• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dying to know? A look at GW2's Dye System

B

Bella

Hello everyone!! I thought it'd be a great time to take a look at the GW2 dye system. If you're any type of GW2 fanatic like me, you can't get your eyes on enough of GW2 information to satisfy you until GW2 is released! So every little bit of helps and seems to make the wait just a little bit easier. So, with that, I bring you great news about the dye system. Let's go!

The dye system in GW2 has been revamped and made easier to use. Here are just a few of the highlights we can look forward to:

No more mixing dyes!! Which also means no more taking up precious inventory space with dyes.

Armor will have one to four dyable channels depending on the piece. Think of all the flexibility we will have to set ourselves apart from one another.

There will be around 400 colors to choose from! Color me grateful Batman! Have I dyed and gone to heaven? (yeah, yeah, I know... keep my day job)

I would fail horribly if I attempted to explain all the colorful dyeable-goodness GW2 has in store for us so I will instead direct you to a Sept. 2010 blog post by Arenanet's own Kristen Perry, creator of the new dye system:

Live and Let Dye – Kristen Perry on the GW2 Dye System

http://www.arena.net/blog/live-and-let-d...dye-system

A HUGE thank you to Arenanet and Kristen Perry for sharing that information!

Here's a great Guildmag video that offers a close up look at the dye interface:

[youtube]hvpRH6AFRds&NR=1&noredirect=1[/youtube]

And an updated version again by Guildmag:

[youtube]C0SU4dBn_RM[/youtube]

Both of the preceeding videos can be found within the following article:

http://runningthreads.wordpress.com/2011...comment-11

Thanks to Running Threads, mullings & musings on all things Guild Wars 2 for that fine-dye summary!

Now that I've about overloaded you with dye information, I'd like to leave you with a chuckle from this last video uploaded by AltimotionPictures on Sep 9, 2011:

[youtube]-QYzwlExTNA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Thanks so much for sharing that video AltimotionPictures!

And thank YOU for being a part of Guild Wars 2 Stratics!!

B

Bella

Here's an update about the dye system found over at Guild Wars Insider here. Enjoy!

Guild Wars 2′s Dye System: Color Me Impressed
By: Aliette Faye | Mar 29, 2012 | Crafting,Featured,GW2 News,Video

Back with another video! This time, I give a quick look at Guild Wars 2 Dye System.
In GW2, you are able to dye any of your armor sets just about any color you can imagine. Heck, you can even dye a single piece of armor different colors if there is enough palettes available for the item. In the beta, you start off with a limited number of colors, and to get more, you would have to find Flower Seeds and bring them to the Dye Manufacturer to get more. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any Flower Seeds to see what would happen from there.

To get into Dye Mode, you just open up your Hero Panel, and click the dropper. This will bring you to the interface that allows you to dye your armors and clothes whichever colors you have available to you. The interface is very simple, with only a few buttons to click for various options. You have your Favorite colors listed at the top, which you can easily set by Right-clicking any color. Beneath that is your currently selected color, as well as an icon that you can click to organize how the colors are listed from below that. The only other thing to note is that colors are separated into several categories, all of which you can hide/unhide by clicking their headers.

The rest is very easy to understand. You simply click a color, and click which piece of which armor you wish to dye. There is an undo button in case you dislike your choice, so no need to worry about messing up.
It all sounds and looks awesome and I can't wait to try it out!

Thank you to Aliette Faye and GWI for allowing us to share with our readers!