• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Dry Looter

Boondocker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
New Players be aware;

Not all are honorable. I have been here on siege Perilous for about two weeks? Give or take.
Starting a new character, all skills to low to mention.

It would seem that makes me an easy target for some. Any way I was dry looted by Tom McClure [A].

I remember doing the reading on Siege that this is a rare event. Most folks are honorable.
I think this is true.

I checked my corpse, there was nothing left. Not that I had anything of value.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its called Siege PERILOUS for a reason. Consider that your official welcome to Siege, dust yourself off and hang on to your sense of humor.

Welcome! :hug:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um what does honor have to do with looting you dry? ?? If you need some pieces ask around I am sure there are players who will help you out, as I would but, dying and losing your stuff is a part of life :-(

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sometimes its just a way of welcoming you.. If you need some gold and a suit I would be more than happy to help. No matter who it is, do not let them get to you! Have fun and be free spirited!

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you're supposed to join NEW or NEW2 so you have a free pass month from getting attacked or looted or some honorable thing like that.

-Lorax

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happens sometimes. Build up your skills and turn the page. People here will help you to get started. Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
welcome to siege! if you need some help just ask. there are plenty of people willing to help you.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think you're supposed to join NEW or NEW2 so you have a free pass month from getting attacked or looted or some honorable thing like that.

-Lorax
One problem here, NEW2's leaders can't be on anytime, both me and my leaders have limit time in game so in some time zones, it can be very difficult to find a NEW2 leader who can join a new SP player.
I do believe most do go easy on a new char, who die easy but sometimes we do have some very young evils too, who can't kill anything stronger than a newbie and may find even a newbies loot useful.
As Zalfein said, try ask in gen chat, nicely if you can have some of your stuff back. If the killer do not want to return it, others will ask what you need and help you out.
Welcome to Siege, I hope you will enjoy it here.

Troy McClure

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the photo! I'm famous now. Probably not the best idea to stand unprotected in a public house, much less one to be a known base for thieves. Welcome to Siege.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its funny seeing these posts looting is whats fun and different on siege my suggestion get a few suits up so ya got back ups
2nd suggestion dont let it bother you because it will happen again this is siege perilous

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I remember doing the reading on Siege that this is a rare event. Most folks are honorable.
I think this is true.
I would not call it a rare event, it may be for some, where others always get looted.
When you die, your stuff belong to the killer and it's his choice to loot all, loot something or not loot.
The killers honor, compassion and needs together with the victims reputation effect the level of looting.
Respect are earned on Siege so a nobody easier get dry looted than a person with a good reputation.
A little roleplay may pay off, where pancakes and crying will make it worse.
Best thing to do is to expect to get looted, then be happy for the stuff you get to keep.
If you always keep a spare suit and tools in your bank, it will be easier to get back to playing. Running around in death robe looking for a new suit is not fun but as soon you are in new gear, you feel much better.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Sorry I can not resist. :) It is Siege, think of death and dry looting even; as a *social occasion* and you'll be fine. :)

:)

You will do fine here !!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not all are honorable.
Honor. Pah. What good is honor when you're laying on your back, staring at the cold, unforgiving sky, as a dog feasts upon your room temperature manbits?

Starting a new character, all skills to low to mention.
Skills. As if the numbers matter. All that you needed was available to you. A wide open field, and the adrenaline of the hunt.

Your "skills" are just tools at your disposal.

It would seem that makes me an easy target for some. Any way I was dry looted by Tom McClure [A].
That isn't what made you an easy target. Being an easy target is what made you an easy target.

A predator attacked a faltering fawn and feasted upon his justly earned innards. The blame lies with the prey, not the predator for doing what predators do.

Yes, some cling to honor. Others simply have no use for the prized toys of a fledgling and will leave them for scavengers.

But make no mistake, the niceties of civilization are a facade to make people feel better. The reality of it is that Siege Perilous is a brutal, unforgiving land where might makes right.

You can either wail to the unfeeling heavens for pity, or you can learn from your mistake, rip off your shirt, and throw your rippling ab muscles once more into the fray.

Remember this day. It will either be the first in a long series of painful memories, or you will one day look back upon it and laugh, with the deep, throaty laugh of a man who has tested himself against the worst the universe could throw at him and found it wanting.

I checked my corpse, there was nothing left. Not that I had anything of value.
Why would you have anything of value? Go out into the wilderness a boy, and come back a man. I see that you have spell icons on your screen. Get them out of your viewable area and hotkey the ones that matter. Siege bless a mage weapon. Go kill wildlife until your magery is at 70. Skin and cut the leather, sell it to somebody and bank the gold. Get yourself a few LRC suits and move on to bigger game.

While you do this, be prepared for people to try to kill you. After all, you now have something of value, and if you wish to keep it you must match wits against those that would take it from you.

You will not be likely to survive a one on one. This is fine, for the unforgiving lands of Siege Perilous can be bent to serve you, if you have the ingenuity. Run to the ant holes, and use them to kill your pursuer. Run them over some acid and then turn to fight by hitting them with mind blasts.

Learn the locations of the powerful creatures. Learn the art of pre-casting invisibility and running up to a dragon. Learn when to make your stand, learn when to run, and learn from your mistakes. You will make many. Death is the ultimate teacher.

I was dry looted by Tom McClure [A]
Fine. He killed you. He took your meager possessions.

But has he defeated you? Or merely given you a name to remember while you burn away the impurities of your flesh in the forge that is Siege?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*begins the long slow solo clap*

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's too bad that put an end to your promising career as an orthodontist, Cheapie. I always believed in you.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Honor. Pah. What good is honor when you're laying on your back, staring at the cold, unforgiving sky, as a dog feasts upon your room temperature manbits?
Best.
Quote.
Ever.

OK, rule number one: Don't come on the forums and whine. That is painting a target on you back. If you need help, yes, ask for help, both in game and on the forums.

Rule number two: Don't take sides in anything. Ever. Do not get involved in player spats. This time next month, power and influence will change and you'll be out of friends. I don't mean RP. Thats a different matter.

Rule three: do not go outside until you can replace your wardrobe three times over. Then if you do get drylooted, it won't matter. It won't hurt. The PKs lose thier power over you. No noteriety given.

Rule number four: if any staff member comes up to you and asks if you want to become a reporter.......say no. Seriously. :ohsnap: