• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

dyed curtains?

L

LadyStella

ok, i see dyed curtains in houses all over the place and cant figure it out. Ive tried dying mine with all the dye tubs and tok dyes but nothing works... Whats the trick?

Thanks=)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> regular or special dye tub, but you have to dye them while they hang </font>

L

LadyStella

hmm are they like certain carp items that can only be dyed the first time they are placed? Ive tried with them hanging and nothing happens.. Thanks for the fast answer though =)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> nope, can dye them over and over.... take it from someone who can never get just the right color

hang them, dye them..... not sure why you're dye tubs are not working.. I've never tried special dyes on them, so not sure how that goes.. would imagine they lose the color? </font>

L

LadyStella

haha k ill try again... =) even tried furni dye tubs after the others didnt work. Would look a lot better in my keep ANY color but white... Thanks again! =D

G

Both special dye tub &amp; regular dye tub works just fine on them (I haven't tried true black tub as yet).

They used to go back to default "no" color when you redeeded them (at least mine did) but since one of the recent patches they retain the color. I kind of liked that they bleached when you redeeded but oh well. You can dye them over and over.

-Skylark

L

LadyStella

aha! hehe you just have to place and then dye.. cant dye with a different char than the one you originally placed with =D Thanks for your help =) (black works too)
oh the pretty curtains!

G

this came just in time! I just hung some curtains and though the white/bleached look is nice with a keep, I think they might need some color. &lt;shrug&gt;

G

It is especially nice because each section is dyed separately, so you can have the panels and the swag portion different. I believe if you use a fresh dye tub that has not had any dyes used in it, they can be "bleached" back to original grayish white color.

-Skylark