• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread Horn and me

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all. Got Mondain's Legacy today and I had heard that Dread Horn can be solo'd. I took off to Twisted Weald and as I knew nothing of the place, I managed to summon ~10 malefics/virulents. After a few deaths and curse words I had gathered all keys to enter Dread Horns "lair".

I ALMOST managed to solo that [censored], and I promise that next time I will. Training Magic Resist to my tamer and I'm gonna bring pots the next time I go there

I would recommend everyone to try soloing it
it's fun and the adrenaline rush is great when you're at 32hp and you manage to he... get hit by Dread Horn for 33dmg.

Beetle + Mare = Tank&Spank.

Better luck next time.

Happy huntings

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nice effort! I've never had the chutzpah (or the skills) to try and solo any of the peerless.

G

nice... yet your not actually soloing it since you have two pets with you.. aka there are three of ya.....

its been done by tamers many times since dread horn has been in the game..

Yet again good job!

C

Conrad99

You got further than I did. I could not even get all the keys by myself. I still need to figure how to get past those damn pixies.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

yet your not actually soloing it since you have two pets with you.. aka there are three of ya.....

[/ QUOTE ]In a word, nonsense. A tamer with pets is just as much solo as any other template. You have to dedicate a good part of your template to taming in order to control the stronger pets, in the same way any template has to put skill points into whatever skills they use for combat. Pets don't do much of anything on their own, except maybe wander off and get themselves killed. Saying a tamer with pets isn't solo is like saying a dexxer with his maul, or a mage with his scrappers isn't solo either.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you have discord?

Also, when I melle it a tamer will come with me for beetle's armor currupt, and as long as the tamer stands right behind the beetle, dread never even looks at her

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[In a word, nonsense. A tamer with pets is just as much solo as any other template. You have to dedicate a good part of your template to taming in order to control the stronger pets, in the same way any template has to put skill points into whatever skills they use for combat. Pets don't do much of anything on their own, except maybe wander off and get themselves killed. Saying a tamer with pets isn't solo is like saying a dexxer with his maul, or a mage with his scrappers isn't solo either]

Not true. A tamer with a pet could fight 3 separate battles at once. Where as a non tamer would have 3 mobs on him in same type of fight. So no a tamer killing anything is never solo unless they do it entirely without any pet help.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

do you have discord?

Also, when I melle it a tamer will come with me for beetle's armor currupt, and as long as the tamer stands right behind the beetle, dread never even looks at her

[/ QUOTE ]Nope. At the moment my template for my tamer is mage, lore, vet, tame, medi, res spell. I had ~75 discord and GM musi but I dropped musi and SS'd discord cause I didnt bother to raise it :p

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious why you've blocked out an application. Lots of things in this game are easy once they're automated... *shrugs*

Me, I'd prefer to do dreadhorn with friends. Goes a lot quicker too...

I

imported_Galdrion

You could also get sacrifice to attemp a self rez... if that works there... not a big fan of peerless myself.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You could also get sacrifice to attemp a self rez... if that works there... not a big fan of peerless myself.

[/ QUOTE ]I think it works there. Got to start gathering Sacrifice, then :p.

Havent tried it solo after those first 2 tries. I did kill it with another tamer though, took ~15min

G

<blockquote><hr>

A tamer with pets is just as much solo as any other template.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh a tamer that has magery and hauling two casting pets that also do Gm wrestling damge is just the same as a solo melee'er...?? yeah yeah

the tamer combo has three casters (general tamer template)..and two melee damagers (Three if the tamer is a chiv fencer or archer or what ever melee'er also).... a tamer has two shields also....

I

imported_GFY

Stop stealing the thread.

CONGRATS!
I can't even get to the Island solo.