• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA is despicable

• Thread starter Stu Pitt Moran
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kiminality

In Stu's credit, there was a line of plausibility.
The forums going down could have been connected.
If you ignore the rest of the Stratics network, then it could almost be reasonable.

The sun disappearing from the sky is a bit of a hyperbole, which defies a reasonable context for the conclusion.

His logic is not terrible, and the theory is epically better than one I heard, last night:D
Not as funny, just as wrong, but it is based on logic.
Occams Razor fails in this respect, though.

R

Raisin

I never believed these things were connected either - I don't know much about Stratics but since it affected all their forums it's impossible.

But the closing and erasing of comments on the blog can be a factor that makes people think the stratics were closed too.

Edit: Sorry Aster, was typing it while you posted yours

Jackiee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the closing and erasing of comments on the blog can be a factor that makes people think the stratics were closed too.
I don't think moderating blog comments is something that our half a dev or a half a community manager has time to do.

Some of the comments I seen on there before they were removed even made me blush.

And thats sorta hard to do. :p

R

Raisin

Yeah, I understand what you mean.
But it was difficult when there was nowhere to type any comments at all, and the comments on the blog got erased and blocked, too.
I'm glad these forums are back. :)

C

Claudia MacCloud

Just out of curiosity.....

are we ever going to go back to the old forum ? Not that I want to see this temp forum go cause I love it so :) But are we ever going to go back to the old one?

T

TheCookieFamily

So if your local Wal-Mart closes we better boycott it too. I'll be damned if I have to go another 5 miles to the next one. What if THAT ONE closes? Well just another 5 miles and *poof* another Wal Mart.

There's always gonna be a Wal-Mart, but not all of them may have a McDonald's inside.

There's always gonna be online games, but not all of them will be as perfect as TSO. Cuz TSO was perfect.

Oh hai

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if your local Wal-Mart closes we better boycott it too. I'll be damned if I have to go another 5 miles to the next one. What if THAT ONE closes? Well just another 5 miles and *poof* another Wal Mart.

There's always gonna be a Wal-Mart, but not all of them may have a McDonald's inside.

There's always gonna be online games, but not all of them will be as perfect as TSO. Cuz TSO was perfect.
hypocritical

S

SimTripps

No, not hypocritical... more like delusional lol... Sorry, Cookie - couldn't resist.. TSO perfect = ROFLMAO

W

Will Wrong

What proof? people who are paid by Stratics denying it is not proof.
I expect no less from them. I always defend my boss to :D
If ONLY the TSO part had gone down...
AND the temp thingy never gone up...
THEN I'd say yer right, especiallygiven the ass-kiss attitude of Stratics mods to EA staff. They don't call it strEAtics.calm fer nothin.

But the whole dang thing went down AND they put the temp stuff up.

Who cares anyway at this point? The game is over. Whether you do it right here right now or wait until aug. first, every signle one of us has gotta make a break from it, like it or not, so get over it, the game is over move on and find something else to do with our borring lives lol Me I'm gonna have more time to organize my sock drawer by color.

I did though use the shutting of the boards down/conspiracy theories to scare the dudes in customer service into refunding my moneyt for the past few months. six years of playing an allegedly "non-competative" game, and I finally won something lolz :drool:

G

Gilly

THEN I'd say yer right, especiallygiven the ass-kiss attitude of Stratics mods to EA staff. They don't call it strEAtics.calm fer nothin.
Ummmm...our site isn't called: "strEAtics.calm", or anything close...so that lame name, would in fact, be "fer nothin".....:lame:

Perhaps you are confusing us with Pit's .calm site.....they do seem to be quite fond of the development team over there.....? :confused:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummmm...our site isn't called: "strEAtics.calm", or anything close...so that lame name, would in fact, be "fer nothin".....:lame:

Perhaps you are confusing us with Pit's .calm site.....they do seem to be quite fond of the development team over there.....? :confused:
o snap.

D

Donavan

Who brought up peanut butter?
Now I want peanut butter.

Having the boards go down gave me worse withdrawal than when I quit smoking. If I could have physically gotten our boards back right the very second they went down using my mighty MacGyver skills with paperclip, chewing gum, and hair accessories, I would have.
Hmmm.... MY MacGuyver 'work book' calls for a "Presto" slow cooker to be hot linked to the radiator of a '56 Chevy. Still dint work tho.

...maybe if I filled the radiator with a "thermo-plasmic reactive fluid" from my "Montgomery Scott's Guide to Fixing Just About Everything" book...

:thumbup:

Jackiee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Haha yeah we loved some of the dev team members over there.

Too bad EA-L had to end... maybe we would have been competent enough to hold onto being the official boards for the game. ;)

T

TheCookieFamily

hypocritical
I love you Oh Hai.

I wish I could blow up big time on Stratics, you know, let off steam in a way that may be somewhat insulting and mean and cruel and it would just make me feel better.

But I must accept the fact that Oh Hai is real, and s/he is here for one purpose, and I am sure we all know what that purpose is. We all must accept this, whether we like it or not.

Oh Hai, you swoon me with your constant blip and all of the bloopy. I love how you blippity with my blops, and hold blipoos with my bloop blips. The simple bloopness of your blip is what makes me blap about the blop. You bloop me blap, sometimes to the point where I blip and bloop. I wish bloop would blap and never bloop blop, ever! Bloop, I want you blap blip blippity bloop.

Oh Hai, this is why I love you so!

D

Donavan

I love you Oh Hai.

I wish I could blow up big time on Stratics, you know, let off steam in a way that may be somewhat insulting and mean and cruel and it would just make me feel better.

But I must accept the fact that Oh Hai is real, and s/he is here for one purpose, and I am sure we all know what that purpose is. We all must accept this, whether we like it or not.

Oh Hai, you swoon me with your constant blip and all of the bloopy. I love how you blippity with my blops, and hold blipoos with my bloop blips. The simple bloopness of your blip is what makes me blap about the blop. You bloop me blap, sometimes to the point where I blip and bloop. I wish bloop would blap and never bloop blop, ever! Bloop, I want you blap blip blippity bloop.

That's easy for YOU to say!
:confused:

D

debslee

Originally Posted by TheCookieFamily View Post
I love you Oh Hai.

That's easy for YOU to say!
:confused:
:offtopic:

A reminder to stay on topic please! :D

A

ahafan02

I understand why everyone is upset but is this all really necessary? Do we really need "conspiracy" theories?

Here's the main basic facts: Millions of people ARE NOT playing Sims Online/EA Land and never have been. Subscriptions and the number of people playing has steadily been on the decline. I think EA gave up on the game after a few years. Even the creator felt he failed with this version. We all loved it and many of us have been playing for years. I appreciate the new dev team who did everything the could to revive it but in the long run the numbers weren't there and I'm sure EA was losing money. Could they have kept it going? Sure..but sadly that is not up to us. I say enjoy the time remaining. I don't buy most people saying they'd never buy an EA game again. I will, like most players, go back to the offline games. I know a lot of people have hurt feelings but at this point all that energy is being wasted. Like most things in life, it's coming to an end. Enjoy the time left.

J

Jessie Taylor

Who brought up peanut butter?
Now I want peanut butter.

Having the boards go down gave me worse withdrawal than when I quit smoking. If I could have physically gotten our boards back right the very second they went down using my mighty MacGyver skills with paperclip, chewing gum, and hair accessories, I would have.
Now wait a minute. How can we be talking about MacGyver and not even mention duct tape?