• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EAL went down 24hrs Ago! U know how much can be done in 24hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JustinKase

EAL went down just over 24 hrs ago, got me thinking, they cant clear this up in 25hrs time? u know how much shhh i could get done in that time. Here lets just start with this.
Mapquest says i can drive from
Tallahassee, FL 32305-7016
to
Bay Shore, NY 11706-7917
in
Total Estimated Time: 18.0 hours 17 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 1157.14 miles

OM MF G are u serious, i coulda drove to my cousin's house from FL to NY and still had 6+ hrs left till EAL came back up. WTF is taking them so long? This is BS. and to think they gave us a warning b4 city went down, wonder how many exploiters went on a 15 min shoppin spree knowing there money could poof b4 they return, how much worse did that make everything. Just baffels me how in 25hrs time this still hasent been resolved yet.

G

From everything I have read, the bug has been fixed. What the dev team is working on is removing the objects/money made from the bug. They have to go over loads of logs to find who did what and when. Even if people jumped in at the 15 minute warning and bought stuff, that stuff is going to be taken away. This is not just about the money. They are going to come down hard on those who did this.

G

And ya think whining about it will get it done quicker. Be thankful they are getting the bugs fixed.. Play in the test center. Give them a break....

G

Not blaming anyone...I just hope in the future precautionary measures become much more of a priority.

G

Yes... ever watched the show 24? They stretch 24 hours into weeks. And like... a lot happens.

J

jwilso3340

I did go to the Test Center. I skilled some Charisma and went to a waitress job. I worked with two guys who either refused to talk to me or did not speak my language. Not worth it. I can't do what I want to do there.

That said, I keep thinking...we're a lot closer to being open than we were yesterday at this time!

G

My god. Are you suggesting the dev team has been captured by terrorists????? And they are being forced to design crappy games???? What kind of hell is this?

As you can tell, I watch 24 like a madman. I wish it was on TV... oh man i am going way off topic here.

We need to send in a commando team to save the dev team. HANG IN THERE PARI AND LEE!!!! WE ARE COMING TO SAVE YOU!!!!!!!! (Wait... if they are captured, do you think they have internet so they can read this?)

LMAO

J

jwilso3340

Just tried to log in, and it says the Server is Down. That sounds hopeful....maybe took it offline to bring everything back up?

G

<blockquote><hr>

My god. Are you suggesting the dev team has been captured by terrorists????? And they are being forced to design crappy games???? What kind of hell is this?

As you can tell, I watch 24 like a madman. I wish it was on TV... oh man i am going way off topic here.

We need to send in a commando team to save the dev team. HANG IN THERE PARI AND LEE!!!! WE ARE COMING TO SAVE YOU!!!!!!!! (Wait... if they are captured, do you think they have internet so they can read this?)

LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

O, I was suggesting that they were terrorists... taking down EA-L to torture us and ruin our lives...

I mean that isn't my opinion... Its just the feeling I get from a lot of the posts.

I do a lot in 24 hours.... but I only sleep like 4 hours a night so I can properly time manage.

G

hmmm let's see, driving from point A to point B is not using too many brain cells. Try 1# merging cities, #2 finding and fixing bugs, #3 cleaning up exploited cr*p from those that don't play nice, then tell the lot of us that you could have done it in the amount of time it takes you to drive from FL to NY with 6 hours left over.

*steps down from bandbox*

C

Cashew

I don't see this as whining. I think it is a valid concern. Bugs and exploits will be discovered. Is it going to take them this long to fix them in the future? Are they learning from this? Will a better plan of action be put into place?
I realize they are working on this and probably as frustrated, if not more frustrated, than the players are. I bet they don't want to go through this again either. I am just hoping they are coming up with a new plan.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

<blockquote><hr>

EAL went down just over 24 hrs ago, got me thinking, they cant clear this up in 25hrs time? u know how much shhh i could get done in that time. Here lets just start with this.
to
Bay Shore, NY 11706-7917
in

OM MF G are u serious, i coulda drove to my cousin's house from FL to NY and still had 6+ hrs left till EAL came back up. WTF is taking them so long? This is BS. and to think they gave us a warning b4 city went down, wonder how many exploiters went on a 15 min shoppin spree knowing there money could poof b4 they return, how much worse did that make everything. Just baffels me how in 25hrs time this still hasent been resolved yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, than apparently...you should've gone to visit your cousin :p
The reason it's taking so long is because they have to reverse everything the exploiters did. And like I saw in another post what took someone 5 mins to do, it takes about 30 to reverse it. Such as...Someone buys a tree from a store with money from the exploit, they then have to take back the money the store owner got for the tree, take the tree away from the person who bought it and give it back to the store owner (yes yes, I know most of you have heard that before). So, don't get mad at the devs, get mad at the people who took advantage of a bug...end of story

H

Heatherlee3

I would have sworn that this was just a game.....hmm. It could be worse. They could have taken TSO/EAL away completely and not re-vamped it :-o

Thank you to the Team for making one of my favorite games fun and exciting again!

J

JustinKase

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

to
Bay Shore, NY 11706-7917
in

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, than apparently...you should've gone to visit your cousin :p
The reason it's taking so long is because they have to reverse everything the exploiters did. And like I saw in another post what took someone 5 mins to do, it takes about 30 to reverse it. Such as...Someone buys a tree from a store with money from the exploit, they then have to take back the money the store owner got for the tree, take the tree away from the person who bought it and give it back to the store owner (yes yes, I know most of you have heard that before). So, don't get mad at the devs, get mad at the people who took advantage of a bug...end of story

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the ppl that took advantage are at fault, i get that, i know how it takes longer to reverse it, i get all of that, my point is that by taking the game down right away would have saved 20-60 min of exploiters spending the "dirty money" now that translates into how many hrs of reversing that? This could have been handeled much better and cleaned up much faster.

This wont be the last exploit. Are we to expect downtime like this everytime?

Status
Not open for further replies.