the new type of economy.

People call it a *beta*, but is it really? Not necessarily, it's just receiving many more updats and upgrdes then it had previously. *Beta* is just a term some payers are tagging it with is all.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

*Beta* is just a term some payers are tagging it with is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It says "EA Land (Beta)" on my login screen.

G

gamdaaf

I referrence you to the signin page. when you select EALand it is titled EALAND (Beta)

G

SOP (Standard Operating Proceedure) has little to nothing to do with this game. From the moment Luc stepped on the scene, we have been operating outside the game world box.

My best advise is to learn to live with it or go play more conventional games.

G

Sorry, but nowhere on any of my signin or login screens, splash screens does it say anything about beta.

ok nm i did find it in 1 place afterall, i stand corrected.

G

<blockquote><hr>

SOP (Standard Operating Proceedure) has little to nothing to do with this game. From the moment Luc stepped on the scene, we have been operating outside the game world box.

My best advise is to learn to live with it or go play more conventional games.

[/ QUOTE ]