• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dubious Detective

McIan

Journeyman
Accompanied by the wafting, sense-assailing odor of fish, alive and dead, Galbin Glowbeard stomped into the tavern, pushing aside the twin bar doors. He stopped, puffing his chest, placed the thick fingers of his big hands on his hips, and looked around. "Glory be! Howzit I ne'er heard o this place a-fer?"

Alan looked up from his cleaning, caught a whiff of the dwarf's signature aroma and withheld the usual comment: "Welcome, sit anywhere friend," instead pointing to a far corner of the room silently praying for success.

Used to being treated shabbily, not essentially caring overmuch either way, and mildly enjoying the torment he knew he inflicted on land lubbers, the dwarf utterly ignored the man and walked straight up to the bar, sitting at a stool. "What ye got tha' passes fer ale here, lad?" he inquired. "Wha'ere it be, sit ur down rah here," he said, slapping the counter top so hard it made glasses tinkle and bottles shake. Alan, seeing the scarred face, missing teeth, eye patch and quiver full of arrows, complied without complaint. He placed a full mug of ale in front of him. "Ale is on the house, friend," he said, moving away quickly to pretend he had other business to attend.

Galbin grabbed the mug and chugged it down, wiping his red mustache and beard, failing to stop amber trickles from flowing down them. He then belched loudly and unabashedly. "No' bad mate! Had better. Keep em comin'" he ordered. "Oh, by the by... I'm lookin' fer a man o the name o Torak and I came ta see if'n the reward here has been claimed yet?"

Alan brought four more mugs of ale. He shook his head. "No sir, nothing so far. He wouldn't dare come here, but the reward is still good."

The dwarf made short work of all four ales, wiped his mouth again and stood. "As much as I'd like ta stay n' sample more o ye wares, I must be goin.' I'll find tha' lice-bitten scalawag and drag his sorry keester here for the prize! Good day to ya, lad!" He turned and lumbered out the door.

Alan shook his head and hurried to find a way to clear the air before the dinner crew arrived.

Last edited: