• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Drop # Misinformation

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a collector and a member of this forum I prefer to see a (?) or (alot) or (no idea at all) or whatever at the drop number on the Events Items Season 8 thread when there is no idea at all of the drop number, instead of randon numbers because this is a misinformation or a speculation.

I'm talking specifically of:

LEGENDS
Helm Of The Damned Replica (20) (yesterday night event?)
CHESAPEAKE
Rotten Leprechaun Cheese (<10)
ORIGIN
Replica Of The Rowan Tree (~25)

About the helm.. there was more than 10 yesterday on ATL for 20m each and 5 on legends for 5m each. Right now the helm is still on vendors at Legends for 5m.
Rotten Leprechaun Chesse: I have 3, a friend has 2 and there is always a cheese on CHESY shard at 10m or less.
About the Replica Trees... well, seems that the 25 drops were at the last Rares Fest on the vendors and right now there are a few on GL vendors for 2m each.

The Drop # is, for everyone that collects items, a very interesting and important number to know. Misinformation in this area could lead to someone big losses on revenue and of course to someone become richer.

S

shulginist

I bought four of the helm of the damned from a girl at bank last night and she had a few others as well. Any chance it was originally (20) and then more came later?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i suggest you go and visit the legends thread and look at photos from the event. EM opened a gate to a place where you can't recall in or out and each player can only get 1 helm. The number is fairly accurate.

As for the Rowan tree similar scenario.

cheese can't be confirmed only EM would know but based on the number of people turning in items and number of rounds he gave out cheese there werent that many.

But I digress, I can always take out the quantity out of every item. Would you like that? :)

D

DVI

I think you should put [1] for every item, and many of us can pretend we have unique items!
:)

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i suggest you go and visit the legends thread and look at photos from the event. EM opened a gate to a place where you can't recall in or out and each player can only get 1 helm. The number is fairly accurate.

As for the Rowan tree similar scenario.

cheese can't be confirmed only EM would know but based on the number of people turning in items and number of rounds he gave out cheese there werent that many.
I bought 2 helms, shulginist bought 4, i know of more people buying helms too (at 20m each, luna ATL) then there was more helms on ATL luna vendors (again, at 20m each) and there are helms on Legends at 5m each... and you still believe 20 is an accurate number? Oh well.. i guess you dont really care about the drop number that you are sharing with the rest of the collectors.

But I digress, I can always take out the quantity out of every item. Would you like that? :)
If that's some kind of a threat, well, im sure the community here will find ways to get these numbers.

What I would like is: accurate numbers. Too bad there isnt some kind of a wiki-system for that Seasons 8 thread.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit: I reread the thread and must change my reply. I understand Apetul's concerns and perhaps we can work something out to make this clearer for all.

Apetul, I apologize for my criticism...I did not clearly understand the context when I first read the thread.

I apologize to the community as well if my comments caused any bad feelings, I was wrong.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye i agree with Cowby, i think your being unreasonable Apetul.
Manti and others that help like Restroom work hard and try their best to gather up the info on the different items and drops. Some items are impossible to get a complete accurate count on, so they try their best to estimate. I think they are doing a great service and i thank them for it.

Do you want to take up the role Apetul? Find out each and every rare event item that drops and then try to work out the quantity for every shard? Then we can judge you and give you abuse when its not to our liking :p

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW is all i can say. if Manti didnt take the time to do these lists then we would'nt know what was out there at all. I am new to the rares community and have used his lists a great deal. Thank you Manti and dont let anyone else's comments stop you from providing a great asset to collectors. numbers are pretty damn close in my opinion.

T

Tinsil

If you think some numbers are wrong, I'd just PM and say that you think they're wrong, and let it go from there.

It's helped me few times, better than no indicator.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps we could add an * or something after the number for the ones where 'everyone' at the event got one and a ** where it was a vending machine open to the public sort of deal. Even though it doesn't change much, it would give folks additional information as perhaps there are players that are hidden getting additional items if its dispensed by an item (even if its under a closed gating system).

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, everyone seems to take this very personal.
I did a suggestion about a change on the drop number. When there is no clue about the drops, just use a (?) or whatever you prefer.
I have posted facts about how many helms were buyed and how many are still on vendors. The rowan trees must be the reward that every collector hates because 9 of 25 are right now on luna vendors on different shards.
And what's the answer i got? The EM had used a "machine" somewhere on the world so that everyone could get a reward. And the drop numbers remains the same.
Come on people, my confidence on those drop numbers is lower every time I see those (20) or (~25) when clearly are alot more out there.

