• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ea payment

G

i was wondering if there is a feature where we could pay for tso for the year instead of monthly payments??? can anyone let me know if there is please

G

little hint to the devs its easier for some people to pay for six months or a year at a time then monthly .... wondering if its maybe a possible option later

G

Well, if you want to pay 6 months at a time, you could just buy 2 of the 90 day time codes at a time, but then you'd have to keep up with the e-mail that contained the 2nd code, since we can't enter in more than one code at a time.

Would be nice though if buying the 90 day time codes at least would provide a little bit of a discount, the way that purchasing a year of Club Pogo for instance beats paying monthly for it. I doubt though that we will see stuff like that until TSO starts turning a profit again. When they have the subscriber base, then it will be worthy to them to start offering the volume discounts like that. Right now with us being so far in the red they really can't afford to do anything beyond offering the 'free play' accounts.

G

heck i dont mind payin full price for a year its ever bit worth the 10.00 we pay
its actually rather cheap for the program we get to use...

G

Other games offer long term subscriptions - 6 months or a year whatever and usually offer some kind of discount when taking out a longer subscription then paying on a monthly basis.

I think its a good idea to add to the wiki, maybe its something the current team might consider implementing.

Polly

G

I play a game that discounts for longer subscriptions and gives incrementally better *pets* as a sign up bonus. Now, that, I would like to see in EA Land......

***dreams of a pink poodle for a year's paid subscription***

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Both are such great ideas. The blog states upfront that the team isn't raking in enough cash at the moment, so between cash-in and a possible new bi-yearly or yearly subscription option, they'd stay afloat. It would give incentive for us if they offered us a gift for our (long-term) purchase. I think one of the main reasons they haven't done this is due to the fact that they probably assumed the game wouldn't be around long enough for people to buy long-term subscriptions. Who knows.

L

Layla-Playmate

This is an awesome idea, I have wondered why they have not made that available yet. I play pogo as well and it just makes it so much easier to pay yearly then monthly. Plus it is cheaper with the yearly discount. Maybe someday

G

<blockquote><hr>

Both are such great ideas. The blog states upfront that the team isn't raking in enough cash at the moment, so between cash-in and a possible new bi-yearly or yearly subscription option, they'd stay afloat. It would give incentive for us if they offered us a gift for our (long-term) purchase. I think one of the main reasons they haven't done this is due to the fact that they probably assumed the game wouldn't be around long enough for people to buy long-term subscriptions. Who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now I'd have to say I'm against any more 'gifts' being given in game, judging by the sense of entitlement it's already instilled in people with the indignation of not receiving a 4th or 5th year gift after they set the precedent with the first 3. I'd be perfectly happy to see the price differential as my 'gift' for choosing to subscribe longer, or maybe something in-game like the founder's icon that is attached to the account rather than the sim.....something that would be given automatically and not require any of the devs time to create or pass out. They've got quite enough on their plates, with EA Land and catching up on what they "owe" people (in quotes since that is really a misnomer because IMHO they don't OWE anybody anything except a game to play and CS to back it up).

G

How bout token gifts like keychains or t-shirts thats what Toontown does for yearly subscribers in addition to a discount.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How bout token gifts like keychains or t-shirts thats what Toontown does for yearly subscribers in addition to a discount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...I suppose out of game gifts like this could work, but there'd still be the sense of entitlement and posts of "I didn't so-and-so mailed to me and I should have". Also, only the real die-hard TSO fans would appreciate the kind of stuff we got with say the Charter Edition of TSO way back then....IIRC, it was either a TSO keychain or a magnet or something like that. Being a die-hard fan myself though, I'd love TSO memoribillia (grr sp?) like that, but alot of players, even simmers would go 'pffft', just like they do with the current in-game gifts that we receive, and those are actually functional in-game.

Really it goes back to my belief that people shouldn't be so damned spoiled, but they are.
Anyway I'd vote for 'token' gifts like you're talking about sooner than an in-game perk.

I'm a member of Case's, a tournament running site that operates tournaments through players of Pogo, and I know their premium members get 'icons' by their names based on whichever premium level membership they pick, which is where I got the idea for an icon that would be located right beside where the founder's icon is, or in place of it for the players who don't have founder's icons. This would give the players a 'status' that have always grumbled for so long because they missed beta by so many days or whatever. maybe just a simple green simolean symbol beside the founder's icon, for instance that could be coded to appear the maintenance following receipt of someone's payment for a year's service at once. Doesn't seem like that'd be hard to code, since they already know how to make the simolean symbol, and have the codes for the colors since we all write in colors in room chat anyway. Something simple like that would be peachy-keen for me.

G

personally i dont care about any gifts other then the yearly gifts they give us ... its a matter of convience for me.... the current system u never know when their gonna be pulling money out of my account ... and yes im one of those users that well i live paycheck to paycheck and they have really messed my account up not knowing exact dates theyll be pulling funds if i were to pay for a year i would know ... one time payment... and im with the others they dont owe me anything i just would like the convience of doing it once a year instead of monthly

G

<blockquote><hr>

personally i dont care about any gifts other then the yearly gifts they give us ... its a matter of convience for me.... the current system u never know when their gonna be pulling money out of my account ... and yes im one of those users that well i live paycheck to paycheck and they have really messed my account up not knowing exact dates theyll be pulling funds if i were to pay for a year i would know ... one time payment... and im with the others they dont owe me anything i just would like the convience of doing it once a year instead of monthly

[/ QUOTE ]

Even for monthly payments my payment has always been drawn on the same day, or within 24 to 48 hours in either direction. What I did since I too live paycheck to paycheck was close my account for a couple weeks because my billing cycle did fall at the end of the month, which messed me up too. I then reopened it toward the middle of the pay period, and after that didn't have anymore problems, unless I forgot to write down the automatic payment when I did my monthly bills....that always messes me up no matter when the money is withdrawn.

Not sure what day of the month your account was opened on, but if you haven't considered this it might be worth a shot. That's the only way that I am aware of to change the date of your billing cycle.