• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Land going down forever!!!! Happy April Fools :D

G

OK guys and gals. Take a deep breathe and any meds to control yourself. EA Land is shutting down for good!

I havea friend who works for EA (Sorry, will not be giving his name out in this) who informed me that EA is pulling the plug on our lovely game. The fact is, they don't see the profit they required to keep it going.

New players aren't changing to subscriptions. Almost no one is using the ATM's. All of these played into a part of this. From what I am told, within the next 2 weeks, the servers will be shut down. I will be saying my good byes in game over that time and making sure I have all of my friends on yahoo messenger to keep in touch with.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thought this is something you all needed to know.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i know thats a april fools joke

[/ QUOTE ]

^^ what he said

If it's true, I want a link.....but otherwise April 1st is the day that people are on guard for practical jokes like this. It'd cause more of a [censored] storm on any other day.

3 on a scale of 1-10 for trolling. LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO now *that* got a chuckle from me.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I want to believe this is a joke...but sounds like it could be real.

I mean they aren't doing town hall, they aren't responding to complaints, what else can indicate this that we are experiencing?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I want to believe this is a joke...but sounds like it could be real.

I mean they aren't doing town hall, they aren't responding to complaints, what else can indicate this that we are experiencing?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it wasn't a joke, it wouldn't have been Duncan that posted it.

Like I said in the Luc interview thread, why in the Sam Hill would he have been that positive and upbeat without so much as a hint of panic if we were as close to total anihilation as we were last March? Come on guys, don't let an April Fool's prank start the 'chicken little' scenarios.

G

Is it possible he is holding out hope to save the game? Is it possible he didn't want to start the panic? All I can say is this is what I have heard from people on the inside.

And why wouldn't it be me to say something? Am I not good enough to scoop something? lol

G

Ok guys. I can't go anymore on this. Don't want anyone thinking badly of me. Yes, this is a joke. Please forgive me

I still love you guys :X

I

imported_Juniper Skye

Wow, and I thought I was bad for telling my kids we were going to Disney World tonight!

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Ok guys. I can't go anymore on this. Don't want anyone thinking badly of me. Yes, this is a joke. Please forgive me

[/ QUOTE ]

U cause soo much fun ppl think badly of you lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is it possible he is holding out hope to save the game? Is it possible he didn't want to start the panic? All I can say is this is what I have heard from people on the inside.

And why wouldn't it be me to say something? Am I not good enough to scoop something? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but if this was true, EA would announce the 90 day deadline, they would not allow it to 'leak' out like this. There's only two hints up against all the positives that things are in trouble, the jobs being down in TC3 and the Town Hall schedule being off. Apart from that, things are on the positive, so until I see Parizad or Lee or Luc come in here and say 'Damn, you found us out, he's right guys!'.......yeah, your sources need a laxative or this is an April Fool's joke, either way, without proof it's pure rumor and drama starting. If it wasn't April Fools' Day, a day *for* posting pranks and practical jokes, I'd be irritated that this kind of crap was being circulated.

ETA: I told you so. This is the most common practical joke to be played on April Fool's Day, ya know? LOL

G

This is why I put an end to it so fast. Didn't want too many people getting mad at me. It was all for fun... and a real quick joke. God I hope they don't shut it down on us... lol

A

anniebonz

<blockquote><hr>

Wow, and I thought I was bad for telling my kids we were going to Disney World tonight!

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

G

well maybe as an april fools joke they should just shut down your account...

ROTFLMAO now that would be funny, and one great way to say... don't mess with the powers to be with poor humor.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Report to the rack.

G

<blockquote><hr>

OK guys and gals. Take a deep breathe and any meds to control yourself. EA Land is shutting down for good!

I havea friend who works for EA (Sorry, will not be giving his name out in this) who informed me that EA is pulling the plug on our lovely game. The fact is, they don't see the profit they required to keep it going.

New players aren't changing to subscriptions. Almost no one is using the ATM's. All of these played into a part of this. From what I am told, within the next 2 weeks, the servers will be shut down. I will be saying my good byes in game over that time and making sure I have all of my friends on yahoo messenger to keep in touch with.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thought this is something you all needed to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG LMAOOOOOOO!
You got me there!!!

Actually, thats my April Fools Joke... You didn't get me at all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]And they didn't hold you to that?

Mine would have!

G

I have no lag....why is Maxis continuing to do 3 maintenances a day? Lol any response from the devs?