• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA PRINTING MONEY?

B

brendagfrie

Okay I don't understand this. I thought this was a zero sum economy and all the money that ea sold to players was also the money that players earned and sold to ea. Well since the sell feature isnt' enabled then where is the money that ea is selling to atm users coming from?

It seems that everything is a big push to force us to have to buy money from ea in order to have anything in this game.

CC is great but you do need simoleons to make it and when you sell a money object and get only like 3 simoleons ...well its gonna take an awful long time to make your CC object.

I thought the idea of the bullet train was great too but it just so happens that right before the second train left the price of property went sky high...and now they know the sims arriving on the train don't have property...that seems very low to me. So you come on the train and have to go right to an atm? We used to get 10k to start off and that was more than enough to buy a prop to throw a few things on while you skilled and earned money so you could build.

I love the updates and changes but ea needs to remember that we are paying a subscription fee every month so should not be pushed into having to buy all the in game money to have any fun.

I don't get the logic in the payout on money items changing from day to day either. Seems that that will only benefit stores and again the atm machines...because if you want people to come to your money house you will have to go out and buy new money objects to put on your lot depending on what is paying good each day...and run out of inventory space in the process.

I really don't believe payouts are so low to help catch bots....there surely is other ways to catch them.

S

supmar

the payouts are low cuz it helps to let sims running to a atm machine is all
it doesn't stops botters
maybe EA bought a bot to make money for the atm

B

brendagfrie

oh okay...that explains where ea got the money to put in the atm machines then....didn't realize they were in the bot business. oh...guess they used the 25k i paid for the atm too....hmmm

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Okay I don't understand this. I thought this was a zero sum economy and all the money that ea sold to players was also the money that players earned and sold to ea. Well since the sell feature isnt' enabled then where is the money that ea is selling to atm users coming from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was the other way around. Players would buy simoleans, and that rl money they spent on simoleans would go into the pool. Which then only what's in the pool can be given to players for simoleans.
I don't know...good thought though.

B

brendagfrie

hmm yea good point but if thats the way its supposed to work then its still not being done anyway.....where is the money in the pool going?

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol um...

1. sitting there?
2. in ea's pocket...?

Maybe they need to get so much in there before they open cash out.

B

brendagfrie

well prob with that is that if they wait too long peeps are gonna have a lot of money saved up and wipe it out as soon as its available. It has had the buy from them feature for quite a while now...so they must have a lot saved up...but still I know a few sims that are saving every penny and gonna break that bank when it opens.

I

imported_Qute Pi

yea. I dont know lol.
What if there was a limit to how much you could cash out per month per account?

B

brendagfrie

well in that case I would think there would also have to be a limit on how much you can buy per account per month

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol that ruins any chance of ea skimming off the top.
I'm not sure, all I am saying is just speculation. But I seriously thought it was the other way around, and now I'm curious.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It seems that everything is a big push to force us to have to buy money from ea in order to have anything in this game.

CC is great but you do need simoleons to make it and when you sell a money object and get only like 3 simoleons ...well its gonna take an awful long time to make your CC object.

I thought the idea of the bullet train was great too but it just so happens that right before the second train left the price of property went sky high...and now they know the sims arriving on the train don't have property...that seems very low to me. So you come on the train and have to go right to an atm? We used to get 10k to start off and that was more than enough to buy a prop to throw a few things on while you skilled and earned money so you could build.

I love the updates and changes but ea needs to remember that we are paying a subscription fee every month so should not be pushed into having to buy all the in game money to have any fun.

I don't get the logic in the payout on money items changing from day to day either. Seems that that will only benefit stores and again the atm machines...because if you want people to come to your money house you will have to go out and buy new money objects to put on your lot depending on what is paying good each day...and run out of inventory space in the process.

I really don't believe payouts are so low to help catch bots....there surely is other ways to catch them.

[/ QUOTE ]
The idea of this 'economy' (there's that word again!) is that we start out with a set amount of money in a "pool" - Call it EA Land's Bank account.
Every time somebody cashes out a job object or collects pay from a job, the money comes from the pool.
Every time you pay for something, like a lot, lot upgrade, or catalogue item - the money goes back into the pool.
Simoleons you buy from the ATMs come from the pool (the Dollars go into EA's pockets
)
Theoretically, you cannot buy simoleons from the pool if there are none in there (the "cap" has been reached) until someone makes a deposit (like above, or... selling simoleons back), but in reality, the pool is quite large. To reach it's maximum (it's "cap") will take quite a while (assuming there is a relatively normal flow back and forth).
However, if someone, or a group of someones managed to hoard enough simoleons, it could possibly impact the payouts we receive.
Although this is possible, the pool is large enough to make it highly unlikely.

