• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Drop distribution in party vs solo?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all,

In the past my group has always broken party just before killing a peerless / champ / big nasty to separate the corpse and improve drop distribution. My understanding was that this was changed with Time of Legends so that even in party drops would be meted out accurately. Based on some recent discussions in game, I'm worried this may not be true, and before we tackle the Roofof Shadow guard for the first time I wanted to get a clearer idea. When we do the Roof, do we need to break party before the final boss dies? Thanks!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I do the roof we always drop the party before the last boss dies. I've had a good amount of drops and loot this way. I will also equip my luck suit when the final boss is pretty much dead.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even IF (and that is a big ole if) the pack drops are distributed evenly in party, the corpse loot is still not separate. In places like shadowguard, the loot on the corpse can be more valuable than the pack drop, so until they give us instanced corpses while in party, I think we are stuck breaking party at the end of encounters.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When I do the roof we always drop the party before the last boss dies. I've had a good amount of drops and loot this way. I will also equip my luck suit when the final boss is pretty much dead.
This is what we do...we forgot to one time and there was a LOT of loot on the corpse...usually with the 3 of us I get roughly 15-20 items in *my* corpse when we drop party, a good amount of them being Legendary...not GREAT Legendary mind you lol but still quite a few.

It would be nice to have instanced corpses while remaining in party, not sure if that can be accomplished or not but dropping party has become second nature by now so I don't mind it.