• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dungeons in order of difficulty?

Steric

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi All,

As a returning player I’m totally lost after all the changes made in my absence.

Could some kind soul list the Main Dungeons & ‘Special’ Areas in order of difficulty (For a char who will be starting life as a novice Paladin & progressing to an Uber Sampire)

Not Looking for every dungeon/area in the game to be included.

Not looking for it to be super accurate.

Just a list I can use to guide my travels & help keep me out of too much trouble :eyes:

Many Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tyler's advice is good for a pre-existing character that you are modernizing, but Shame is deadly to new characters. Shame, Wrong, Covetous and the Trammel side of Despise have gotten revamped, and can be deadly if someone goes in expecting the old dungeons.

http://uo2.stratics.com/maps-and-locations/dungeons

A list of Dungeons: (sorted by my opinion of easy to tough)

Classic Anti-Virtue Dungeons (not yet revamped)
Despise (Fel side only)
Hythloth
Deceit
Destard (Greater dragons have upped the ante)

Revamped Anti-Virtue Dungeons with hard fights
Covetous (Void Pool is no loot area but if you like training on masses of small stuff...)
Wrong
Shame (deadly past level 2 unless specifically prepared for it)

Revamped Anti-virtue Specials:
Despise (Trammel) - no pets, allows all character types to take over and train an inhabitant, for fighting a boss (as part of a team).

T2A, Ren, etc.
Solen Tunnels
Orc Mines/caves
Fire
Ice
Khaldun
Terethan Keep

3D, LBR
Rat Cave
Spider Cave
Serpentine Passage
Spectre Dungeon
Ankh (Central) Dungeon (has 4 entrances)
Elemental Canyon
Exodus Dungeon (got revamped like some of the Tram/Fel to drop keys for Exodus mini-boss in Ver Lor Reg ruins)
Ancient Wyrm Lairs (2) - 1 in volcano in central Ilshenar, 1 south of Compassion/Chaos Daemon spawn
Wisp/Cyclopes Dungeon (same dungeon, two different entrances
Rock Dungeon
Blood Dungeon (event stuff at succubi left over makes bottom area deadly on some shards).
Sorcerers' Dungeon (level 2 is probably the most dangerous area, as well as the stairs from 1 to 2)

AoS/SE
Yomotsu Mines
Doom
Fan Dancer's Dojo
The Citadel

ML/SA
Underworld (SA)
Painted Caves
Labyrinth (much harder if you go against Rend, or accidentally spawn some of the named elementals).
Twisted Weald (harder if paragon changelings about)
Blighted Grove (deadly if you do anything other than hunting dryads for the Melisande - Hydrae and Abscess are extremely nasty)
Tomb of Kings (SA)
Palace of Paroxysmus (more due to damage from surroundings than spawn)
Stygian Abyss (not counting the full champion fights there)
Prism of Light
Sanctuary

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just wanted to chime in that they also introduced the New Haven Mines which are full of Earth Elementals in the circle and there are Ogre Lords and Lizardmen in the inner circle. You can train VERY quickly in that place since the Elementals respawn very quickly. You should even get a few Level 1 Treasure Maps (fun to practice with the L1 ones I think).

Last edited: