• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Land what should we call it?

G

EA Land is too much to type I agree.

What are our choices? EAL? This brings brings up some really creepy visuals for me which would not be appropriate to discuss here. Just EA? Not really good enough. I dont know lets discuss it.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

What is the synonym for EAL? I must be behind on lingo. EAL, EL, or ELA would suffice in my opinion.

G

I dunno.....I *still* agree with Donavan that EA Land is an extremely cheesy name for the new city to begin with, but alas, I guess there's no changing that.
As for the abbreviation, yes, we do need one....I called it "EL" once, in keeping with our tradition of having 2-letter abbreviations for the cities, but that didn't look right to me, either. I suppose we could say "NC" for "New City" or MG for "Main Game" as opposed to TC3 being Test Cener 3 and not a production city or part of the main game. Problem with NC is that EA Land won't be "new" for long....so after a while that'd be a misnomer. Maybe, hoping against hope, we'll somehow be able to bribe or at least convince the devs how corny/cheesy EA Land is for the name of the city if not the name of the game, and they will let the game stay EA Land and name the city something else, like we used to have cities within the umbrella "The Sims Online". This also opens up the possibility that EA Land will become so popular that all the players won't be able to be held on one server. I dunno about anybody else, but I think that'd be awesome, cuz that'd be a sure sign that the game is thriving and therefore out of the red!

I

imported_debslee

Like Phoenix, dont know the references behind EAL
- however EAL is good for me or EL - either one, Im not too phased.

G

"EAL" looks good to me. (Eastern Air Lines is too far back to have an unfortunate connotation)

Or we could use "FU" for 'funky universe'.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"EAL" looks good to me. (Eastern Air Lines is too far back to have an unfortunate connotation)

[/ QUOTE ]

0.0......he did not really suggest that.....did he?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, who else is gonna be brave enough to admit that they didn't think that is what Gamer meant by "FU" until they read the rest of the sentence?

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

lol

Totally didn't know what you meant til I read the rest!

Isn't EA Land going to be the consolidated city? (aside from TC3)

Then why not just keep the TSO abbreviation. It's still Sims Online.

EDIT: in more detail, it will basically be the only city. That's why the TSO abbreviation floats my boat!

G

What about EA-L?
Although I'm sure some people are too lazy to reach up for the -.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought the same thing, but EA-Land will be more than TSO in the future. I'm guessing that EA wants to phase out the "TSO Mentality" and have a more broad name to attract new players who might have in a sense, a TSO stigma.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought the same thing, but EA-Land will be more than TSO in the future. I'm guessing that EA wants to phase out the "TSO Mentality" and have a more broad name to attract new players who might have in a sense, a TSO stigma.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I don't have time to search out the post at the moment, but I remember a specific comment, by Luc I believe stating that they wanted to step away from association specifically from "The Sims" franchise, and "broaden the scope" of interest, in the hopes of attracting players that are not necessarily sim-fanatics. This is how the concept of EA-Land being the 'hub' leading to other EA titles all came about. At one point they even said our sims wouldn't be sims anymore, but 'avatars'.

G

I believe eal is a perfect way to call it. its simple and short, EAL.

I

imported_CherryBomb

<blockquote><hr>

Yes. I don't have time to search out the post at the moment, but I remember a specific comment, by Luc I believe stating that they wanted to step away from association specifically from "The Sims" franchise, and "broaden the scope" of interest, in the hopes of attracting players that are not necessarily sim-fanatics.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Broaden to the scope" to what? People who wanna kill ogres?

Until some breakout game comes along, social on-line games like ours are only about 20% of the market. For people interested in that kind of a game "The Sims" is a more appealing hook than "EA Land", I would think. If someone is browsing through a list of on-line game to try out, you want to have a name that will grab his attention and give him some idea of what the game is about. "EA Land" does neither. The devs should huddle with the marketing people and come up with something better.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Yes. I don't have time to search out the post at the moment, but I remember a specific comment, by Luc I believe stating that they wanted to step away from association specifically from "The Sims" franchise, and "broaden the scope" of interest, in the hopes of attracting players that are not necessarily sim-fanatics.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Broaden to the scope" to what? People who wanna kill ogres?

Until some breakout game comes along, social on-line games like ours are only about 20% of the market. For people interested in that kind of a game "The Sims" is a more appealing hook than "EA Land", I would think. If someone is browsing through a list of on-line game to try out, you want to have a name that will grab his attention and give him some idea of what the game is about. "EA Land" does neither. The devs should huddle with the marketing people and come up with something better.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

In the context of what they were talking about, I think they meant people who would be interested in EA's other game titles....and not just killing ogre/monster type games. Games like the EA Sports division, etc. People who play games like that generally pick on those of us who are sims-addicts, wondering why we like to play 'electronic dollhouse' so much. I know I've heard variations of that question when I have told some people that my two favorite games are TSO and TS2. Some people just don't get the appeal of a life simulation game.

