• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Sarah Explains the Lava Game Rewards

G

This is from the blog and is also posted now as news on the http://sims.stratics.com:

<ul>
Groovy Lava Game: Info about the final rewards!
Posted in Fun, Events by Sarah on the March 13th, 2008

You’ve been asking for information about how the lava lamps will be rewarded at the end of these mini-games.

Firstly, when you complete a game we record that fact in our database and gift you a certificate. You don’t need to keep these certificates and can even delete them if you wish (but it’s nice to see how many people display them proudly!). To be clear, if you complete a game twice, we record that you completed twice., etc.

Initially I wrote that it did not matter if you completed a game more than once but many of you have been begging to make it count so we will. This makes things more complicated but means people can earn more than one lamp. Please bear with me in the explanation that follows!

We will award people their lava lamps in a few weeks when this set of mini games is fully complete. Using any combination of your avatars, if you earn ALL colors you will earn a lava lamp that animates.

Every founder in EA-Land will get 1 lava lamp that glows white but has no colored lava in it… !

Then, additionally, we will award a number of colorful lava lamps to the primary avatar on your account depending on what games you played and how many times. Right now the primary avatar is your oldest avatar on EA-Land but Mark is working on a way to let you pick which avatar you would like to mark as the primary one.

If you complete no games, you will only get the basic white lamp.

If you completed just the red game you would get a lamp with the red color but not the other rainbow colors.

If you complete multiple games multiple times, here is how we will award the lamps, using an example.

Example:

Imagine we have account called, BrothersGrimm which has 8 avatars named SnowWhite, Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy. Snow White is the oldest character.

Imagine that when all the games have ended, this is what is recorded for the avatars on that account:

* SnowWhite earned 1 red certificate.
* Sleepy and Sneezy earned 1 orange certificate each.
* Happy earned 3 green certificates.
* Doc earned 3 yellow certificates.

The total earned by the account is 1 red, 2 oranges, 3 greens and 3 yellows - it does not matter which avatars earned them. Then we will simply make lamps until we’ve used up those colors. The BrothersGrimm account will be awarded

* One Lava Lamp that glows red, orange, green and yellow
* One Lava Lamp that glows orange, green and yellow.
* One Lava Lamp that glows green and yellow.

Those lamps plus the standard white one for all founders will be placed into SnowWhite’s inventory, as she is the primary avatar. If and only if you earn ALL colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet) then your lava lamp with animate!
Now it really will be interesting to see how you play these games…

The current game is to earn the orange color. Good luck and enjoy!
[/list]

So now that you know more details, will you try to create a specific kind of lamp? Just yellow and violet, because those are your school colores? Every glowing color but orange, because you just don't like orange? Or are you going to try to go the distance, and end up with a lamp that shows all colors and is animated?

I

imported_Qute Pi

yea yea...lol
I understand it, but I disagree with some things. Of course others will take this as not being happy with what we're offered. Oh well lol.

-I wish we could get it on more than 1 sim per account. Some people do share 1 account and will now have to decide who will be the lucky founder sim.
-I hope they are trade-able.
-I wish we could choose which color certs we want attached to the white lamp, instead of them deciding for us.

I would like to create a purple and green one, but from what I understand I'll have to do 2 purple and 2 green on the same account, so those extra purple and green are only colors on the 2nd white lamp, which I don't see happening, unless I use the ATM to get additional cards during those colors. I haven't decided on that yet........
My main goal is all colors, but I think the green / purple one would be my fav. if I can accomplish it.

Otherwise, its nice to have something new, just hope it doesn't end up looking cheap.

I

imported_MattelMichele

Question: I wonder what will happen with those sims (errr...avatars) from Blazing Falls, my oldest is still in EA la-la Land; and of course has yet to play the lamp game. :'( &lt;---small-ish tear

I

imported_Qute Pi

Wait, why can't you play?
Your oldest ea land sim/avatar isn't getting cards?

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

Wait, why can't you play?
Your oldest ea land sim/avatar isn't getting cards?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, she's still waiting to merge from Blazing Falls

I

imported_Qute Pi

No its not your oldest account sim.
Its your current oldest EA LAND sim. err avatar, whatever.
Check the oldest sim you currently have in ea land.

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

No its not your oldest account sim.
Its your current oldest EA LAND sim. err avatar, whatever.
Check the oldest sim you currently have in ea land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh, yeah
sorry to confuse. currently my very neglected simmus from JP can play, but my oldest one waits, my question was will those avatars have an opportunity to play as well?

J

JustinKase

Sarah, I along with many others had our "Blue Target Card" Disappear either from inventory in my case or some others from there lot, always seems to be blue target card, we have the in game msg stating our target card in my case Blue 33, will these cards be replaced or will we still be counted as completing our match because our target is in our msg? I have my match and it wouldn't be fair for me to not be able to get my color and complete lava lamp because of a bug. Please Help Us! TY

S

sweetsimmichelle

<blockquote><hr>

This is from the blog and is also posted now as news on the http://sims.stratics.com:

Firstly, when you complete a game we record that fact in our database and gift you a certificate. You don’t need to keep these certificates and can even delete them if you wish

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand if you have it in your database then why hasnt my sim received the game 1 Red Completion Certificate for the pare I had

I

imported_CherryBomb

White lamp will be good enough for me. My red match got zapped, so I decided to give away any future game cards to friends, and I find it is much more relaxing to play the game without fussing with it. Prolly will not fuss with posting on the blog anymore, either, as it has refused my password again, and will not send me another one. Third time this has happened, and I don't want to keep creating new IDs.

CherryBomb

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Prolly will not fuss with posting on the blog anymore, either, as it has refused my password again, and will not send me another one. Third time this has happened, and I don't want to keep creating new IDs.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed its case sensitive (user name AND pass). Have you made sure you were using the correct caps and stuff?

G

<blockquote><hr>

If and only if you earn ALL colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet) then your lava lamp with animate!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn.
This means all those who missed the red game won't get one that is 'animated'. I guess it really shouldn't matter, but I find the animated objects to be so cool, it would have been great to be able to get an animated one. And not even buying a red completion certificate would allow those who didn't get to play to have all the colors, either since they said they have record of who played and who didn't regardless of who has the certificate, so even if a goodwilled sim wanted to give a red completion certificate away if they got more than one it wouldn't do any good. Bummer. I'll be over it by the time the game is completed, but yeah for now.....bummer....but maybe they'll have a do over of the red game since there was so many problems with it, and thus far still so many missing red completion certificates. EA might have record that those sims participated, but the completion certificate is the only verification that the sims have that EA knows they participated. OK, so maybe that last sentence didn't make sense LOL

M

Monkeybear

I solved the red puzzel on my old account and transfered the red certificate to my new account so my new account wont be credited for red only my old account will...

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If and only if you earn ALL colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet) then your lava lamp with animate!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn.
This means all those who missed the red game won't get one that is 'animated'. I guess it really shouldn't matter, but I find the animated objects to be so cool, it would have been great to be able to get an animated one. And not even buying a red completion certificate would allow those who didn't get to play to have all the colors, either since they said they have record of who played and who didn't regardless of who has the cerficate, so even if a goodwilled sim wanted to give a red completion certificate away if they got more than one it wouldn't do any good. Bummer. I'll be over it by the time the game is completed, but yeah for now.....bummer....but maybe they'll have a do over of the red game since there was so many problems with it, and thus far still so many missing red completion certificates. EA might have record that those sims participated, but the completion certificate is the only verification that the sims have that EA knows they participated. OK, so maybe that last sentence didn't make sense LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

What I don't understand is how all colors but red will look. I mean...with red it will animate, how will it go without red?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I solved the red puzzel on my old account and transfered the red certificate to my new account so my new account wont be credited for red only my old account will...

[/ QUOTE ]

can you do orange and the rest on your old account?

and back to one of my orig questions: will these be tradable. If so, then you could give it to your new account after you are done...in a perfect world anyway.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn.
This means all those who missed the red game won't get one that is 'animated'. I guess it really shouldn't matter, but I find the animated objects to be so cool, it would have been great to be able to get an animated one. And not even buying a red completion certificate would allow those who didn't get to play to have all the colors, either since they said they have record of who played and who didn't regardless of who has the cerficate, so even if a goodwilled sim wanted to give a red completion certificate away if they got more than one it wouldn't do any good. Bummer. I'll be over it by the time the game is completed, but yeah for now.....bummer....but maybe they'll have a do over of the red game since there was so many problems with it, and thus far still so many missing red completion certificates. EA might have record that those sims participated, but the completion certificate is the only verification that the sims have that EA knows they participated. OK, so maybe that last sentence didn't make sense LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

What I don't understand is how all colors but red will look. I mean...with red it will animate, how will it go without red?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, maybe it will have a pie menu that will allow you to select which color you want it to show as, amongst the ones you completed, whereas the 'animated' one will change randomly? I dunno, that was just the first possibility that came to mind.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, maybe it will have a pie menu that will allow you to select which color you want it to show as, amongst the ones you completed, whereas the 'animated' one will change randomly? I dunno, that was just the first possibility that came to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes me wonder what the point of me wanting a purple and green one is. lol. If it wont flash purple then green then purple then green...then its pointless for me to attempt.

