• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dual Clienting Issue

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Mods feel free to move if needed. Tried to find the old "tech" forum but could not find it.

Finally back after a little while and snagged a new pc to boot. Tried to open two clients at once but keep getting the error message below. Still have plenty of memory so the message confuses me. Knew there was talk about killing off multi-boxing but imagine they have not prevented dual clienting so...

Being the computer idiot I am I googled turning the virtual memory on and can figure that much out but what are the down sides to doing that? Or is their an easier way to fix the issue?

Untitled.jpg

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most of the time, the issue resolves itself if you reboot and go straight into UO.

But, having virtual memory on and set pretty high is required for most software - and has been that way probably going back to at least Windows 98.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Most of the time, the issue resolves itself if you reboot and go straight into UO.

But, having virtual memory on and set pretty high is required for most software - and has been that way probably going back to at least Windows 98.
Thanks, will give that a shot.

Have had many computers over my time in UO and never ran across this problem.. maybe virtual memory was a default setting on the older OS's and has to be set in Windows 10.

(HATE this freaking OS so far though ughh)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This has been going on for months. :( I would much rather see the dev team FIX stuff like this, work on banning scripters/multiboters, and the problem with client crashes while trading the "new" drakes, than than mess with the almighty endless journey/FTP/not bringing ANYBODY back without advertising/great for scripters/waste of time (IMO). @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix