• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Duper Discussions

• Thread starter The Home Guild
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

The Home Guild

Sounds more like someone trying to sell thier duped items off and say they got it frm an idoc.I've noticed a few threads with event items and people saying it was from idocs.Just my opinion.

B

bokke

Sounds more like someone trying to sell thier duped items off and say they got it frm an idoc.I've noticed a few threads with event items and people saying it was from idocs.Just my opinion.
Why is it that whenever someone wants to sell something it has to be duped? What exactly is the point of coming to sell on these forums if this is all people are going to get subjected to? If this is the tone that will prevail in this thread I will just delete it.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there my old boots.... :) did they get duped i know another pair did? if not it would be nice to try get them back, i sold them when i left about 3 years ago but had them since the event on GL

N

NewThunder

Why is it that whenever someone wants to sell something it has to be duped? What exactly is the point of coming to sell on these forums if this is all people are going to get subjected to? If this is the tone that will prevail in this thread I will just delete it.

It's simple, there has been major duping. I had been thinking about buying around 2 billion in rares, but have now decided since EA is banning people simply for having duped items, I will not raisk my accounts buying items. At this point buyers have to assume that everything in game has been duped;

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Old school player Idoc's turn out some amazing things. And perhaps theres so many idocs because people are tired of playing. I know my event items I've aquired certainly came from idoc's. I cant afford to pay the high prices for items. Nor do I resell them. And I can tell you, at the moment I have a rune book full of idocs in various stages. SO there are plenty out there to hopefully grab some good things out of. I understand where ya coming from.and your right..its your opinion..but dont come down on those of us who get items in this fashion. :thumbsup:

T

The Home Guild

Old school player Idoc's turn out some amazing things. And perhaps theres so many idocs because people are tired of playing. I know my event items I've aquired certainly came from idoc's. I cant afford to pay the high prices for items. Nor do I resell them. And I can tell you, at the moment I have a rune book full of idocs in various stages. SO there are plenty out there to hopefully grab some good things out of. I understand where ya coming from.and your right..its your opinion..but dont come down on those of us who get items in this fashion. :thumbsup:
So a rare/event collector decided well **** screw uo i'm gonna let my over 1 bil+ items in my home decay and let everyone grab? ari shroud is close to 1 bil if not mistaken even after known dupage. If it was truely from an idoc then i say more power to him.However i doubt that is the case.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent seen anything yet that would qualify as "amazing". i can go through the event item list and pick out 200 items that I would considered "amazing" if it shows up for sale but certainly not these. As for price checks, just ask Parkay I think he was selling those too.

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So a rare/event collector decided well **** screw uo i'm gonna let my over 1 bil+ items in my home decay and let everyone grab? ari shroud is close to 1 bil if not mistaken even after known dupage. If it was truely from an idoc then i say more power to him.However i doubt that is the case.
LOL well if they dont care about pixels..yeah..what else they gonna do with em? cant put em in their closet's at home. cant deposit the gold in their rl banks..who knows..maybe they just dont care..Ive quit playing before..and i started in 99..and let my houses fall..just cause they were pixels..and back then, I did have quite a few nice things..and when I ever stop playing again..thats prob what I'll do again..and make the Idoc'ers happy!...:danceb:

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And Im not saying somethings arent dupped that are prob for sale on here..just things do happen..and you can get some really really nice things outta idoc's..:p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine too..far too many ''new'' boardies posting mega idoc loot for sale!!

Lord Kushmano

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my house was in fel i lefty my suits and arties inside the boxes just to make shure that any pvp that did happend when i quit uo over my idoc house was worth the fight for the ppl now m starting again and i will do the same when the time comes to quit agen

F

feath

and they all have the same in your face, nasty attitude.

S

Smokey of LS

LOL well if they dont care about pixels..yeah..what else they gonna do with em? cant put em in their closet's at home. cant deposit the gold in their rl banks..who knows..maybe they just dont care..Ive quit playing before..and i started in 99..and let my houses fall..just cause they were pixels..and back then, I did have quite a few nice things..and when I ever stop playing again..thats prob what I'll do again..and make the Idoc'ers happy!...:danceb:
unfortunately if you knew much bout collecting and rares collectors, over the years billions and billions of rares have been sold for gold and r/l cash.. and gold sold for cash.... that hmmm im guessin got deposited in thier r/l accounts...

M

Mortharr/Revenge

Just FYI i bought the Hat and the Cloak

1] Why would a duper bother selling for gold? Can dupe as much of that **** as they like, its worthless to them.

2] I dont think your calling the original poster a duper, but i can say he was a pleasure to deal with, i also know of people that sent him icqs asking to buy items that i had bought, to which he either did not reply or told them that the items had been sold.

3] i dont pretend to be a collector, if i buy an item its either to make some gold on the item, or because i need it for personal use.

4] pretty much everything in this game is duped

S

Smokey of LS

they would sell it for gold for the same reason they would sell it for cash.... they can sell the goldfor real money.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1] Why would a duper bother selling for gold? Can dupe as much of that **** as they like, its worthless to them. You know there are different levels of dupers. This could very well be a seller of duped items, of which he/she is not able to dupe but to purchase items from dupers in hopes of turning for a profit. Since hardly anyone is buying these suspecious items with cash the seller has no choice but to come here and sell for gold and later sell gold for cash.

2] I dont think your calling the original poster a duper, but i can say he was a pleasure to deal with, i also know of people that sent him icqs asking to buy items that i had bought, to which he either did not reply or told them that the items had been sold. If you want to be a salesman, wouldnt you be a "pleasure" to deal with? I have yet met a succesful seller who has not been a pleaseure to deal with.

4] And not everything has been duped. It 99% of the items being sold are duped. There is a big difference. The non-duped items are in collector's hands and being protected.

M

Mortharr/Revenge

ahh well manti
just get bored of constant spamming everytime an event item comes up for sale

DUPPPPPPPPPPPPE
DUPER
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPE
YOU DUPED IT OMGGGGGGGGG

DUPER

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not defending anyone here, just want to say how this statement could very well be true for it was true for me.

I stopped playing, had a Keep and Castle. Castle was filled to the brim with 10+ years of collecting from two shards, Baja & Origin. I collected, rarely sold.

Well, I decided to quit UO, but needed to close my accounts pronto and was planning on reactivating them before the 90 days so I could bank all my millions, possibly billions worth of items. Well, I forgot. Both my castle and keep went IDOC and fell.

So, yes it is possible.

Onto duper accusations:

Everyone, I am getting tired of seeing these subtle duper accusations. If you think the items are duped, that if fine and dandy. It is not fine and dandy however to couple those opinions with subtle accusations or a target towards a user.

I will be handing out warnings starting Monday for such accusations, so please, cease and desist with these accusations and allegations against users.

F

feath

and they all have the same in your face, nasty attitude.
i was agreeing with you, and adding to your statement, THP, not trolling you!

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know, with how fast all you rare collectors are ready to call any and everyone a duper trying to sell his or her duped rares, i think it would be in the best interest of the game to just delete all the rares and get rid of the whole damn market.

If you guys can't play nice, they should take it away from you. end of story.

F

feath

Rares collectors/sellers are really, really touchy right now. unlike dupers, getting their accounts closed would be devastating. unlike dupers who just open a new account and have business as usual. a rares collector would have to start from scratch. and after investing 100's of millions, this is not likely to happen.
so, we are hyper cautious.
some collectors have been here months, some for years, and have built up a reputation. you will notice right now, the only people selling items are people with brand new accounts. The rares community does not know these people, and in todays unfortunate climate, they are highly unlikely to be friendly.
be patient. build your reputation. try not to sell things that set off fire alarms.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I flat out found 26 of the purple shrouds at an idoc. Paged a gm and they were deleted after the gm confirmed they were all dupes.

M

Mortharr/Revenge

Rares collectors/sellers are really, really touchy right now. unlike dupers, getting their accounts closed would be devastating. unlike dupers who just open a new account and have business as usual. a rares collector would have to start from scratch. and after investing 100's of millions, this is not likely to happen.
some collectors have been here months, some for years, and have built up a reputation. you will notice right now, the only people selling items are people with brand new accounts. The rares community does not know these people, and in todays unfortunate climate, they are highly unlikely to be friendly.
be patient. build your reputation. try not to sell things that set off fire alarms.
Yeah but its also annoying for someone who buys a rare to either use or make gold on, and because some rares collector shouts dupe at the top of his voice its value just decreased by 20%.

E

Elbryan Uthador

Yeah but its also annoying for someone who buys a rare to either use or make gold on, and because some rares collector shouts dupe at the top of his voice its value just decreased by 20%.

That is why we have the "Duped" Sticky at the top. To warn potential buyers of certain items.

F

feath

HUGELY annoying, i know! rares collecting/selling is one of the best ways to make money in UO. prices are dropping on everything, not just the usual 'very likely duped' items. (btw, as Elb said, check the sticky thread - learn what to avoid with itchy hives!)

it isn't that someone yelled 'dupe' that dropped the value. The value was already shot to heck. people are trying to sell items at their value 6 months ago - and that isn't whats going to happen.

Let me show you an example.

