• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread War Horse Training

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coming back and have an old dread warhorse in the stable. My play style is "unsure" as I ran music peace for a long time but now have built my character to Tame, Lore, vet, mage med , SW. I plan on training my legacy pets (not sure if my greater dragons are any good) and have a 3 slot WW the old fashioned way by just letting them first before I use the new system. Looking for ANY advice based on possibilities of the above template or also maybe music and discord and dropping SW and magery?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep the magery and weaving on the tamer. Most tough things will not discord anyway.

Build up some fresh 2 slot Nightmares before you do anything the the Dread.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Keep the magery and weaving on the tamer. Most tough things will not discord anyway.

Build up some fresh 2 slot Nightmares before you do anything the the Dread.
With the exception of a couple templates, the 2 slot mare will be more powerful/complete pet. than the dreadmare. I agree with pawain, keep the dread in the stable for now and train up some nightmares.

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok thank you. My main pet used to be the WW (759 str) pre patch which is 3 slots. A bit lost on how to build him with the new system and don't want to mess him up. I think I have a decent CU and the typical GD. No idea why i have the pets I do ha. I think i sold my pre patch mares

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the Cu is 4 slots you have to release and retame it.

Bond the Cu and train the WW to 100% and stop and put it away.

Then Train the Cu and experiment with it.

You have to dedicate a lot of hours to train and build multiple pets.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ok thank you. My main pet used to be the WW (759 str) pre patch which is 3 slots. A bit lost on how to build him with the new system and don't want to mess him up. I think I have a decent CU and the typical GD. No idea why i have the pets I do ha. I think i sold my pre patch mares
759 str white wyrm is at the top of the str range, 760 being cap. Finding a 4 slot 759 wyrm is pretty uncommon. Prepatch three slotters I've seen maybe 3-4 759 str ones since after the training patch and half of those were ruined by inexperienced tamers. The lower his cold resist the more valuable he is also.

Last edited: