• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

drinking life

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When we think we already know everything about ultima online, the developers come up with something new.
Has anyone been to Deceit these days? Have you ever seen a sampire "fail to drain life? Trying to drain a paragon's life?
Yeah! The easiest way to nullify the main characteristic of a sampire ... drain life with every blow!
Ok man this is ultima online! :devil:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep, they want to tease your brain, and have you try other things, like healing. Also the Paragon Executioners there are a treat!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When we think we already know everything about ultima online, the developers come up with something new.
Has anyone been to Deceit these days? Have you ever seen a sampire "fail to drain life? Trying to drain a paragon's life?
Yeah! The easiest way to nullify the main characteristic of a sampire ... drain life with every blow!
Ok man this is ultima online! :devil:
Sampires still drain life with damage. The Life leech is what does not work on these paragons. Sampires do just fine in deceit. Many Sampires use weapons without life leech already.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampires still drain life with damage. The Life leech is what does not work on these paragons. Sampires do just fine in deceit. Many Sampires use weapons without life leech already.
Sometimes a good bladed staff works better for you than double strike from an ax. Momentum strike works a lot better than many may realize when fighting a group of mobs.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok got it, but how do I stay alive?

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes a good bladed staff works better for you than double strike from an ax. Momentum strike works a lot better than many may realize when fighting a group of mobs.
humm, but i'm a swordsman, and i would have to train mace.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, they want to tease your brain, and have you try other things, like healing. Also the Paragon Executioners there are a treat!
cool, i'll have to train healing too ... there i'll get a new soul stone and spend days training healing too... man this is crazy!:eek:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to think outside the box and do things like using confidence, close wounds, and then dragging the paragons into large groups of mobs that you can leech from. I have gathered around 300 drops from deceit on my non healing, swords Sampire. do i die? of course, but I have about 6 locations marked around deceit and use my second account Tamer/Mage to gate my ghost out, rez and gate back to body. if you don't have a 2nd account, i would start an Endless journey account and train up a Mage to do this with for future events.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to think outside the box and do things like using confidence, close wounds, and then dragging the paragons into large groups of mobs that you can leech from. I have gathered around 300 drops from deceit on my non healing, swords Sampire. do i die? of course, but I have about 6 locations marked around deceit and use my second account Tamer/Mage to gate my ghost out, rez and gate back to body. if you don't have a 2nd account, i would start an Endless journey account and train up a Mage to do this with for future events.
Oh, why didn't I think of that? Thank you!