• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dungeon Hunter Help Needed.

K

keeshi

I had an idea for a treasure hunter, and was wondering if anyone would help me out...

My idea is have a new chara with 50 Lockpicking and 50 Magery(starting) Do only dungeon Chests and make his money this way, does anyone think its possable?

D

Dalamos

Yeah, you could diffently do that!

It will be slow going, but if you are enjoying yourself I say go for it. Its not to hard to devlope your skills just by playing and having fun.

K

Keno

Just a thought but wouldn't it be more efficient to start with 50 Lockpicking and 50 on another skill (Cartography?) then just take a few minutes to do the Haven quest to raise your Magery to 50?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're having enough lockpicks at hand, I would recommend to work from 50 to ~76 (when you re actually able to open a lvl 2 chest) with a lvl2 paragon-chest (from an earth elemental for example). Afterwards you are fine with chests from brigand camps to continue training lockpicking. (Haven has fast respawning camps. You can get rid of the brigands with blade spirits. After hitting 84 (lvl 3 - chests) your set better for dungeon chests. (And dont forget to check the chests at banks.)
For the Haven-Quests, I would start with 49 magery. (I dont like training magery that much but going from 49 to 50 and getting a reward for it, is fine. Only that the magery reward istn that impressive.) If that should be a new char to a fresh shard, start with 49 inscription and work it for the Haven quest up to 50. Reward is an undead slayer spellbook, which should/could sell well enough to provide you with a cheap lrc-suit, a full spellbook ,a good bunch of lockpicks and some spare money for further needs.