6 months ago, i bought a blood stained tunic for 100m. i thought it about right to a touch high, but did it. now, in the last month, i've seen someone try to sell one at 125m. The prices are NOT going up. With the duping, prices are dropping, because there are more of them out there. supply/demand. i also saw someone trying to sell one at 80m. this is more likely its current price range. now, am i going to sell my 100m tunic for 80m? no. i'm going to hold on to it, and pray it goes back up in value.

now, a new collector comes into the picture. they aren't aware of the current prices on stuff. lets say, someone sells them a tunic for 90m (10m off, cause you're a great guy! i like you!). Great! now, that collector needs to sell it. lets say, they try and sell it for 120m. fair enough mark up - but it isn't going to sell at that price. They'll be lucky to get 80m for it. Because that's the current market price - in spite of someone yelling 'dupe'.

its a tough, tough market right now. it's very fluid. Start out slow - go for low end, less likely fire alarm things, resell with a small profit. Build your reputation as a fair and honest trader.

hope this helped you understand; where not here to hate anyone. We're all just scared our little pile of glittery pixies will blow up in our hands, and scatter to the winds.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hope this helped you understand; where not here to hate anyone. We're all just scared our little pile of glittery pixies will blow up in our hands, and scatter to the winds.

the only thing i understand about the way you people have been acting is that any newcomer to this board is guilty untill proven innocent, and thats wrong. I've seen way more hate here than respect. never mind kindness.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've sold a lot of rares in my day. I've got a reputation as one of the few on pacific not dealing in dupes. the pacific market is always getting worse as it's become a shard of new players while veterans flee. I hope to do the same on atlantic but its hard when as an Idoccer, the few cases i come across things of value they are blatantly duped and highly bannable.

Your Mom

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I picked this post to quote because it brings up an extremely good and valid point. Just because someone is new to the forums, New acct etc DOES NOT mean they are new to the game NOR does it mean they are a duper! The only reason I have a new account here on stratics is because well, my old one is gone =/ oh well life moves on.

I'm sure you have all figured out by now that im Treyster18 aka Alec Moontree, Now yes I have been accused of being a duper by your fearless leader but he was utterly and completely wrong and some of the good ppl here on this forum actually have a bit of common sense and know the truth, some have even cared enough to get the full story and understand the full truth. I did not come here to defend my self, I've collected and delt in rares for over 8 years and now all of a sudden im a duper =/ go figure heh, but people still buy from me and not a single soul who bought from me got banned unlike in other cases from buying from other people....

I do not agree with probably more than half of the statements here, Mortharr your Ignorance is amazing (not intended to be a personal attack Ignorance simply means not knowing) Manti gracefully explained why but I do hope you get banned as ALOT of innocent ppl who bought items such as that did. I do not agree with the way EA handled this banning AT ALL, some people were banned for having 1 duped item that they had no clue was duped while others still have packs upon packs full of dupes it was the single most unfair banning in this entire games history, I had friends get banned for having a few b-kits, having 1 wind spirit, I can go on and on. Now how do I know this is what they got banned for?

Well lets think about that for a sec, Long time RL friend comes back to the game and wants to make some good armor, buys 5 b-kits, next day gets banned I'd say its safe to say that 5 b-kits got him banned wouldnt you? Same situation with the wind spirit, so I know exactly why they got banned and exactly whos fault it was that it happened, I will not release the name of the seller here on stratics.

Is that fair? hell no absolutely not, Now I personally didn't get banned but ALOT of my friends and ALOT of innocent people did and this guys is the very reason this game is dieing. It's not because of duping at all, not even close, duping has even in some ways helped this game, its brought new ppl and old ppl back to the game, thats why my friend came back is to pvp with some kick ass event items which was normaly a 1 only item. Now lets get something clear, I DO NOT condone duping, and I wasnt trying to imply that duping in general is good, but controlled duping would help OR...OR....if EA would get off their lazy asses and try to help this game instead of further killing it by banning the innocent, they could VERY easily fix the problem by simply giving us (and selling on uo.com of course) tokens that have event items and or server births that are highest in demand, Lt. Sash for example. If you pull the plug on the cash cow the greedy lil theives will leave....this isnt a hard problem to fix, everyone just makes it a hard problem. The other reason this game is dieing.....IS BECAUSE OF EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SCREAMING DUPES....every time someone trys to sell an item everyone screams dupes and it just makes people want to quit, ppl come back to this game and try to sell there very legit items and get bashed extremely hard, like me for example I posted some items I had on a thread and asked for a PC because with the current market i wasnt sure what ppl would be willing to pay, and I got bashed like mad hell and they werent even items that are known dupes =/ and THP is probably the first to post it in every damn thread, how in the hell are you still here? why have I been banned and he hasnt? makes no sense.

Now as many ppl have said, the duped sticky is a good way to figure out what has been duped and what hasnt (even tho it only has about 10% of all duped items in it....) but that sticky is merely a guideline just like the event sticky, you go look at the event sticky to see where an item came from, what shard, what season etc you dont really go there to get a PC because well ALL of those prices are completely wrong and its impossible to keep them updated with the way the rares market is constantly changing. the Duped sticky was not ment for users to go there to see which items NOT TO BUY but to see which items are most likely duped, all items in that list were once very legit items, meaning there are still some legit ones out there, sure its hard to find them and its impossible to tell which are dupes but thats where you have to use your own judgment and common sense.

Does anyone else see all the Irony in this entire thread? probably not, half of the ppl that scream dupes and talk down and bash fencers and dupers turn right around all buddy buddy with fencers and buy items from them, it makes me sick to even come here any more.

K

kahlia

Ya know, with how fast all you rare collectors are ready to call any and everyone a duper trying to sell his or her duped rares, i think it would be in the best interest of the game to just delete all the rares and get rid of the whole damn market.

If you guys can't play nice, they should take it away from you. end of story.
LOL. Nothing needs to be taken away, the rares market is already ruined. At this point who can risk buying a possible duped rare? Not only do you have a duped item, you also are at risk for a potential ban.

the only thing i understand about the way you people have been acting is that any newcomer to this board is guilty untill proven innocent, and thats wrong. I've seen way more hate here than respect. never mind kindness. .
I agree. It is annoying coming to the rares forum and everytime someone posts rares for sale the collectors are all screaming "Duper". Why bother anymore? Shouldn't we all be under the assumption of "Buyer Beware". Basically very few things in the game remain unduped.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treyster, what happened to your legends house? The guy who owns it now said it fell on the Friday the bannings happened.

Your Mom

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treyster, what happened to your legends house? The guy who owns it now said it fell on the Friday the bannings happened.

it very well could have, I wouldnt know, I sold it about a week prior to the bannings, I owed someone alot of cash and that was the only way I had to pay it off, what happened after that im not sure of, havent really been back on legends since then as i never really wanted to sell it :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure Trey's Luna house on Legends had changed hands prior to the day of bannings

I wasn't there, so do not know precisely what transpired, but was told that the new owner claimed he placed the house....... I do know that I didn't hear about that house going into idoc phase, or any stage of decay for that matter... doesn't mean it didn't happen, but you do usually hear about a spot like that going up for grabs, even on our quiet little shard

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have been a idoc hunter for ohh 9-10 years, ever cince houses needed to have there doors opened once a week or they fell. if anyone was on napa, they might remember acme movers, that was my group. and although ive come across hundreds if not thousands of lesser items like vet rewards, newbie items and such, i only looted 2 "true rares" a dirty pot and a kettle, millions of ingots,leather, arrows and such, but that was it. even now that i am on origin i get about 5 falls a week and still not a single large ticket item.i did recently get a fall with about 250 cursed arties.now unless they were into duping cursed beserkers mauls and taskmasters i think im safe hehe(there all heritage points now anyways)
about a year ago the only real place to get any rare was by trading it with a reputable dealer or jsut getting lucky. now adays i fell a little alarmed that so many items are coming up for auction or are on venders. right now between atlantic, chessapeak and pacific ive seen about 40 server births and 50+ event items up for sale. its alarming, now i know some collectors are getting out of the game but still. there should be no more then maybe 20-30 two story statues but i swear i think going through the shards for shopping ive seen probably double that on 5 shards alone. i just wish they would fix it. and not pick on the poor slobs that obtain em, get the guys doing the deed.

now i did purchase a wash basin, tray and singing ball from a vender in chessy and a empty jar, silverware on atlantic and 2 pieces of phoenix armor on pacific.

in every case. when i purchased the items due to uncertainty i kept an eye on the venders for weeks, checking every day to see if "another" one showed up. and in every case except 1 (wash basin) no new one appeared. that was after checking 1 to 2 times per day for nearly 3 weeks, the other wash basin was removed or sold and has not reappeared on that vender afterwards.
its all i have to go on.

of the 60+ serverbitrhs i own i only suspect 1 to be a dupe, stupid me 3 years ago i bought a music stand with music on ebay, a day later the seller had another one up. i looked at the history of the seller and found out he sold 4 more. so unless that guy was extreamly lucky id think there duped. but again i cannot be certain of that. and im not going to throw away a piece of my collection unless im positive.

just my take.

H

Hanna

While I agree with your statement for the most part, you also have to remember not all people got their post counts reinstated.

I have done hundreds of idocs, and only twice found a "true rare", one was server birth "hay" and one was a "hole". One idoc I went to, had a few semi-true rares (possiblly event items), but the idoc (on Trammel) was taken over by a Fel guild and none of the rares ever hit the ground. Other than that, nothing.

Am glad to see that UO finnaly banned some of the dupers, but it doesn't look like they banned enough of the main accounts associated with the throw away dupe accounts.