• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Drop Music?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rumors are then music have to be only at 100 (now I have 120).
Is it real then i gain more with 100 then 120 music?
Now i have 99.4 in provocation with cu sidhe. But it seems stucked.
What have i do? Drop music and then raise it only until 100?
Thanks

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Hello,

It is preferable to be at 100 Music though you could try something with a higher Barding Difficulty such as Hiryu.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there was a time when i was reluctant to drop my music and i needed to to get my disco up to 120.

so instead of drop it i just picked something higher and harder from the list.

i think i ended up doing Tenticles of the Harrorer in Kaldun.

but it is easier to just drop your music to 100 and train it on a cu.
but i think id stone it off and just rework it.
saves having to 120 it again.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a little stupid sometimes. I had only 100 om provocation so i gain so slowly. I did'nt use the 120 PS.
Now i've reached, with the cu sidhes, 105.7 so i wait before drop music. If i see that it stucks again i'll drop music.
Thanks to all :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, the only downfall to having the 120 music when training is you get the 20% bonus, which you dont really want while training.

same as why you dont use Exceptional instraments when you train because of the bonus.

M

Muu Bin

If one was training Provo in the Weald, how would using a Satyr to discord you affect your chances? I'm not at home at the moment so can't test it out and it's been ages since I've used this method for training.

If your music was 120 and provo was, say around 95, would the discord from the satyr be too low to get a successful provo on a Cu? The first thing I thought of when I read the original post was to use a Satyr but then thought it would of course all depend on what the provo skill was at to start. Also, I'm not sure what the 120 music would drop to when discorded by the satyr.

K

KoolAidAddict

If one was training Provo in the Weald, how would using a Satyr to discord you affect your chances? I'm not at home at the moment so can't test it out and it's been ages since I've used this method for training.

If your music was 120 and provo was, say around 95, would the discord from the satyr be too low to get a successful provo on a Cu? The first thing I thought of when I read the original post was to use a Satyr but then thought it would of course all depend on what the provo skill was at to start. Also, I'm not sure what the 120 music would drop to when discorded by the satyr.
He usually nails ya for about 30ish points, which would rule out cu's being provo'd.

BTW for all you listeners out there, 99.9 music is best for gains in the other 3 skills, as it does a music check first, and you will almost always succeed, and then the "other" skill check, somehow doubling the gain possibility.
I know, it sounds weird, and you'll wanna ask me how I know, and I cant answer that in an educated way, so go on trust this time......since Ive 120'd all those skills many times! Music will go back to 120, or go for the first time, very smoothly and easily!!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i also hear is you stand on one foot with your tounge lolling out of your mouth.... on the RIGHT side while wearing pink spandex speedo, that that will also increase skill gains.

but only on tuesdays.

and every 2nd fridays.

M

Muu Bin

i also hear is you stand on one foot with your tounge lolling out of your mouth.... on the RIGHT side while wearing pink spandex speedo, that that will also increase skill gains.

but only on tuesdays.

and every 2nd fridays.
which foot? :mf_prop: