• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA/Mythic new policy

S

Sorna

The hammer has struck UO.

To keep you all safer in game from bans this is an explanation or warning to us. Jeremy posted this yesterday on UHall about sites/urls, so be very careful what you say in game or post on your profile. This is the link to the post/thread- http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=99741&page=3

"Ok, after several discussions between various folks of higher pay grade than me, we've hashed out the following (and yes, this will be in the FoF as well for wider distribution.)

1. Sites that sell things (any things, not necessarily UO things) for cash are definitely forbidden
2. Requests for donations are fine.
3. Ads are bad. Don't link to sites with ads.
4. Stratics is currently the only exception to #3; however, there may be more in the future. If you have an interest in being an exception, you're welcome to email me and as soon as we have a process I'll let you know what it is.

This doesn't change the whole submit-to-the-FoF process at all. I'm sure you have questions - feel free to ask them now so I can refine the version in the FoF

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you, Sorna

people are so paranoid about all this, we've even been afraid to give out our webpage address for our alliance to our members

:eyes:

altho I think that page falls completely within the rules, since there isn't a "donate" button let alone anything for cash sale or banner ads

N

NewThunder

So its ok to speephack, script and Dupe... But if you mention the wrong website you will be ban hammered! It is good to see the EA/mythic knows how to set priorities for the game.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So its ok to speedhack, script and Dupe... But if you mention the wrong website you will be ban hammered! It is good to see the EA/mythic knows how to set priorities for the game.

QFT

(I fixed your typo) :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how did this thread turn into a "I don't like you" thread?

T

Tovladian Soltyr

how did this thread turn into a "I don't like you" thread?
Yeah for real, seems like someone had his Post Toasties P**sed in lately.

ANYWAY back on topic....

1. Sites that sell things (any things, not necessarily UO things) for cash are definitely forbidden.

Ok I get it, so don't post any of the brokers sites in game, that's fine. Also don't link to Wal-mart, Target, Ace Hardware, Etc... Site in game either :p.

This is cool, it saves a lot of my favorite sites from getting put on the "I Ban Thee" list. Like UOForums and UOGuide.

Ok no more linking funny Youtube vids to my buddies in game, only IM's from now on.

4. Stratics is currently the only exception to #3; however, there may be more in the future. If you have an interest in being an exception, you're welcome to email me and as soon as we have a process I'll let you know what it is.

No Comment....(Mama always told me if you don't have nuffen nice to say then don't say nuffin at all).

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So its ok to speephack, script and Dupe... But if you mention the wrong website you will be ban hammered! It is good to see the EA/mythic knows how to set priorities for the game.
It's sort of like spending money on the education system when there are people going hungry somewhere in the world.

( er ... that analogy makes sense in my head although it looks odd written down )

T

Tovladian Soltyr

It's sort of like spending money on the education system when there are people going hungry somewhere in the world.

( er ... that analogy makes sense in my head although it looks odd written down )
I get what you are trying to say...We're taking care of the little problems that we can but there are still bigger problems out there.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What about the basic adds to the web hosting service? For instance, I have my web hosting with Microsoft Office Live. It has a very small icon in the bottom for "Microsoft Office Live". Obviously, Microsoft is selling a product... in this case their web hosting.

So does this make this entire service off limits? There are no other adds. If so, this seems unreasonable in the extreme. I'm just prepping for a future guild website and want to make sure I'm clear.

-OBSIDIAN-

The website is http://www.rubyvista.com. There is no content (other than the default pages which will eventually go away). You can see the small Microsoft icon in the bottom.

N

NewThunder

The hammer has struck UO.

To keep you all safer in game from bans this is an explanation or warning to us. Jeremy posted this yesterday on UHall about sites/urls, so be very careful what you say in game or post on your profile. This is the link to the post/thread- http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=99741&page=3

"Ok, after several discussions between various folks of higher pay grade than me, we've hashed out the following (and yes, this will be in the FoF as well for wider distribution.)

1. Sites that sell things (any things, not necessarily UO things) for cash are definitely forbidden

This doesn't change the whole submit-to-the-FoF process at all. I'm sure you have questions - feel free to ask them now so I can refine the version in the FoF
I find it also very sad that Jeremy stated you can refer people to the UO Harold site that may have a link to the wispering rose radio site, but you can't tell people the wrr site in game directly. Let's face facts the times that those groups have used the false sites they left the books using trial accounts; the true people whom abuse the system use trail account so they do not care about being ban hammered.

S

Sorna

I think the real problem is that they cannot fix what is wrong and this is their solution.

P

Pennywise

*burps, den takes anuder drinks*

Sounds goods, I tinks. In da meantimes, should da stockholders shout him out to answers at da nexts meetings.

Submit replies here...................

Legends, gots to luvs dem alls.