T

TKSpeedy1

Ok, I'm confused...our oldest sim in EA on each account is supposed to get cards right? If this is the case then something is wrong because I only got cards on my one account....The oldest account didn't get any cards. HELP!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep....better rethink deactivating that old account, I think I'd reactivate it if you could so you can transfer your orange cards to it and complete all the games on the same account, and then cancel the new account if you can't afford to have both as paid. I guess they figured out a way to make the founder object truly mean something as in it can't be bought at least until after it gets completed, and that's something alot of us asked for, but now I *almost* wish I hadn't, because I'd part with a good number of simoleans for a red completion certificate if it meant that I'd get a totally complete lamp at the end
. Wonder if the finished lamps will be tradeable/sellable....if so then I bet those with all 7 colors will go for a pretty penny....more than a red certificate would go for now if those could be bought and used for credit

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I'm confused...our oldest sim in EA on each account is supposed to get cards right? If this is the case then something is wrong because I only got cards on my one account....The oldest account didn't get any cards. HELP!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are sure your oldest EA LAND sim didn't get cards on an account email: [email protected] and give them as much info a possible including your sims name on the account in question.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are sure your oldest EA LAND sim didn't get cards on an account email: [email protected] and give them as much info a possible including your sims name on the account in question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also be sure that both accounts say 'premium', that one does not say 'visitor'. If one says visitor, even in error, then they will not receive cards until the next game.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also be sure that both accounts say 'premium', that one does not say 'visitor'. If one says visitor, even in error, then they will not receive cards until the next game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - and if it says visitor but shouldn't be, report that too!

R

Rennay

I didn't create a sim in EAL until after the cards were given out I guess
I was still paying for my account, just hadn't created one there yet, so I suppose I missed out and won't be getting red

I

imported_Qute Pi

Aww that stinks

My sim sister...(oh man its not gonna sound right as avatar sister *sighs*)
she had her computer messed up during the red week and missed out also.

G

TTL

I have 8 accounts (yeah, I know, just shoot me). For administrative reasons, I moved all of the red game cards to an account that is old, has a size 8 lot and is a store with lots of room. He solved all 8 puzzles and "handed" completion cards back to the other 7 accounts.

This week I started the process again. Moved all the cards to one account, solved 3 of the 8....Question is? should I move all of the completion certificates back to that account? The sticky wicket is that mid-game, BV bullet train arrived with sims that are ancient but I don't play with and I cannnot remember if they were the original issueeeeeeeeee....

Compounded by the unopened mail bug - I may have deleted lava lamp game sim-mail.

My head hurts, pass the tylenol, and the mini-games are going to become progressively more difficult? Heck, I can't add up to 38 without a calculator.

S

Sativa L

[/ QUOTE ]

I emailed yesterday, but only included the name of my oldest sim on the account. I assume this should be enough info. I have yet to receive cards or response.

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn.
This means all those who missed the red game won't get one that is 'animated'. I guess it really shouldn't matter, but I find the animated objects to be so cool, it would have been great to be able to get an animated one. And not even buying a red completion certificate would allow those who didn't get to play to have all the colors, either since they said they have record of who played and who didn't regardless of who has the certificate, so even if a goodwilled sim wanted to give a red completion certificate away if they got more than one it wouldn't do any good. Bummer. I'll be over it by the time the game is completed, but yeah for now.....bummer....but maybe they'll have a do over of the red game since there was so many problems with it, and thus far still so many missing red completion certificates. EA might have record that those sims participated, but the completion certificate is the only verification that the sims have that EA knows they participated. OK, so maybe that last sentence didn't make sense LOL

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not one to be a whiner but that stinks.

I missed out on the red game because EA's billing/support took for ever to credit my account as paid premium. Even though I was payed at the time the first game was still going on, I wasn't credited until after I had to contact them multiple times, and by then the game was done.

I got my orange match but now I dunno that I wanna keep playing subsequent games (because my lamp won't animate).

I think that with the subsequent games, they need to make it very clearly disclaimed that if you didn't participate in the previous games, your lamp is not fully functional.

T

TKSpeedy1

Am I the only one who thinks it would've been better if they had waited until after the merge was completed to start this game?

G

It would be nice to play the game - but I can't because my account never got any cards, and all my questions have gone unanswered - on the blog, stratics, IM, and in-game.
I can't use the new e-mail addy (which they didn't put up until a week and a half after I first contacted them) because Microsoft passport requires a sign-in and password, which I don't have.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

It would be nice to play the game - but I can't because my account never got any cards, and all my questions have gone unanswered - on the blog, stratics, IM, and in-game.
I can't use the new e-mail addy (which they didn't put up until a week and a half after I first contacted them) because Microsoft passport requires a sign-in and password, which I don't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

So just sign up for a sign-in and password...it's easy and free. Just a suggestion.

G

I dont see why you shouldnt be able to type the address into whatever email you use Donavan.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So just sign up for a sign-in and password...it's easy and free. Just a suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]
MicroSoft passport creates an account on your computer that allows them access if they so choose.
Deleting the account is futile as it is re-created when the computer is re-booted.
At, least this is the way it was 3 years ago when I finally figured out how to get rid of it.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I dont see why you shouldnt be able to type the address into whatever email you use Donavan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right...or set your e-mail client as the default e-mail client and then when you click on the e-mail addy, that is the e-mail program that will open up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - I'll try that.
Thanks.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
MicroSoft passport creates an account on your computer that allows them access if they so choose.
Deleting the account is futile as it is re-created when the computer is re-booted.
At, least this is the way it was 3 years ago when I finally figured out how to get rid of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok, sorry...I must be thinking of something else then. I was picturing my MSN live log-in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - I'll try that.
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
E-mail sent.
Thanks, Niki.

H

HoTDeViL

Since we never got told the rules of the lava game exactly i will tell you what happend to me.

I own a store in ea-land and wanted to trade for other people to help them getting their matches.

the avatar i did it with never received cards itsself, but i traded from my other accounts + got the cards from friends and roomies. so we had a nice ammount of cards to help people with trading them.
after getting matches ourself and getting the red certificates i traded them back to roomies + friends + my other sims.
all in all i matched 18 pairs in the first game, for my other sims friends and roomies. now we find out that they never will get their red color in the lamp for their certificate, because they didnt finish the first game. i did for them.

So i ask you, our great and awesome Developers, if you cannot just do the final with the lava lamps the same way as you did the parts of the game. the avatar who is holding the certificates will get the lamp in the matching colors of all owned certificates.

If this really isnt possible please public a list with all avatar names which did the first lavagame and the number of certificates they received. so we can try to finish the game with all parts

I am sure many more people have the same problem

Tell me your opinion please

S

Sativa L

OMG I feel so blonde. I have been looking for "missing cards" for days on every sim on one account. I really thought I was missing them. Clearly this is a case of too many sims and too many accounts. I just found them hiding in another sims inventory. I am surprised I stumbled across them. I know really understand how the devs time can be wasted so easily on false alarms. I will take more care in future.
*blushes*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - I'll try that.
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've sent an e-mail to that address from yahoo before, so it works with any e-mail protocol

G

<blockquote><hr>

So i ask you, our great and awesome Developers, if you cannot just do the final with the lava lamps the same way as you did the parts of the game. the avatar who is holding the certificates will get the lamp in the matching colors of all owned certificates.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would solve the issue for the MANY who did not get to do the red game, so I say yes plz plz plz *begs* I wouldnt even bat an eye to buy one in a store lot, if having the certificate meant I could get a completed lamp if I completd the other games too. Maybe we can think of some bribes that would make this possible

G

<blockquote><hr>

OMG I feel so blonde. I have been looking for "missing cards" for days on every sim on one account. I really thought I was missing them. Clearly this is a case of too many sims and too many accounts. I just found them hiding in another sims inventory. I am surprised I stumbled across them. I know really understand how the devs time can be wasted so easily on false alarms. I will take more care in future.
*blushes*

[/ QUOTE ]
I tried this after seeing this post - sadly it wasn't the case for me.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Someone needs to ask Sarah when she's gonna get after the 'devs' to make a special 'shared' inventory so that special items such as these cards can be accessed by any of the Sims located on that account?

I started thinking about it because my 'mains' in EAland are no longer my mains...my mains are now my mains from the production cities.

I'm a bit dizzy recently and am having trouble remembering which ones actually participated last time. It would be nice to have access to all our 'money' from any of our sims too.