• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA have killed our valued cities!

S

Suzi Q

I've spent several hours in my favourite city Fancey Fields and also in Calvins Creek and quite frankly I'm saddened by the sorry state EA have left these cities in! Nobody visits the cities, EA have not made it easy to do so. Regardless of where you are, when you check out 'city view' you do not see all of the cities as one land, only the one you are currently in. 'Village view' is even worse, before the merge I could see my own and my neighbours properties, now I see nothing! If I scroll around I will pick up some properties but not in my neighbourhood. I'm really disappointed in EA for doing this and wonder whether some of our server problems could be due to overcrowding in one area. The majority are playing only in that one little square of land. They're not exploring the cities and seeing what else this land has to offer. EA should have considered this before they started this merge. Surely it would have been better NOT to have opened EAland until the cities started merging, that way we may have had a chance! The only way I can see that we can get players in the cities again would be for EA to actually close that small square that started EAland for a day or two, therefore forcing players in to the cities to play. I really hope EA come up with some idea and soon. Yes, I do have a property and play in the new place, but I still love and cherish my city homes. Afterall, what is the point in having all these sims scattered around if we don't play them? Anyone else have views/opinions on this?
<font color="purple"> </font>

24 Jolly's

I too am saddened by this. Calvins Creek is my home and always will be and I wish EA made it easier for Sims to come visit us. I had the number one house there and now when I open I get a few visitors at most.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

In a way, I miss my little lot in CC (its been years-but I still remember). I miss the old pals I had...we had houses all next to each other. Still sentimental about that. *sigh*
I DO like that we are all now lumped in with each other. I think that makes it a more cohesive game. I didn't like that my CC sim was well known... Yet my AV and JP sims were 'nobodys'. That forced me to play that one CC sim ALL the time, which added to the boredom.
I think the issue of everyone living in that one area will even out. Wasn't that one of the first places to merge?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Fancey Fields has been 'gone' for a long time? My last sim moved out of FF just this past fall and it was unusal to see a light on anywhere on the map. Not even 1 light on during peak times.

CC wasn't as bad but close to it.

With everyone being together, the small cities have a better opportunity to get visitors now then they did before the merge because at least now people don't have to 'move' their sims in order to visit right?

I think more players would be more favorible to spreading out on the map if the cost of moving a lot didn't cost so much. Maybe between now and amnesty time, the devs should consider 'lowering or abolishing' moving costs for houses? Or allow free moves to lots of similar or lower value to where your lot currently is?

More people might be willing to come out of EAland and populate the others maybe?

I

imported_Starrfoxx

You should see Dragon's Cove. No lights at all. I miss that community.

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

Fancey Fields has been 'gone' for a long time? My last sim moved out of FF just this past fall and it was unusal to see a light on anywhere on the map. Not even 1 light on during peak times.

CC wasn't as bad but close to it.

With everyone being together, the small cities have a better opportunity to get visitors now then they did before the merge because at least now people don't have to 'move' their sims in order to visit right?

I think more players would be more favorible to spreading out on the map if the cost of moving a lot didn't cost so much. Maybe between now and amnesty time, the devs should consider 'lowering or abolishing' moving costs for houses? Or allow free moves to lots of similar or lower value to where your lot currently is?

More people might be willing to come out of EAland and populate the others maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't come out of EA Land because we are all in EA Land now. I think you meant to say some might want to move out of Charvatia and back to their home cities on the map.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

You should see Dragon's Cove. No lights at all. I miss that community.

[/ QUOTE ]

You woulda got a good giggle at me. Thought I'd be a smart acre and send a sim to EJ to build a house and be one of the first to merge.

It was so depressing being the only sim in the whole city that I gave up and moved my sim back to DG.

I

imported_remflyer

Two solutions I can think of to remedy this problem are to:

1. Have dynamic pricing of lots which reflect the population of the various cities. The higher the population in your city the more it will cost to buy a lot there.

2. Create a general directory of all properties that are online in EA Land broken down by categories.

If you did these two things together it would spread out the population more.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Two solutions I can think of to remedy this problem are to:

1. Have dynamic pricing of lots which reflect the population of the various cities. The higher the population in your city the more it will cost to buy a lot there.

2. Create a general directory of all properties that are online in EA Land broken down by categories.

If you did these two things together it would spread out the population more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I think this would help a lot with all of the places on the map now. With the way that the top 100 lists are now, its extremely hard for someone in a newly merged city to get on it or get to the top.

Something needs to be changed, but honestly I think there are more important issues than this.

I

imported_eggchick7

It makes me saddened to see the legacy cities are only shown by a yellow square, no name or anything..ghost towns
and FF I think didn't even get a welcome mention in the blog

G

I have 5 houses in FF. I like it best of all the cities. OOH They are all 3 sided water, grass peninsulas. There are still a lot of nice lots available there. Grass water lots are my favorite.

G

it makes me sad cause ive spent hrs and hrs on my lot and no one comes.. i love my CC house its my home and most dont even come there to visit.. my sim mom nad a few others visit but thats it maybe 3 at 1 time thats all..

G

well maybe with all the cities merged now, they will show houses in a given type which are on in all cities, and let you choose.

Not sure that it would have been a priority item before the merge, but now that it's over maybe they can do something to show everyone that is on, and give everyone a shot at the customer...

Me, I enjoy looking at the old cities to see what is on by the little flashing red lights and go visiting.. Those "big city lights" get a little too much for me at times.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

it makes me sad cause ive spent hrs and hrs on my lot and no one comes.. i love my CC house its my home and most dont even come there to visit.. my sim mom nad a few others visit but thats it maybe 3 at 1 time thats all..

[/ QUOTE ]

one basic reason why no people come is the mapview.
if you go to the map and click on the Map Filters you only see the (thats how i call it) EA-Land city Map showing houses in the diff cathegories.

My suggestion to the developers is to change the Map Filters view to the zoomed out EA-Land view where you can see all merged cities. since many shops arent on the top 100 its hard to be seen. because no one zooms out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've spent several hours in my favourite city Fancey Fields and also in Calvins Creek and quite frankly I'm saddened by the sorry state EA have left these cities in! Nobody visits the cities, EA have not made it easy to do so. Regardless of where you are, when you check out 'city view' you do not see all of the cities as one land, only the one you are currently in. 'Village view' is even worse, before the merge I could see my own and my neighbours properties, now I see nothing! If I scroll around I will pick up some properties but not in my neighbourhood. I'm really disappointed in EA for doing this and wonder whether some of our server problems could be due to overcrowding in one area. The majority are playing only in that one little square of land. They're not exploring the cities and seeing what else this land has to offer. EA should have considered this before they started this merge. Surely it would have been better NOT to have opened EAland until the cities started merging, that way we may have had a chance! The only way I can see that we can get players in the cities again would be for EA to actually close that small square that started EAland for a day or two, therefore forcing players in to the cities to play. I really hope EA come up with some idea and soon. Yes, I do have a property and play in the new place, but I still love and cherish my city homes. Afterall, what is the point in having all these sims scattered around if we don't play them? Anyone else have views/opinions on this?
<font color="purple"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

EA-Land is one city now. The old Fancey Fields and old Calvin's Creek are within the city of EA-Land. I can assure you that the city of EA-Land is hoppin'!

I

imported_Trudymac

<blockquote><hr>

It makes me saddened to see the legacy cities are only shown by a yellow square, no name or anything..ghost towns
and FF I think didn't even get a welcome mention in the blog

[/ QUOTE ]This sort of frustrates me a bit because I recently came back after 3 years away, and I'd like to be able to tell which of those yellow squares correlates to the various old cities. I can't remember from just looking at them, it's been so long.

G

When the cities first started merging over I noticed that ea-land was getting all of the visitors, but lately I've seen skill house in other areas getting more visitors now so I think with some more time, people will spread out