• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land going down for a restart

G

GregK

Saturday 3PM (PST) - restarting the city.

We will be coming right back up.

thanks
gk

I

imported_rpsky3

thanks for the update.. lol i was just about to log in

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Saturday 3PM (PST) - restarting the city.

We will be coming right back up.

thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo! I've been waiting, lol.. its 6:06 (3:06 PST), lol!

V

VitArm

Coincidence Second Life does the same thing to reduce lag?

<font color="green"> </font> I think not.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Coincidence Second Life does the same thing to reduce lag?

<font color="green"> </font> I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The do something similar. If there is a problem (too much lag, too many avs) in a sim (a lot or area of land) then they reset the server to fix the problem.

Thank you devs for working on easter weekend

G

did I miss something? Its 3pm CST time here and I just got a 1 minute warning in game that it was going down. just when I logged in *curses my own timing*

G

just went down about 5 minutes ago...

thanks for the weekend work, team.

this restart worked wonders yesterday!

G

<blockquote><hr>

did I miss something? Its 3pm CST time here and I just got a 1 minute warning in game that it was going down. just when I logged in *curses my own timing*

[/ QUOTE ]

They were secretly waiting for you to log in so they could take the city down !!

And thanks Greg for the update and for working on a Saturday

Polly

G

All for these restarts! It realy helped last night. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work and working this Easter weekend! And for the updates!

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

EAL is back up and running

[/ QUOTE ]

see you there!

G

<blockquote><hr>

My lag is worse since restart. HELP

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, not that it really matters but I thought I'd note that lag has actually *increased* in TC3 since they started doing the restarts of EA Land daily. It's still liveable but I'm noticing lag where I once didn't, but I wasn't gonna say anythign until somebody else did because I thought it could be me, and I also didn't want to be guilty of *jumping up and down* about it LOL

I

imported_Armonia

Is anyone out there. I tried again to get into EA Land and I can get in but can't get into a house because lag is so bad. I tried to go to TC but even the updater lags and I can't get to it at all. This is all since the Restart. PLEASE someone help.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is anyone out there. I tried again to get into EA Land and I can get in but can't get into a house because lag is so bad. I tried to go to TC but even the updater lags and I can't get to it at all. This is all since the Restart. PLEASE someone help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you try to reboot? If even the updater is lagging that bad, that sounds more like an ISP issue, especially since you and I are the only ones noticing it, and I *know* my ISP has their head up their arses sometimes LOL. I recommend a reboot since you can't get in anyway and see if that will fix it. I've gotta give hubby the puter now but I hope it gets fixed for you soon.

I

imported_Armonia

I did a reboot, cleared CC files and everything. I am going to do another reboot and see what happens. Good Luck to you too.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I did a reboot, cleared CC files and everything. I am going to do another reboot and see what happens. Good Luck to you too.

[/ QUOTE ]

lags not bad for me.

I

imported_Armonia

Im still having problem. Going to do a reset on my modem and router. thanks for responses

I

imported_Armonia

Ok I had to do a complete reset of my modem and router. It seems to be ok now but haven't tried to get into game yet. Just noticed that internet seems better as well. thanks all

I

imported_Armonia

I am not sure if this was the problem or not. I did the complete reboot and totally reconfigured my router and it seems to have fixed it. I will see this morning after maintenance if it is still a problem. I saw where a few other people said they had more lag after the restart. I will not go through all I did last night again just because of the lag. Thanks for all your comments.