But anyway, I could change the suggestion or just add another one:
* When items are droped via a "item machine" then the rare should say something like:

Helm Of The Damned Replica (20+) [Droped via Item Machine]
OR
Helm Of The Damned Replica (?) [Droped via Item Machine]
OR
Helm Of The Damned Replica (20-100) [Droped via Item Machine]

(change "Item Machine" for a proper name.. i just dont know how to name it)

I'm blaming someone for every drop number? of course not! I use them alot and I just want better information.

Do you want to take up the role Apetul? Find out each and every rare event item that drops and then try to work out the quantity for every shard? Then we can judge you and give you abuse when its not to our liking :p
No thanks, but I can help on the drops on LS. For example, on the last event where the Mc Barnaby's Bitter Brine were droped on monsters... those monsters called "Unknow Assailant" were Paragons and they droped Paragon Chests. Since there is no currently a spawn of "Unknown Assailant" anywhere.. these chests are rare too. So thats another Rare to add in the LS rewards list. How many chests are out there? I know of 3, but of course could be more than 3 and no more than 10 because there was only 10 "Unknown Assailants" to fight.

I'm trying to help, but some of you guys need to start to accept some suggestions. Better information means better decisions you can make.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest that the EM's just give out the numbers. That isn't that hard to do and some of them do that already. There are just others that refuse, why I do not know. Sure would clear alot of things up IMO.

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought 2 helms, shulginist bought 4, i know of more people buying helms too (at 20m each, luna ATL) then there was more helms on ATL luna vendors (again, at 20m each) and there are helms on Legends at 5m each... and you still believe 20 is an accurate number? Oh well.. i guess you dont really care about the drop number that you are sharing with the rest of the collectors.

If that's some kind of a threat, well, im sure the community here will find ways to get these numbers.

What I would like is: accurate numbers. Too bad there isnt some kind of a wiki-system for that Seasons 8 thread.
I cannot believe how you are treating Manticore. I find it offense, and I don't even know him, but I do appreciate the work he puts into giving us the most accurate information he can.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in light of the new information the EM said some were able to gate in and he estimates at 60 so that will be updated for the replica helms.

T

Tinsil

in light of the new information the EM said some were able to gate in and he estimates at 60 so that will be updated for the replica helms.
Seems high.. But maybe more accurate than 20. Thanks boss

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there Apetul,

its very good that you give us new information about number droped.
BUT your your work had received much more credit if you had not round it off with jumping on Manticore.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there Apetul,

its very good that you give us new information about number droped.
BUT your your work had received much more credit if you had not round it off with jumping on Manticore.

Regards
The Scandinavian
I've never talked about Manticore in any of my posts. I know that some other collectors give information to him about the drop numbers too. So I cant point any fingers at all, just because I really dont have a clue who they are. Anyway that was not the point of my post.
The point was to ask for better information, for a suggestion about the -item machine- items. If my suggestion wasnt clear then they can use Assia's suggestion in this same thread.
But well.. alot of people just like to try to find any drama.

Cool. Thanks. I guess the same could have happened with the Rowan Trees, because I can count 10-12 Rowan Trees only on LS and there is 9 for sale on luna vendors at different shards. Thats 19-21 trees without counting other 26 shards.
Manticore, what do you think about the suggestion on the items handed out via "item machines"?

D

DVI

I've been following this thread since it was first made, and seriously people?

Everyone is attacking apetul and its not necessary or fair. All he's doing is making a suggestion and opening a forum for discussion on how to improve the current system we use for recording rares and their quantities.

Its clearly not a personal attack against Manti, or anyone else that participates in gathering information about item drops. Besides lets be honest there have been several situations of late where the numbers have been significantly off, so his point and suggestion of a change being necessary clearly has merit.

G

Gunga_Din

I've been following this thread since it was first made, and seriously people?

Everyone is attacking apetul and its not necessary or fair. All he's doing is making a suggestion and opening a forum for discussion on how to improve the current system we use for recording rares and their quantities.

Its clearly not a personal attack against Manti, or anyone else that participates in gathering information about item drops. Besides lets be honest there have been several situations of late where the numbers have been significantly off, so his point and suggestion of a change being necessary clearly has merit.
DVI Sucks Again !! Your no fun.

S

Stewpid

The Legends EM's are probably the absolute worse when it comes to doing events and what not. While the number is probably more than 20, 60 seems kind of high, seeing as maybe 60 people play that shard.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(*) this symbol has been added to the event item list starting this season to denote vending machine style distribution. quantity of such item depends on time left for players to get and accessibility using multiple chars on same account.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good call Manti. I was goingto suggest labeling as C2G (click to get) but as many people know, some of these items are available for a ten minute period, some for hours. Some are in places where you can gate in, some safe, some neither of the above. Its a highly subjective thing, but at least there is an understanding of how the item was distrubuted.