• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread Mare and Bane Dragon

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Prior to pet training, these were primarily only used for PvP. Are either worth training for PvM or should I just try and sell them off?

mihali

Sage
They lose value as soon as you train them, instantly, and may never sell. I have trained bane dragon all 120 and chivalry/AI, but never intended to sell. Still have one untrained but will stay dormant and the dread will also. No intention of selling either of the 3, esp the CHIV/AI bane, that is awesome in some encounters.
Both of these are still great for PVP by the way that is where their value is mostly.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would only sell them if they are pretty much worthless in the PvM realm. I do not PvP so not concerned about that or selling if I can use them.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
banes can be damn good for pvm, but you need high stats on it for it to be good
dread mares i thought were always just for show

mihali

Sage
Dreadmares are not just for show. Think of them as rideable GD's to which power they are close to, and that you can upgrade and train, plus they look nice and they have the "trick", and do more energy damage.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Banes have many fine builds for PvM.. The exp goo AI magery build is the highest aoe damage pet in the game, and are the best pets for boat battles in most cases. Besides the wild fire ozzys( mini banes) no other pets comes close to their over all damage output. Single target if the bane has aggro is the same story.. While the AI magery bane has amazing burst if it has aggro, and nearly unmatched sustained damage( thanks to the passive).. The AI chiv bane( requires a high intensity value bane to truly make it sing ) Is by far the highest damage pet in the game in most cases.. Only the AI chiv trintons with wrest over 125, and dex over 182 comes close to their over all damage. I would not train them lightly, as its easy to make mistakes in the pet system and are easy ruin.. I have both the exp goo AI magery and AI chiv banes, as well as a AI chiv trinton worked to the 120 skill caps.. If you would like I will meet you on test shard and allow you to try all 3 pets to see which suits your play style. Since they are mere copies you can have them to enjoy and try in different battles to see what truly sings with your playstyle.. Hope this helps. =^-^=

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will have to look at how to copy a character onto test. It has been many years. Thank you!