• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) EA&E's 400th Auction - Mongbat Mayhem!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Twas the night before EA&E's 400th Auction, when all through the auction house,
The item chests were empty, leaving only a mouse,
Amantala thought she had everything ready she could swear,
But none of tomorrows auction items were there.

So Amantala sent out a call for aid and Britannia Answered! We arrived to find the auction house ransacked and all the items stolen. Luckily a clue was left behind, a book stating "Once you have finished up with the auction, head over to Haven Bank to help the boys with the heist".
No time was wasted! A portal was opened and the crowd piled through to Haven Bank where we interuptted a bank robbery by mongbats in progress!

The mongbat mobsters and mob boss were quickly put down by our huge army. One mongbat survived who we captured and grilled for information on the missing auction items. He claimed that he did not know where they were but told us about someone called Blackwing who would know, he apparently ran a business in Britain.

For this information the Mongbat earn't his freedom and our troops headed to the capital city where we discovered Blackwing running a shade business in an alleyway behind West Brit Bank. We began the questioning but Blackwing did not take kindly to being threatend which lead to us being ambushed by Mongbat Shade dealers.
We engaged in combat with Blackwing's goons while he watched from the roof above; but they were no match for our might! In defeat Blackwing told us that the auction items had gone to Vesper docks to be shipped off and hastily flew off into the distance.

We marched fourth to Vesper Docks where we uncovered a Mongbat smuggling operation but encountered heavy resistance from mongbat smugglers and their pet golems. After a tense battle we spoke with the Mongbat overseeing the operation at the docks, he seemed interested in making a deal. He told us that the items went to the underground black market but it could only be reached by those who had a rune, of course he had to have a rune but wanted something in return.
I'm not sure exactly what was agreed upon with the mongbat as there was alot of talking, either being put into witness protection or working for the auction team and earning an honest living. But the deal was done and he opened a portal to the black market.

We entered a dark underground cave with the path ahead lit by torches. The path lead to a wall or gate of some sort guarded by two giant bouncers who we had to put down in order to gain entry.
On the other side of the wall lay an interesting sight, a market filled with many dark and mysterious races of the lands. There were orcs, ratmen, drow, necromancers, ogres and even mongbat slavers with some more civilized races in a prison. Some were buying and some had market stalls set up selling various goods like shade, mushrooms, poison, necromancy reagents and other stolen goods.

But by now our brave britannian army were fed up of the wild goose chase we were being lead on and quickly eradicated everything in the room, leaving only a Mongbat Fence left alive. He tried to play dumb but we caught him trying to stash a box. As we attempted to take it from him he summoned a swarm of mongbats to attack us.

A long and bloody battle ensued but we finally defeated the mongbat swarm and took what was rightfully Amantala's back from the Mongbat Fence. We demanded he handed off his boss or else he face death! He told of us Bigwig the Mongbat Godfather and his headquarters at the Sons of the Sea in Trinsic.
It was time to cut the head off this Mongbat crime organisation once and for all! Bigwig was no match for our forces as we stormed the Sons of the Sea and slew the godfather.

All in all it was a rather successful night! We retreived the stolen auction items, brought down the mongbat crime organisation and Geoffrey Blake died alot! And after all that we still had time to take down a bunch of random powerful beasts that mysteriously popped up :p

The next night the 400th Auction went ahead successfully with a costume contest with the theme 'History' taking place in which the following people won:
1st Place - Escaflowne as Leto Atreides, one of the founders of Europa Auction and Events.
2nd Place - Wanda dressed as Minax
3rd Place - Phineas dressed as Keonaan, Minax's General.

Secondly a scavenger hunt took place with the following people receiving prizes:
1st Place - Heimlich
2nd Place - Escaflowne
3rd Place - Lyn

Then lastly a special alcohol and stool race with the following people receiving prizes:
1st Place - Heimlich
2nd Place - Escaflowne
3rd Place - Phineas
Phineas was so happy he even took all his clothes off when presented with his prize. :D

All in all it was a great 2 nights!
A HUGE THANKS to EM Adris for making the Mongbat Event possible and EM Emile Layne for the Banner at the auction house. And a HUGE THANKS to all the EA&E Auction team! Amantala, Geoffrey, Paps, Mickey, Mus and anyone else i may have missed!!! The deco was lovely and events were great fun! Happy 400th Auction to you all :) Thank you for all the hard work you've put in all these years and for giving Europa such a great weekly auction with unmatched customer service skills :)

Last edited:

Amantala EA

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Esca for this brilliant report.

And thank to everyone who turned up and took part in both events. Hope you all had fun!

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that event was REAL fun all the way.

As i said, i recorded everything, been away one week so i couldn't convert yet all the vidz (42Gb!) but expect it during the next week (and i suck at video editing so if anyone wants to do the "final video", i'll gladly pass all the videos, converted in format of choice)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't I win the stool race? Though I was pretty drunk by then :D

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm i'm not too sure! All i remember is stooling over to you and slapping you lol

Amantala EA

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heimi chuck, yes you did win the stool race, Esca came 2nd and Phineas third.