• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Promo Breaks the Law

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wondering if they sent out real brass knuckles or those plastic toy ones. Or is there a difference?

Damn, real ones must cost alot of money, when are they going to do this for UO? I want a real boomerang for my SA box!

C

Connor_Graham

From what I got out of the article they were the real thing, and yeah, there's a huge difference. Not only in legality, but also in cost. It would have been smart to have some plastics company make up a batch of realistic looking ones, but to actually send out real ones.....wow. Just wow.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To send out a Fhugazi would have been very disrespectful... They are obviously men of honour.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wondering if they sent out real brass knuckles or those plastic toy ones. Or is there a difference?

Damn, real ones must cost alot of money, when are they going to do this for UO? I want a real boomerang for my SA box!
Mass produced, they can be as cheap as $10-15. Not that expensive at all.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imagine if EA had successfully taken over Take2, and done something like this with the GTA4 release. Jack Thomson's head would've exploded.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If brass knuckles are illegal to have, how were they produced? Or did EA buy them overseas?

B

Bruin

They are illegal in some states, like California where EA is based. They could have purchased them and shipped them from say Nevada.

F

Flora Green

And here I thought this would be about the 11th collection issue. :p

M

MoneyMaker

On the serious side: WTH was the supervisor of this endeavor thinking?!

on the lighter side: EA promo rep. :dunce: EA board of Dir. :cursing:

EA Lawyers :wall: Public opinion of EA :coco::talktothehand::loser:

My opinion of the incident: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keep us posted on further developments!
I need a good laugh.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mass produced, they can be as cheap as $10-15. Not that expensive at all.
Hey, that's like a 10-15 buck rebate! I bet boomerangs would cost less for the SA boxes, if not, I'll settle for smaller boomerangs!