G

Do you think that the pool will start off with the money that will be wiped out when the merge occurs?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do you think that the pool will start off with the money that will be wiped out when the merge occurs?

[/ QUOTE ]
The pool already exists - it was just a number coded in by the devs.
Pixels.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
The pool already exists - it was just a number coded in by the devs.
Pixels.

[/ QUOTE ]I wonder if they filled the pool with alligators...

<center>
</center>

I

imported_Gracie Nito

When money "pools" were first mentioned on the developer's blog, tso-e.com/blog, last July, I was very confused by the whole concept.

I have to admit that math and accounting are not my strong suit.

However, when a design page appeared on the game-blueprints.com wiki site, I had better understanding of how this new economy might work.

As, I understand it, all payouts whether it be money objects, job track pay, ATM withdrawals, or weekly bonus, are tied directly to simoleans produced and spent in game by players.

Perhaps, the links to the blog and the wiki will help some of you understand how this concept began and how the economy is designed to work.

I believe the ATM machine was given a stipend for start up. There was an initial release of simoleans printed just for this purpose. However, I do not believe EA intends to continually print money. I would suspect that alot of custom content expenditures may be going into that ATM pool.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Let's get real a moment folks....players have bought simoleans regardless of what money objects paid out for years.

The vast majority of newbies I've met over the last few years didn't waste time finding places to purchase simoleans/trees/rare pets for real money regardless of what the payouts were. I've actually seen players 'bypass' contests paying out good money rewards just because they were purchasing a couple of hundred million simoleans.

As for the payouts in TC3 or EAland, I hardly spend time there at all but the little time I have has provided me with a pretty good amount of money to buy a lot, upgrade a little, furnish with some nice stuff AND buy a new dress. Can I say that I did it without having to run to an ATM machine?

There are some that will as always go out and buy their money...regardless of what's being paid. It's the way it is in TSO....I think folks need to get over it. If folks wanna buy there way to riches, go ahead but I sure wish they'd stop belly aching about it.

Most people buying from the ATM machine are probably spending their money as fast as they buy it (these aren't the folks that save up money)....thus the drain is taking it right back out of the economy.

I

imported_SimTripps

LOL Dutch, I was thinking the same thing.. 'Folks, let's get real for a moment here, k?'...

Economy schmonomy lol... I stated in an earlier post that there was NOTHING wrong with the economy, it was people exploiting various money bugs over the years that caused the imbalances..

Don't forget that we're all playing one big game of pretend here... so, when you're talking about 'money pools', etc., it's a pretend pool, not some real life bank that we're depositing into and withdrawing from, k? However.... our beloved game designers have introduced and implemented a system of economy where suddenly our simoleans SHOULD be considered real... And you know why? Because they're now profiting from them....

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

LOL Dutch, I was thinking the same thing.. 'Folks, let's get real for a moment here, k?'...

Economy schmonomy lol... I stated in an earlier post that there was NOTHING wrong with the economy, it was people exploiting various money bugs over the years that caused the imbalances..

Don't forget that we're all playing one big game of pretend here... so, when you're talking about 'money pools', etc., it's a pretend pool, not some real life bank that we're depositing into and withdrawing from, k? However.... our beloved game designers have introduced and implemented a system of economy where suddenly our simoleans SHOULD be considered real... And you know why? Because they're now profiting from them....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep....that's sure what I'm hoping....that they are starting to seem some gains in the profit column....cause the 'cutting us lose' time is swiftly approaching.

We all complain about the price of gas but we still drive our tanks and fillem' up don't we.

I

imported_SimTripps

Well exactly lol.. I've been complaining about the whole 'profiteering from ATMs' lately, and what have I been doing?? Using the ATMs ROFL! Such a hypocrite I am rofl.. but hey, felt the need to do a roof in EA Land and had no money to increase the property size and for floor tiles, so what the heck rofl..

That's the thing - if the profits from the ATMs are going towards the game's hospital ICU bills, then I'm all for it but... doubt they'll get rid of this current system... That's what my Canadian gov't said about our extra GST tax 20 years ago... 'it will only be temporary folks so don't worry, for a couple years maximum, to help balance the deficit'... 20 years later, we've still got the GST lol...

