• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land? What stands before EA??

G

Hi guys, I just had a thought, many of us might think that EAL is a bad name. But you know what, secretly in mind, a lot of people use abbirivations for the name of the cities, I rarely see someone call Alphaville Alphaville, only AV.

So I thought that some of us, might not think that the REAL full name of city is Electronic Arts Land (which EA Games stands for) perhaps you could name your city your own in secrets. like I dunno, Exotic Artisctic Land? or something like that.

G

haha, possible. however its widely known that EA stands for "Electronic Arts"

P

Purdy

I googled Ealand a while ago and I found this:

Ealand
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ealand is a small village on the Stainforth and Keadby Canal in the Isle of Axholme, near Crowle in North Lincolnshire on the A161, near the junction with the A18.

Crowle railway station is in the village. The landscape is very flat. Nearby is the Seven Lakes Leisure Park (former sand pits). The A161 used to go through the village, until a new bridge was built over the railway.

The Stainforth and Keadby Canal is a navigable canal in South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, England. It connects the River Don Navigation at Stainforth to the River Trent at Keadby, by way of Thorne and Ealand, near Crowle.

I did more searches on Ealand, but the village is small so there's not much info or pictures, there's only pictures from the neighboring village of Crowle.

So I guess they wrote the game EA-Land so not to confuse it with the small village in England -- Ealand.

I just found this interesting.

G

I guess its time somebody adds our EA Land to wikipedia.