• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] ***Drop Info Needed For The Rares Wiki***

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey,

I would like to keep the Rares Wiki up to date and need some help, if you can please either Post/PM/ICQ me the info so I can input it in the wiki it would be greatly appreciated. Here's the info I would need
  • Name (needs to be exact with punctuation for accuracy)
  • Date (month/day/year)
  • Shard(s)
  • Type ID (Enhanced Client)
  • Hue ID (Enhanced Client)
  • Additional (Weight/Resists/Durability/Strength Requirement/ETC)
Now if you also know the range for the count I would like to update that as well (previous rares also), I know this is subjective since there's no real numbers other than stealables since Season 13 however a range if you have attended the event would be great

Surprisingly I don't even need a picture of the item, as long as it's an existing graphic and you provide me with proper Graphic/Hue # the database will generate an accurate image. If it's a new graphic however, please send me a screenshot of the image. If ever you have a spreadsheet with just the item name/shard/date I can try to track down the rest of the info myself, let's try to get the rares wiki back on track in the new year!

What's missing? Any duplicate or corrupted links?? Please let me know
Rares From 2017 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums
Rares From 2018 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

To Do List:
-

Last edited:

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What happened to Brian Freud?
I wish I could answer that question... he's been very quiet for months now and most of his houses have dropped (if not all) :(. I'm trying to keep stuff up to date in the meantime so please send me the above info for any rare that's missing in the wiki and i'll add it :)

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I could answer that question... he's been very quiet for months now and most of his houses have dropped (if not all) :(. I'm trying to keep stuff up to date in the meantime so please send me the above info for any rare that's missing in the wiki and i'll add it :)
he tell me he lost :
Brian DeSpell
3 castles, the bucs house, the fire island, and I think one other.

but not all house fall yet

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills - 2d client 2/26/2018

Sorry, cannot id the hue or make the item by itself.

zzem26.jpg

WordSmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I know how to edit the wiki, but not quite sure how to add a new entry

WordSmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have noticed while editing wiki.
Displayed image may be different from the uploaded image.

example)

I uploaded "Ocean Blue" hued sash image for following page.

Corporal Of The Royal Knights Of The Crux Ansata - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums
(uploaded image: http://services.servuo.com/uoapi/item/5441/1195)

but, the following image is displayed.
https://stratics.com/w/images/1/1d/UO-Item-5441-1195.png
(maybe hue 1194)

following images as also.
UO-Item-5441-1194.png - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

I cannot find the way to solve that...

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fixed, agreed there's something off with some hues as I also can't generate it through the wiki... same problem with the wrong hue showing once saved. In those cases it's best to add the image following these steps How to edit the Rares pages - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums (How to add an animated image). You can send me a PM if you need additional help or have others, also a big thanks for all your contributions to the wiki so far as i've noticed and please keep it up as it's a huge help :thumbup:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Just so it's stored *somewhere*, the issue with images in the wiki seems to be, as far as I can tell, that since we're dealing with such tiny pixel images (most are only like 300 *bytes*), when you upload a new version of an image, mediawiki never figured out that it needs to update its image cache... So it keeps serving the original image, even though it has an updated one.

The workaround I've used is to upload the new version, then move the image. So if it was UO-item-1234-567.png, I just move it to UO-item-1234-567-1.png,and importantly, I select to create a redirect. So now mediawiki creates a new cached image to serve out, using the newest version of UO-item-1234-567-1.png, and now uses that anytime UO-item-1234-567.png appears on a page.