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yeah...I figure it's a bit new too.

I think that EA really had to roll on this ATM machine idea fast because they didn't want the community to get too loyal to the 'Backstreet' Simolean Boys....if you know what I mean. (Didn't take long for money sales to start up in EAland did it?)

It is so hard to accept new when we were so used to the old days of free flowing milk and honey.

(OMG....if my roof doesn't make it...wonder how much I need for my Queen roof?)

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, Tripps.

I

imported_SimTripps

Depends on how many $20 tiles Freddy needs lol... The two roofs I've done so far in EA Land have cost approx. 15k in floor tiles, give or take..

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Depends on how many $20 tiles Freddy needs lol... The two roofs I've done so far in EA Land have cost approx. 15k in floor tiles, give or take..

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh lol....well he kinda uses mostly 3 or 4 tiles the majority being white.

However 15k is doable though.

L

Laverne

I still say EA Games should have established "banks" that loaned simoleans instead of ATMs. Leaving rl money completely out of the equation. Would have made it more challenge.

I

imported_corpatortis

um am I the only one that has clued in that Simoleans are an EA trademark therefore are created/distributed at will by the company?

they are only worth real cash because players are willing to pay real cash.

LMAO! you really believed that if you spent 4 billion dollars and wanted 10 zillion simoleans.. EA would decline because not enough people have bought catalogue items to fund them? oh em gee. next you'll say that the only way they are able to give out mystic trees is because they steal them in the night in the guise of a bug

I

imported_SimTripps

I do like that idea Lav, but there would probably be alot of foreclosures going on for delinquent accounts. I'd probably be one of them rofl...

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Well how else do we get our mystic trees, Corp?

This really makes you wonder what goes on during maintenance

J

JRock

I have to admit that I bought money in the past. I came back to the game and almost all the prices were over 100,000 simoleans. What can a new sim get with just 10,000 simoleans? Then later I found out that some lots were almost giving that kind of money away. So it does happen.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

um am I the only one that has clued in that Simoleans are an EA trademark therefore are created/distributed at will by the company?

LMAO! you really believed that if you spent 4 billion dollars and wanted 10 zillion simoleans.. EA would decline because not enough people have bought catalogue items to fund them? oh em gee. next you'll say that the only way they are able to give out mystic trees is because they steal them in the night in the guise of a bug

[/ QUOTE ]

I said something similar in a post yesterday, Corp - no economic system is perfect. But to guise this as a Social Market, hoping to eliminate the 'haves' and 'have nots', won't happen, not if I can go buy $1,000 worth of simoleans, which EA would accept gladly, when my neighbor can barely afford a dishwasher...

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

Well how else do we get our mystic trees, Corp?

This really makes you wonder what goes on during maintenance

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing being stolen around these parts is sanity, I'm sure. *snickers*

EA gave trees to certain accounts and the number of trees in circulation (in theory disregarding bugs in distribution) should have increased daily. But when they want to give out reward items they just.. duplicate a tree in their inventory and give it out.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you totally lost me there...did I say all that?

All i did was make a suggestion about banks. Bad idea? ok good enough lol.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I said something similar in a post yesterday, Corp - no economic system is perfect. But to guise this as a Social Market, hoping to eliminate the 'haves' and 'have nots', won't happen, not if I can go buy $1,000 worth of simoleans, which EA would accept gladly, when my neighbor can barely afford a dishwasher...

[/ QUOTE ]

The balance comes from people selling back simoleans. Sure one can consider it "unfair" that you get the advantage due to your financial situation.. but it's not like Simoleans are some unattainable rarity. You get a bit from having a paid account then you have to earn the rest.

If you start off with 1 milllion and everyone else at zero.. eventually they will catch up to you re : being able to purchase everything you can. Sure your store will be up quicker but they can work hard and afford the same plot size eventually.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you totally lost me there...did I say all that?

All i did was make a suggestion about banks. Bad idea? ok good enough lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I replied to whoever was above me. It just happened to be you.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Can I just say one thing?

EAland is a game. The game is owned by EA or Mythic or whomever....

And as we all know....whoever owns the game can change the rules however and whenever they wish.

If some players don't like the 'rule' changes, they probably will take their balls and go home. However, TSO is truly a transient game. There will be a few that stay always. The rest will come and go at will.

EA is just trying to make a buck off those temporary people so that the rest of us permanent people and the stockholders in their real company stay happy.