• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA set to kill the game?

J

jammybob

I am currently in a skill house and someone said they called re the avatar problem and was told that within a month the client logon will not work!!!
Do they know how many of us run multiple accounts and how many people will simply quit if we cant anymore?
Please someone tell me this isnt true

G

Before you belive in a rumour, you should check the Stratics, and Blog, and ask Developers in City Hall, then if they confirm, you can worry.

I do know that Devs realise how many people run multiple accounts, and I belive they might create a "code" for runnin' multiple accounts if client will be removed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am currently in a skill house and someone said they called re the avatar problem and was told that within a month the client logon will not work!!!
Do they know how many of us run multiple accounts and how many people will simply quit if we cant anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm not incorrect. In the future we are supposed to be able to run more than one sim per account... so I'm sure if they are going to do away with the client they have another plan of action.

Players who use the client seem to have a lot more issues getting the game to work, so who knows.

But one rule I am very firm on is never believe a random mofo.

I can say I called EA and they told me in a month they will build me a house made of solid gold and unicorn horns... but that doesn't mean that they will.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

NEVER believe what is said in-game unless you find evidence here, on the blog, or the Wiki to back it up. There are some players who have little else to do than ruffle feathers and pull the chains of their fellow players so they will do and say anything to get that rise out of people. I believe that *if* we are given the ability to log in more than one of our avatars on the same account that being able to log in with more than one account at a time will no longer be AS necessary, but I do not believe EA will just remove that ability without a very good reason to do so, and I haven't even read so much as a whisper from anybody on the dev team hinting in that direction. If I were in that house you were in I'd ask them point blank in open chat where they got their information from, and then take great pleasure in telling them that they are the first sim I'd ever met who had a true eye color......brown.

G

Not to say this person is lying. They could very well have been told that.

But just b/c it appears a certain way doesn't mean that there are other reasons....

G

Your right. I hope it is enabled before they take the client away (if they do take it away). I also hope we receive a warning before hand. I can trade running 2 pc's but I would want all my trading done on one before hand. LMAO As if all my trading will ever be done.

J

jammybob

well LOTS of people have told me it isnt true.....so im a happy camper again now thank you....at least whilst the game is up lol

J

jafo1972

sounds like the old "TSO is shutting down in (insert month here)" rumors from 4 years ago. The only evidence ever offered was "I saw it in an interview" with nothing to say where it came from. The only time an actual interview was referenced, one with Will Wright and the future of sim type games in general, no mention was ever made of TSO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If they did that, they would slash their subscriber base (and income) by a sizeable percentage. I don't see them throwing free money away.

G

You can't call EA and have them tell you confidential information. The person missunderstood or is lying completely. Absolutely no doubt about it.

C

Camile

Just before leaving the game a few minutes ago, for yet another maintenance halt, I was speaking to a sim who had spoken to Maxis Lee and Tso Tech today concerning some issues she was having. She was told that we would soon not be able to run mutiple accounts anymore, that it would not be supported.
I hope, they have another idea in mind, am giving them the benefit here.
I have 2 accounts, have had them for years. I Dont plan on playing this game without the ability to run both.
Maxis Lee is a reputable source,sooooooo

G

They have NEVER supported multiple accounts... and have said as much when giving us the information on HOW to run multiple accounts...

This being said, that is possibly what was actually stated.

B

brendagfrie

I really find that hard to believe, and if you heard it from someone who said someone told them they heard it from a dev its very second hand info. EA would lose way too much money if they stopped supporting multiple accts.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Running two accounts has never been "supported". The whole concept and technique of running two accounts at one time was devised by players. Devs will rarely give you any help if you ask for information about how to run a second account because it is just not something they "support". Will they take actual steps to anihilate all of these extra accounts people like to run? I doubt it. But don't look for support on this issue anytime soon. We've never had it, and they don't plan to ever give it.

The only plans I have heard is that they would like to give us the ability to play more than one sim at the same time on same account.

C

Camile

<blockquote><hr>

I really find that hard to believe, and if you heard it from someone who said someone told them they heard it from a dev its very second hand info. EA would lose way too much money if they stopped supporting multiple accts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, that is a really good point....follow the money. I had not thought of that. You smart cookie!!!!

G

I really think given the way things are going...one day we are all gonna have to make a choice. I beleive we are headed as far as possible from our old game. Playing multiple accounts is a big part of the fun and also helpful with our busy sim lives. Im against it because its always been an appealing and useful feature for me and Im sure for alot of others. Im also against it because I dont see a good reason to change it. Its never actually been supported lol.. would be nice if our devs were the first ones to SUPPORT it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Running two accounts has never been "supported". The whole concept and technique of running two accounts at one time was devised by players. Devs will rarely give you any help if you ask for information about how to run a second account because it is just not something they "support". Will they take actual steps to anihilate all of these extra accounts people like to run? I doubt it. But don't look for support on this issue anytime soon. We've never had it, and they don't plan to ever give it.

The only plans I have heard is that they would like to give us the ability to play more than one sim at the same time on same account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno about this....
When Lee was talking about this one day, my impression was that the 'support' for multiple accounts meant the help in setting up the Client. Not software support.
After all - they have included a lot of files to make it possible. Players didn't do that.

If he meant there would soon be no more "Client" software, then don't read this post.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm not incorrect. In the future we are supposed to be able to run more than one sim per account... so I'm sure if they are going to do away with the client they have another plan of action.

Players who use the client seem to have a lot more issues getting the game to work, so who knows.

But one rule I am very firm on is never believe a random mofo.

I can say I called EA and they told me in a month they will build me a house made of solid gold and unicorn horns... but that doesn't mean that they will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I have a ride on your unicorn please
?

I have two accounts, I don't ever have problems with the client.

In fact, the client runs smoother than my normal game, lol. For example, if I'm lagging on the normal EA Land, I'm not on the client, which is weird, lol. Also once my normal EA Land had an error and was "no responding" while my client was still working, lol.

I'm sure if they get rid of the client, there will be a new way to run more than one avatar on a computer. I'm sure they know how many people have multiple accounts because they can see who owns what account. I'm sure they know it would anger people if they couldn't run them at the same time.

For whatever it means, I haven't heard anything about this.