• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread War Horse a Problem?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something seems to be ... strange here.

I had my tamer on the other account at 106.n Lore and 105.0 Taming.

I transfered in a Hiryu, No problem
I transfered in a Cu Sidhe, No problem
I could not transfer in a Dread War Horse
I transfered in two Greater Dragons, No problem.
I tried the Dread War Horse again and it transfered in.

Now, that tamer is at 107.0 Taming and 110.3 Lore and I am still getting the Wont Bond with you until Taming is higher message.

Something just doesn't feel ... quite right here.

Well at Taming 107.5 I am no longer getting the message.

Stil, this seems to be ... unreasonably high for a Dread War Horse.

N

Nenime

First, thanks a lot for that info :thumbsup:

So a Dread Horse has a higher taming difficulty than a G.D.? That's indeed odd - no, that's un-balanced. That makes this mare the hardest tamable pet ever. Wow! They could give them some better resistances then.

L

Lilitu

107.5 taming requirement for dread warhorses? I can believe that. Also it's not so strange, because high taming difficulty doesn't necessarily mean high monster "power". Look at firesteeds, they have very high taming requirement but are far from top pets. Maybe dread warhorses are difficult to tame because, like firesteeds, they're exceptionally evil?

Z

Zodiac19

I had thought that some of our most fabulous tamers had figured out the tamming skill needed was 105 but I could be mistaken.

N

Nenime

Maybe dread warhorses are difficult to tame because, like firesteeds, they're exceptionally evil?
Good point, lorewise. I was more practically thinking like... the harder a pet is to tame the higher the declared Taming Difficulty should be. At least this would be logical.

I still wonder if Dread Warhorses will be implied later permanently or disappear completly.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had thought that some of our most fabulous tamers had figured out the tamming skill needed was 105 but I could be mistaken.
I thought it was high 104 or low 105.

In this specific case, it was greater than 107.0 and less than or equal to 107.5.

I am not willing to bet the farm on that being the To Tame value. I can envision someone taming this thing and by some scenario it manages to go wild. I come along and tame it, keep it in the stable until the tamer on account 2 comes on line and transfer it to him.

Unless things have changed (I am a returnee and make NO claims to be .... well informed) that scenario raises the To Tame number. If so, I would think it would be a static formula and still would give some insight as to the real To Tame value.

D

D'Amavir

Are the taming numbers mentioned real or can you bond a dread with skill from jewelry?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the taming numbers mentioned real or can you bond a dread with skill from jewelry?
Jewelry same as gaining Stable Slots can be had by Jewelry.

The Lore happened to be real but the taming, I have +29 to taming jewelry.

Z

Zodiac19

I found on the vet master web site the dread is 107.1 to tame. I think I had the dread an GD tame values switched.

S

Sarphus

107.5 taming requirement for dread warhorses? I can believe that. Also it's not so strange, because high taming difficulty doesn't necessarily mean high monster "power". Look at firesteeds, they have very high taming requirement but are far from top pets. Maybe dread warhorses are difficult to tame because, like firesteeds, they're exceptionally evil?
Actually fire steeds are one of the most underrated pets in the game. They get double pack instinct, so if you have 2 fire steeds, you have PI 4. If you have 2 fire steeds and a summoned imp, you have PI 5 (double damage on both steeds... OW)

A lot of people have no idea what fire steeds are capable of. They play similar to other packs, but slightly less damage and more durability.

I agree that taming difficulty doesn't need to equate to pet power, but I also think dwh are extremely powerful. They have great HP and resists and base dmg for a 3 slot pet. If it weren't for corrupt armor, a rune beetle couldn't have the potential to out damage a dwh. I think the dwh is stronger than rune beetles on discord tamers, but I haven't fully tested that theory yet.

re-read the OP. I think the reason dwh have such a high taming dificulty is because their base dmg and str allows them to out-hit a rune beetle assuming the target isn't under the rune beetle's corrupt armor effect. Also, the dwh is mountable, has 600+ hp and solid resists. It's a really strong pet. Probably the strongest all-around 3 slotter.

N

Nenime

I think the dwh is stronger than rune beetles on discord tamers
When I discord an Oni or Swoop my (trained) Dread Warhorse takes them down as fast as a Greater Dragon. I would guess a Rune Beetle has a bit more damage output because of additional bleed attack and poisoning - and the mentioned corrupt armor thing. But a DWH has about the double amount of health points so I make it attack first then I throw a EV in = very fast kill. Almost like the old times when Swoop wasn't the uber-thing that it is now.

S

Sarphus

When I discord an Oni or Swoop my (trained) Dread Warhorse takes them down as fast as a Greater Dragon. I would guess a Rune Beetle has a bit more damage output because of additional bleed attack and poisoning - and the mentioned corrupt armor thing. But a DWH has about the double amount of health points so I make it attack first then I throw a EV in = very fast kill. Almost like the old times when Swoop wasn't the uber-thing that it is now.
Yeah, dwh are nice. I'm thinking about pairing one with a fire steed or bake. If dwh had PI equine, I'd definitely pair it with a steed for PI 3 :)

I've been very happy with my dwh.

C

Conrad99

A trained War Horse and a trained Bake is a strong combo. I love fight with those two. It has been my fighting combo as of late.