• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA Customer Support

• Thread starter joblackjon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

joblackjon

Does it exist?

In December I opened an incident concerning my inability to log into KR. I listed all the things I had done and tried. I'm in IT and I tried to write down all the information I would request from one of my clients. The next day (very nice turn-around time, I remember thinking!) I received an answer from Abner the Tech. He preceeded to tell me to try most of the things I wrote that I had already tried. Not to be rude, I didn't mention this but I replied that I had tried his recommendations without success. What does he recommend now? What are the next steps in our problem-solving journey?

A week went by without a word from Abner the Tech. Then I receive a survey asking about my recent EA Customer Support Expereince. I gave my honest opinions but I wasn't very negative. The benefit of a doubt.

On the 28th of January, I opened a new incident, again, cannot log into KR, same descriptions. The very next day I received the exact same recommendations (generic form letter response) from Abner the Tech. As before, I replied looking for further instruction and more support. And as before, I received nothing. This week I received the customer satisfaction survey. I let go with both barrels on this one. This is the antithesis of customer support. It's insulting. And here I thought EA wants customers to use KR!

Am I expecting too much? Did I do something wrong?

G

You're IT as am I ... you did what I would do for exactly the same reason. I think it's not a "good thing" to get something like this happening. And yeah, I'd let loose as well on #2 iteration.

G

I'm in IT, too. I've managed to "train" some of my clients. I love their multi-colored stickies with the errors written on them! <3

It's too bad that when you do take the time to record all your own troubleshooting steps, it's often ignored completely. I run into this alot with warranty replacements for even the most popular brands (Dell, HP, Medical software vendors, etc.). Usually this requires me to by-pass any sort of "online support requests" and go straight for telephone escalation. Maybe some polite prodding is what's needed here, hehe.

I'm sure you've both been through the above scenario countless times...just wanted to add my experience. EA should be happy when they have well-thought out support requests with all the relevant information included. You would think these support requests would get a bit extra attention (at least no form-email).

I tried to locate a Support-only phone # for you, but could only find this one:
EA Customer Support: 1-866-543-5435

Good Luck! =)

M

MysticSim

keep replying to it every 24 hours. If they keep seeing it come back to them, they may actually do something about it.