G

I think it's more like broaden the scope for people who associate the Sims Online with a massive failure. I believe Luc once flat-out said that EA is embarrassed by it. Instinctively I'd like to say that EA-Land is the least creative name I've ever heard...I can also imagine where EA is going with it. Hypothetically...IF it turns out to be a success, I can imagine an EA-Land insert in all EA-Games...something to the effect of "Sign up now for the social hub that is EA-Land. Meet new people, tryout other EA titles, experience your games in a way you've never done before." All in all, the more I think about it, the more EA-Land actually makes sense as a name.

G

Really its not about EAL but Eel, which sounds the same even if spelled differently. Like I say its a personal issue with it and my post would surely get pulled if I tried to explain here so I wont but I will say when Greg talked me into telling him he regretted asking!

Still its probably the easiest and most logical abbreviaton to just say eal, I'll do my best to shut the creepieness out of my mind. *shudders*

edit: I kinda like FU.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What about EA-L?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strike strikes again. :x

S

Sativa L

EL is simple and 2 characters, just like we have always used for our cities.

I must admit that FU is my personal fav.

Perhaps we can refer to the "game" as FU and the city "EL" ?

G

<blockquote><hr>

EL is simple and 2 characters, just like we have always used for our cities.

I must admit that FU is my personal fav.

Perhaps we can refer to the "game" as FU and the city "EL" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

*snort* ROFLMAO! ^^^ votes for this, who would pass up the opportunity to legitimately be able to say "FU"?

G

<blockquote><hr>

What are our choices? EAL? This brings brings up some really creepy visuals for me which would not be appropriate to discuss here. Just EA? Not really good enough. I dont know lets discuss it.

[/ QUOTE ]
ESO (<u>E</u>aland <u>S</u>ims <u>O</u>nline

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be awesome if the company wasn't trying to draw away from The Sims name, which I wish they weren't

I thought you were one of the ones who was campaigning for a new name besides EA Land also though....have you given up the cause?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ESO reminds me of a gas station. -- In the old days Exxon was called Esso.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a similar note, I was going to suggest ELO (EA Land Online) but remembered that this is a name of a rock band (Electric Light Orchestra) but then hubby passed by and said "Look in the MP3 files we have, so is TSO" and he's right...(Trans-Siberian Orchestra) so, how bout ELO?

ETA: *considers getting a trial Plus account just to be able to post a poll with some of the more popular suggestions in this thread*

G

ELO makes sense but all I can think of is "ello govnah" and I giggle.

G

-Ok so now I'm torn between ELO and FU so how about we call it FU-ELO? *giggle*

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is one syllable short of EA-Land !!

I'm going with EA-L, or we could just petition Luc to rename it to something that is easier to abbreviate

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
My brane is faaaaaaaaaar too corrupt to think of "FU" as anything other than.... well.....

Allllllllllllllllllrighty then.... ESO it is!

G

GRINCH II

ha ha ha, well as some of you know, i been trying to get the devs to call it GRINCHland and you can all call it GL for short. But that didnt happen but the FU reminds me of a sims house and i am sure if you know him you would know his house.

ELO reminds me of the electric light orchestra band. So i am not sure what would be good to use to shorten the name of crappy ealand.

talk later and thank you

G

Maybe TSL will do it, The Sims Land? I mean thats pretty good, hows that sound?

M

Monkeybear

Is it EA Land or EA-Land
The city is called EA Land yet everyone is calling it EA-Land

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I can't be bothered with hyphens or spaces so I just call it EALand. Just finding the shift key for caps is enough hassle for me. However, ealand just looks too funky so I'll continue with the caps for now.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

I personally think the whole name needs to be changed if thats the case. EA Town. The Hub of EA Games.

EA Town could be abbreviated to EAT. Short, sweet...to the point.

G

Yeah but then sims would say EAT and eager hosts would think thats a shout for FOOD.

I'm still in with FU.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Yes but then when someone asks what game your playing and you go all, "FU", then they might think that's negative. I can only imagine all the "avatars" in "ea land" going around town saying,
I LOVE FU! I LOVE FU!

I really think EAT has potential.

G

<font color="purple"> I am lovin the Funky Universe, FU!!! I vote for that! Although I am the same person that went around Mount Fuji yelling that I was an MF'er.

FU!
FU! Yay!
</font>