• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dusting off the mongbats once again...

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two years ago... or maybe four... I started playing UO again. Briefly. For a period of 3 days, before deciding I couldn't go back to the old days, and feeling truly sad about it.

Having (at least temporarily) moved to the US with my fiance, I've been educating her on the Glory Days™ of UO (which for me were everything up to AoS).

Well, that only leads to one possible outcome... sadly, she couldn't be persuaded to join me in Sosaria, but... Well, time to stash all my precious stuff in the bank, and try to explore the world anew!

Any of the old SRC (or Mongbatica) crew around? I was talking to Christine on ICQ earlier, and keep regular touch with Aron Swordmaster.

Hello to all of you who remember the long summer days of nekkid marathons and mongbat wrestling :)

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay :D

another returner - Heya Sir - i dont think its my right to do this since i am just returned myself - but anyway:

Welcome back :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back, you'll find John in the babble thread. He's been cheerfully holding up the SRC's 'end' there.

A

Angel121

Well Hello...

Are we going to start camping Hanse on these forums like the old days *grins*

So did you finish lord of the swings?

*Starts to gather the Mongoose's (mongeese or Mongi) and a tub of water to soak them*

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm actually stalled midway through the Several Towers! I stopped to write something serious, and never realy got going again. The plan is still to someday finish it, and begin on "Hey Look, The King's Back!"

I bumped into John quite by chance last night, and spent a few hours reminiscing and dying to ogre lords on my cartographer :)

I was looking at getting Stygian Abyss, but being in the US with a UK billing address, EA don't want to take my money. Is there an alternative (safe!) way to get an activation code with paypal?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking at getting Stygian Abyss, but being in the US with a UK billing address, EA don't want to take my money. Is there an alternative (safe!) way to get an activation code with paypal?
Don't know of a way to get EA to accept PayPal, but thanks to advice from Petra I now use a pre-paid credit card, fractionally more expensive but damn useful.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main issue I have is being in the US, most online stores seem to PANIC when they realise I'm trying to buy something with a UK billing address - which mostly leaves an option of "speak to a real person"... which I dislike :p
I should really wait until I can afford it, I guess... Which would be sooner if I hadn't kept my 2 UO accounts active all the time I've not been paying.

A

Angel121

btw It's Angel from when SRC was starting up - AKA The Milkman also Used to write the AUO stuff :-D

just realised I've been posting and hadn't said that :p

I have the old stories somewhere on my hard drive :p

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*cheers!* I figured - I meant to mail you once or twice in the intervening 2/5th of a decade since we last spoke, but often figured "Hi, it's Cobra!" would be an odd start to a mail :p

Ah, the happy days of hearing about you and Bob and your "extreme mining trips"

YOU HAVE?! Excellent! I lost all of them except the ones that I put up on MD when I was writing for them!

A

Angel121

It's been years since I've played myself, only just came back,

I went off to venrure into "The Other Game"

After falling asleep half watching "Visionaries - Knights of the Magical Light" at the same time as smacking yogg with 0 keepers I realised I was bored...

O

o Kraken o

Having (at least temporarily) moved to the US with my fiance, I've been educating her on the Glory Days™ of UO (which for me were everything up to AoS)
Welcome back.

By the way have you given the Siege Perilous server a try?
It might be to your liking.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been years since I've played myself, only just came back,

I went off to venrure into "The Other Game"

After falling asleep half watching "Visionaries - Knights of the Magical Light" at the same time as smacking yogg with 0 keepers I realised I was bored...
*brief moment of irking everyone else discussing That Which Must Not Be Named*
Yep, We've not got to him but once, although we rush through TOC10 in half an hour or so. I'm mostly still playing that game, and a bit of LOTRO (Because it's vastly better than the bigger game.) My heart still belongs to Sosaria... and 10th year vet rewards for Cobra come in May, I believe.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And because I have awesome friends, Cobra will be exploring the Abyss now :)
Hope you enjoy it.. Lots of information to take in but since your doing that anyway you might as well learn about the Gargoyles *grins*