• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] DUPES DEALT WITH !?

X

Xel Naga

Can it possibly be EA has done something to combat against the dupes out currently ?

Fang of Ractus [Replica]
ID: 1094893

The Most Knowledge Person [Replica]
ID: 1094894

Legendary Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094895

Elder Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094896

Mythical Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094901

Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak [Replica]
ID: 1094902

Gauntlets of Anger [Replica]
ID: 1094903

Crown of Tal'Keesh [Replica]
ID: 1094909

Brave Knight of The Britannia [Replica]
ID: 1094910

Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094911

Captain John's Hat [Replica]
ID: 1094912

Tattered Ancient Mummy Wrapping [Replica]
ID: 1094913

A Necromancer Shroud [Replica]
ID: 1094914

Shroud of Deceit [Replica]
ID: 1094915

Calm [Replica]
ID: 1094916

Oblivion's Needle [Replica]
ID: 1094917

Gladiator's Collar [Replica]
ID: 1094918

Royal Guard Survival Knife [Replica]
ID: 1094921

Warzone bonus: ~1_VALUE~ kill points
ID: 1094922

Thine heroic efforts in capturing the sigil has yielded ~1_POINTS~ kill points and ~2_SILVER~ silver.
ID: 1094923

Items cannot be traded directly between vendors.
ID: 1094924

Orc Chieftain Helm [Replica]
ID: 1094925

Wind Spirit [Replica]
ID: 1094926

Good Samaritan of Britannia [Replica]
ID: 1094927

Djinni's Ring [Replica]
ID: 1094928

Quell [Replica]
ID: 1094929

Pacify [Replica]
ID: 1094930

Subdue [Replica]
ID: 1094931

The Robe of Britannia "Ari" [Replica]
Some of the Clilocs from the next pub from uhall.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=108528

I wonder if they're turning the current changling dupes into these replicas, turning the duped copies into replicas, or simply releasing replicas to the actual event items to devalue the dupes and make this stuff available to all o_O

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is safe to assume for now that they will be releasing these items.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats not all though, they should also make the decorative items that got duped replicated...

Heres the most recent list:

Royal Guard Inquisitor Cloak (Crimmy Red No Mods)
Small Animated Wax Candle
Royal Britanian Architect (Dark Blue Sash)
07 Best Guild Arirang (Ice White Ring)
Tattered Monk Robe (3% Phy Res)
Magic Key (Glowing Light Blue Hue)
Ancient Tomb of Knowledge (Only 2 Exist, Necro Book)
Arcane Tomb (Spell Book)
Zerver Tavern Review Notes (Spell Book)
Non Spawning Blood Tile (T Shaped)
Seer Open Book (The Teleporter is the first step...Soon we will be rich!)
Seer Open Book (This Access to the Mainland is Vital...Do Not Fail!)
Marble Table (2 Pieces ea set) (2 sets Facing Both ways)
2 STory Talking STatue
Boulder (3piece)
Wind spirit
Shroud of Talkeesh
Shroud of Ari
Lt guard Sash
Shroud of ARrirang 1st
Good sammy robe
Necromancer robe
Acid proof robe
Mythical detective boots
Oak Leaf Shroud
Orc Chief Helm HPI
Orc chief Helm hCi
Gladiators Collar
Scaffolding
Item bless deed
Neon Leather tub
Idol statue
Royal INquis Cloak (20 stealth)
Ricardo Hat
Halloween baja blood

K

Kratos Aurion

As far as the replicas go, I have no idea what they will be or are going to be. They may be exact item replicas. They may be implemented as a gold sink with limited use. We don't know that yet.

As far as the list goes, what they have is pretty standard. Its the major IN use items that people adore duping for big bucks, appeal and for PvP. Decorative duping would most certainly qualify to make the list but come on lets face it. Every rare in this game at some point has been duped or has the potential to be duped. That list appears to be zapping the major dupes that occur most frequently due to item dependency and profit purposes.

They don't need to kill collecting altogether. Just take care of problem areas. I would rather the developers implement new items with the same mods as EM items. That way we can continue to have our "rares" while the general public can continue to benefit from the freebies. But it appears the devs took a stance and this is what they chose.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea, I would not mind using a few of those in my regular PvE suits without going broke to do so.

As we all know, this would make it not worth the while of the mega brokers to sell the duplicated versions (you have all seen the standard in-stock lists from these folks).

This due to nearly everyone being satisfied with the same look and/or stats (name of item not important to non-hardcore collectors).

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less then 2 days ago and they were being sold by a well known broker.

They all had cash prices next to them.

PM for broker name.

xxstaticxx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less then 2 days ago and they were being sold by a well known broker.

They all had cash prices next to them.

PM for broker name.
Is it possible that this "Well-Known Broker" was merely selling the items for someone else and your just assuming there duped simply because this said person was selling them?? I mean, That IS what a Broker does right?

X

Xel Naga

Is it possible that this "Well-Known Broker" was merely selling the items for someone else and your just assuming there duped simply because this said person was selling them?? I mean, That IS what a Broker does right?
In the literal sense of the word I'd agree, but with the way uo has been going I'd probably say that's not all that most "brokers" do nowadays as less people have a need for actual brokering they get more profits cutting out the middle man and being the supplier xD Least in UO anyway.

E

Elbryan Uthador

Of course they are selling them for someone else. The person who has the dupes hoarded on other accounts. I think a more appropriate title shoud be Fencer, not broker.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
really, 4 threads that you pasted this into so far? You are beyond annoying. Glad I don't have to moderate it and delete the spam.
Is it against the rules to reply to more than one thread????uh???

X

Xel Naga

Is it against the rules to reply to more than one thread????uh???
Yes, it's called spamming and it's why you will notice an admin went ahead and deleted all your posts for it.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only item on that whole list that affects me is tattered ancient mummy wrapping, i dunno how that managed to get on the boat with all those high end event items lol

G

Godiva_DF

Any news about this topic after the pub went live?

Did they chicken out again after some whining was done?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually clilocs are added one or two patches before their corresponding functionality. So, do not expect to see anything related to this till atleast pub 57.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually clilocs are added one or two patches before their corresponding functionality. So, do not expect to see anything related to this till atleast pub 57.
Or even SA, as these would be logical loot drops for the new group-based encounters planned for that.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Y'know, the thing that bothers me.. is that if these were copied directly from the cliloc files, aren't several of the names wrong? Hopefully that gets fixed before they get.. replicated or whatever. I can understand some of them needing to be shortened for such things, but that doesn't forgive getting the words wrong.

C

Chaosy

Y'know, the thing that bothers me.. is that if these were copied directly from the cliloc files, aren't several of the names wrong? Hopefully that gets fixed before they get.. replicated or whatever. I can understand some of them needing to be shortened for such things, but that doesn't forgive getting the words wrong.
I couldn't find any that were wrong. Some were changed to be more general, but most are exactly the same as the original.