• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Land opening this week?

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will find some excuse or something will go wrong and it wont happen this week.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I guess there are not enough of us complaining about bugs so they want us all in EALand to hear more.

K

Keep It Real

This scares me more than anything considering the stuck sims and lag/freeze in TC3 right now. Not to mention the items that "poof". Same code and all means same problems.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This scares me more than anything considering the stuck sims and lag/freeze in TC3 right now. Not to mention the items that "poof". Same code and all means same problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, I dont see how it can be ready yet.

G

It's probably not ready, it will probably come along with the same warnings we got when TC/TC3 were merged, that they might have to do rollbacks or whatever several times to get it right, so we basically just better buckle our seatbelts and get ready for a bumpy ride.

That merge was during the time that I couldn't be online, but from what I hear some things were quite comical.....losing sim heads.....sims having the wrong gender...seems I always miss the good stuff!

I

imported_Spacey

Will I have to download the new EAland download, or will it just update my TSO icon, client ...etc...that I use to play now. I hope it updates. I have heard horror stories about downloading the new game. Anyone else still running TSO to play?

M

Meggers

------------------------------------

Yeah, kiss yer rares goodbye, lol

M

Meggers

Will I have to download the new EAland download, or will it just update my TSO icon, client ...etc...that I use to play now. I hope it updates. I have heard horror stories about downloading the new game. Anyone else still running TSO to play?
-----------------------------------------------

I tried using the EALand icons, I can click on those til I grow hair from eyeballs and they still won't open the game. I am still using the TSO icons, so after the merge I may not be able to play at all.

N

NightFlyer

Reminds me of the saying "Those that don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it".

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Clearly we are not ready for EALand unless TC3 is overhauled.

I am sure I speak for many when I say make sure everything is working properly before bringing all the cities into one...

If TC3 lags this bad with only 2 cities combined, how badly will 10+ cities and who knows how many more sims lag?

Imagine all the rares/collectables vanishing, bugs, could be bad.

Take your time, we waited 2+ years already so another month or whatever wont hurt!

Thanks for everything so far!
&amp;
Thanks for everything on the way!

G

Luc said EA-Land may be ready to open this week. I didn't see anything about merging the production cities yet. Maybe he means we have a chance to move a poor homeless sim in to check it out?

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

I am sure I speak for many when I say make sure everything is working properly before bringing all the cities into one...

[/ QUOTE ]

Find me a game that has everything working properly please.

I don't care how buggy it is I just want to be able to check that EALand box it's been teasing me for ages

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

Luc said EA-Land may be ready to open this week. I didn't see anything about merging the production cities yet. Maybe he means we have a chance to move a poor homeless sim in to check it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lol considering start up money cant buy a lunch much less a lot lol, would be pointless.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three.

Hopefully its just being opened for us to help test it and the problems we are seeing in TC3 will be fixed before any cities are merged to EALand.

Polly

G

*hitting "Reply" since Stratics forces us to reply to a particular message*

Is there a description somewhere of what EALand will be when it opens e.g. will it be a blank slate or will it have 11 (or 10 excluding Betaville) cities at start? Mention has been made of a "EALand slot". Where will that Sim go?

On a facetious note, will residents of EALand be referred to as "EALanders" rather than "Sims"?

G

<blockquote><hr>

On a facetious note, will residents of EALand be referred to as "EALanders" rather than "Sims"?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe we will be called "Suckers".

Just kidding. I hope.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

*hitting "Reply" since Stratics forces us to reply to a particular message*

Is there a description somewhere of what EALand will be when it opens e.g. will it be a blank slate or will it have 11 (or 10 excluding Betaville) cities at start? Mention has been made of a "EALand slot". Where will that Sim go?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been stated by developers before that EALand will look just like TC3. And there are already placemarkers set on the farzoom map where other cities will be merged. What you see in TC3 is what you will see in EALand.

G

Uh oh does that mean I've got to delete one of my 4 slots for TC3 in which to play in EA Land?

G

Im not ready yet since i have to make the 1gb update thing.

Im not really looking forward for it NOW since i would prefer if they fix the current bugs in TC3 then open EA-Land. Why the rush? let them delay the publishing date a week or two and make sure that everything is going perfectly . There's nothing to loose.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

You do not need to delete a slot to create a sim in EALand.

G

I plan on being in on it from ground level, bugs or no bugs!! I don't play much at all because I'm waiting on EA-Land to open.

And who cares about money???

/facetiousness

G

EALand will look just like TC3

The key difference is that people own properties in TC3. Since EALanders created in EALand will not have any money with which to buy lots, will it be up to the dev's to furnish lots? Also, will "EALand" be a separate 'city' in one of the blank rectangles on the far zoom map? I assume that EJ will occupy another of those rectangles when it is merged down the line.

G

It has been stated by devs(don't remember which)that there will be EA lots that we will be able to use to get started on. Also, there was mention of a land sale when we first arrive that would have land priced very very cheap so we could afford it quickly.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I don't think EA Land is ready yet, but I guess they can at least get it out to start off with. Just don't merge anything until the major bugs are fixed. Otherwise, you'll have people who had a working city being merged into a really buggy city and that may drive people to just quit altogether.

L

LiveOnce

I guess I should change my name to RAID, since there sure is going to be a lot of bugs in EA-Land...:)

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

EALand will look just like TC3

The key difference is that people own properties in TC3. Since EALanders created in EALand will not have any money with which to buy lots, will it be up to the dev's to furnish lots? Also, will "EALand" be a separate 'city' in one of the blank rectangles on the far zoom map? I assume that EJ will occupy another of those rectangles when it is merged down the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sims that we have in the production cities are to be merged into EALand. So therefore, there will be plenty of lots for ppl to land on.

G

merged into EALand. So therefore, there will be plenty of lots for ppl to land on

So production cities will be merged into EALand before EALand even opens? I thought just the opposite. I guess I'll have to wait and see what actually happens.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

No cities will be merged until after EA-Land opens and building has begun. I heard in the Pub one day that EA has an island full of places for us to land on opening day.

If opening day in EA-Land is anything like the past, I expect within 12 hours people will be screaming about cheaters because one group of people managed to acquire something they have not yet achieved.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No cities will be merged until after EA-Land opens and building has begun. I heard in the Pub one day that EA has an island full of places for us to land on opening day.

If opening day in EA-Land is anything like the past, I expect within 12 hours people will be screaming about cheaters because one group of people managed to acquire something they have not yet achieved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes people screamed about others having bought island properties already, but hey thats always been the way since beta. When a new city opened sims either pooled together or someone pooled their own sims money and bought up the islands.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Yikes. If I kiss my rares goodbye, i'll also kiss EA Land goodbye right along with them. LOL, that's all I have to show for my 4-5 years of paid subscriptions. Oh, can't forget my skill locks that have allowed me to be a crafter...wait, those items will probably get lost too.

V

VitArm

I just got a message in BF saying it might happen tomorrow? But something about it not being the merge but EA-land was going to be open..

L

ladywolf

*Just tagging last post*

When I tried tc3 test I found out my video card is not supported, Will I be able to play in EA land?

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

*Just tagging last post*

When I tried tc3 test I found out my video card is not supported, Will I be able to play in EA land?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so. My laptop sucks with DX10. The game seems laggy, but it's just my crappy hardware setup working too hard!