• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Land Windoed VS Full Screen issue

• Thread starter nobuttkisser
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nobuttkisser

OK this is rather strange. I installed the latest version of Directx 9 for windows XP loaded the EA Land in windows mode and behold the maxis splash screen with a wonderful rainbow of colors coming at me and slowing down to a dot then dissappear and game loads with no trouble (TC3-test).

Attempted to do the same thing with the EA Land icon (full screen) and have this error message: <font color="red"> Failed during (1) CheckDeviceType validation. Sorry, but the game can't continue and will now try quitting</font>

i click on OK and no game.. dev's is this an issue that you were not aware of? I have a GATEWAY 2.4GHZ computer with two 250gb hard drives. and 2gb memory I have an Nvidia Gforce graphic card and am running Windows XP with SP2 and IE6 latest DirectX any help on what I may or may not need to do to get the game to load in full screen mode oh and I do have my video setting set to 16bit (res at 1260 x 1068) will lower res just in case that might be the issue but i doubt it

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Please repost this in THIS thread so we can keep the questions about DirectX 9 and graphics cards in one spot. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.